AL FORNO RESTAURANT
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AL FORNO RESTAURANT Employee Reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

Can be very hostile

If your young and struggle finding a job then this is for you. However if you need to earn a living wage i dont recommend as it is minimum wage and no tips. Long hours and no free food. You will always be rushed off your feet or sent home early because of too many staff. There is no inbetween.

Pros

Some nice people

Cons

Pay

Don’t waste your time

Much better establishments to invest your time into. Is a pooled house with unfair practices. Evidenced by constant turn over in staff and bringing in employees that are vastly under qualified. Head Chef is awful to be around; owner is equally as bad if not worse. Derogatory and mean.

can be a good place to work

This is a good place to work but is just not good for me. If you are under 18 you get minimum wage and do not get that many hours. Apart from that it is a good place of work and nice people around you.

Team-Based and Fast Paced

Usually busy in the evenings and mornings. Sundays are busy but the best days because they seem more relaxed. I built up lots of confidence the longer I have worked here as I am constantly talking to customers and making friends with members of my team. It can be stressful but everyone works so hard and no one will leave you behind.

Good company and very friendly

Nice company to work for excellent management run like a family unit close knit which I liked. Any problems they quick to make u feel at ease. They are as flexible as possible.

Pros

Stable good company to work with and award winning

Cons

Split shifts

Only work here if there is no other option.

Had to work at minimum wage for my age, so was working the same shifts as some people but was being paid less for it. I did not receive enough shifts to support myself and received no tips while working there, even though I was informed I would receive my tips at the end of the week once they had been taken in and divided by all the staff there.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Too many too list

A good place to work.

Management are flexible around college and try and give you as much work as possible if wanted. Fast pasted environment, which means shifts fly over. Staff all up for a laugh and make you feel as part of a team. only work at Al Forno if you’re willing to work hard and keep up. all in all a good place to work.

Pros

tips and hours

Cons

sometimes long breaks

An Italian ran by Turkish what more can I say!

worst place to work and non of the chefs have any qualifications what’s so ever.... if you can cook a chicken breast and heat up a sauce then you got the job!!

Pros

Home time

Cons

Starting there in the first place

only work here if desperate

Most unprofessional company I have ever come across. Staff turnover is massive due to the way they operate their business. No training ever given on basic things leaving the workplace dangerous. People paid in cash and figures fudged to compensate. No controls across the business. The reputation of a director proceeds him. Working here will not hold you in good light with future employers because of this.

Pros

No recruitment process so quick and easy to get a job if your face fits

Cons

Too many to list. Stay away.

It helped me a lot in my life The chef was and his a very good person and thought me a lot, all I know about kitchen he showed me how to do it. I’m very pleased to work with him

Pros

Very crowded

Cons

Much pressure

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AL FORNO RESTAURANT?

Awful management.

The hours at Al Forno are pretty tough, for awful pay. It's minimum wage; for everyone, including supervisors who have worked there for years and been promoted. (There is no real advancement here, you just do more for the same pay and benefits.) The management have no respect for their staff, especially those only working part-time hours, and speak to you as if you are stupid. You are expected to work long hours. some times without a break, as they often do not have enough staff to work one shift.

Pros

Money off food when working.

Cons

Pretty much everything.

Awful

They fire without reason or warning and refuse to give reason when confronted, management don't know how to do their job and don't care about their team either. Do not work here. The foods wank aswell

Pros

Floor staff are fit

Cons

99% of the job

Fast passed work environment

I worked here for only a short time but here I learnt very valuable skills in catering. This was the fastest passed work environment I have worked in. This has benefitted me because I can get jobs done quickly and efficiently seeing to the customers needs.

Pros

Discounted lunches

Cons

Minimum wage

Busy on Friday and Saturday nights long hours bad pay

Not very good long shift and small pay very fast passed on weekend nights. Not very busy in week days this can be easily acceptable by any level of working speed. It is a controlled environment where perfection is key

Pros

free diner

Cons

Long shifts and bad pay

Busy Restaurant

Greeting and welcoming the guest.Answering incoming and outgoing calls ,providing information to all the guest. Monitoring the waiting list and giving accurate time frame. Preparing the restaurant cash sales, banking and cash float of the staff. Checking the availability/non availability of the store.

Pros

free 1meal

Cons

8hrs working day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AL FORNO RESTAURANT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AL FORNO RESTAURANT