ALDI
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ALDI Management reviews

Clear
2.8Work–Life Balance

Found 3,515 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,317 reviews

Its pretty busy no time to really slack off. time goes by fast

8-hour shift none stop working. I learned how to use power lifts and jacks. The management was motivational at times but you could tell the shift in mood towards you if you didn't come in for days off or when you wouldn't stay longer for a shift. Other than that it was good management. The hardest part of the job was learning how to throw the trucks in the morning within 3 hours.

Fast paced work environment

Like any order selector job, very fast paced. Management is super respectful and there when you need them. Overall i’ve had a positive experience working here. Just wish the pay was a bit better.

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule and decent PTO time

Cons

Rotating schedule, every 3rd weekend off

Don’t apply for this role - soul crushing

The salary and free car is very attractive but it was not worth working for Aldi. Bullying is commonplace, working 18 hours a day the expectation, taking sick days is a taboo and an extremely competitive culture. No support for learning and development. Senior management have the titles of managers, but are not leaders. This job was soul crushing and compromised my mental health.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Too many to list

A job that can be rewarding for your personal life

Once you develop your managers, your work/life balance can be the best there is! There aren't any people of color in higher executive level positions unfortunately.

Pros

Company car, paid gas, ample vacation time

Cons

Little to no advancement, very little diversity

It's a great place!!! If you are into slavery,that is

So, after my first week as a shop assistant I got my answer on why they keep on hiring people all the time, I am sure this applies for the other big German brand in this retail segment, and it's because many come attracted to the good-sounding starting wage and (my guess is ) they leave for the mad amount of work you have to put in as a main reason and other small issues besides....a rota that doesn't allow for any plans, maybe personal issues with managers/colleagues.Management and colleagues are great in my case but sadly they are also just pawns who have to play this neverending game of stocking, tills, etc all against the time pressure. Be ready to be worked like a prisoner on death row , MIND YOUR BACK and if you have back problems I would highly recommend to stay away from this , to have to work in a week maybe two days in the morning and two till late so yeah...if you NEED a job, you'll get it...but be prepared to be amazed in a not very pleasant I'd say I would categorize it as a (relatively good paid)German Sweatshop

Pros

In my case, very nice management and colleagues.

Cons

Crazy amount of work and huge nonstop time pressure

Paid vacation

Very physical, not enough pay for the amount of work expected. Too many tasks delegated to just one person. No consequences for tardy employees or no call no shows

Pros

Paid vacation

Cons

Not enough employees per shift

Brilliant company

Loved my time working at Aldi. Great people. great management. Only left as needed a job a little closer to home as the buses were terrible. Overall a great company

Good place to work except for the shifts.

I found working at Aldi a lot better than some of the places I've worked in the past. It's organised and established work structure works (most of the time). It's hard work as the Aldi business structure in keeping prices down is to have a skeleton crew on who is experienced in all departments. I.E: if you just want a check-out role then don't go to Aldi. If you ain't rushing you're not doing your job properly hence the good wages for the role worked. Good training provided and the attitude of the door is always open if you have an issue or need to talk if something is concerning you. The only reason why I'm leaving is due to the shift patterns. One day you could be in at 05:00 - 15:00 and the following shift you could be in at 14:00 - close which doesn't mean as soon as the doors are closed you can go, there is work to do after as there is no nightshift. Everything is geared to keeping cost down so if sales are down they will send staff home regardless of work load. I'm okay with that but I just couldn't continue with not being able to plan anything in my private life due to I didn't know if I was working or not. Other than that it's a descent job with a good crew.

Pros

Good wages. Good training. Staff consideration from management. Good crew.

Cons

Shifts all over the place, unable to plan ahead. Bad attitudes from customers.

hard work, always moving

Not enough staff, turnout rate is poor, store policies are unclear as they need better computer systems that don't flash every 2 seconds. Expects you to sacrafice your very little free time and come in when staff call out. Pay is decent but could be better for the amount of work.

Pros

Free water

Cons

Short breaks and bad turnout rate

stressful

Management was constantly being changed. Not enough pay for what was being asked for daily goals. Overworked underpaid. Sometimes you had to work during you short 30 minute break especially if there was under staffing issue. Holidays can rough and customers can be mean. It's a Stressful job but it is a job.

Pros

overtime if you need

Cons

Stress, Lack of structure

Die schlimmsten 2 Jahre meines Lebens

Ich kann niemandem empfehlen bei Aldi anzufangen. Körperlicher und psychischer Stress sind an der Tagesordnung. Auf Mitarbeiterwünsche wird nicht eingegangen. 10 Stunden Schichten als Azubi sind ganz normal dort, manchmal auch keinen freien Tag. Nach 1,5-2 Stunden wird man in die Pause geschickt, da kann man nicht von Erholung sprechen. Wenn man krank ist wird einem unterstellt, dass man nicht krank sei ohne sich etwas vom Amtsarzt einzuholen und es wird per WhatsApp nachgehakt was man denn hat und ob man das nicht mal sagen will. Die Spitze vom Eisberh allerdings war, dass ich zum Schluss die Prämie nicht bekommen habe (Habe mit einer 1,0 die Ausbildung abgeschlossen) mit der Begründung: Das zahlen wir nicht wenn es so unglücklich endete. (Ich war vor der Prüfung 2x krank, einmal wegen der Corona-Impfung und einmal weil ich einen Unfall hatte und mich an meinen Arm verletzt habe womit ich jetzt noch Probleme habe und regelmäßig zum Arzt muss (Passiert ist das Ganze im Juni) .... Aber ich hatte ja gar nichts und hab ja nur krank gemacht weil ich ja eh nach der Ausbildung gehen will. Nie war etwas gut genug. Nur Druck und Stress. Immer sind die Mitarbeiter schuld, obwohl es am Unternehmen liegt. Es wird zu viel verlangt was in der Sorgfalt und Schnelle nicht machbar ist. Kunden muss man extremst abwimmeln, da jede Minute zählt.

Pros

Obst, Gemüse, Wasser kostenlos

Cons

Alles

Not satisfactory

They will work you tirelessly until they decide to hire new. I was never fired. Worked there for 3 years. They will promise this and that but not a career.

Pros

The customers

Fast Paced / Good People

I really enjoyed my time at ALdi. Fast Paced and constantly challenged. Great people made it a awesome place to work. Unfortunately they changed the management structure and I came up in the short end... Boo for the Corporate decision.

Pros

Challenging

Cons

Changes are not always the best for Employees

Ambiente di lavoro meraviglioso

Ottimo team, ottima gestione del personale, ottima gestione degli orari per poter avere una vita privata nonostante il lavoro, ottima gestione della merce, per evitare spreco di tempo tra l'entrata, l'esposizione e lo stoccaggio. Innovativo e fantastico

Pros

tutto

Cons

nulla

Management is terrible and they only care about themselves and their money

I had a horrible experience at aldi, they do not care about them employees and the management is horrible!! They don’t care about the well-being of the employees at all!

Aldi

Company will milk you management is the worst. Shift Managers are rude and don’t know how to treat employees and costumers with respect. They expect you to do everything at a very fast pace even if it means throwing the customers groceries like trash and treating consumers like if they are dumb for not knowing to put their card in the machine right away so the pace score doesn’t go down. Shift manager insult and cus at you and say they are joking. I seen many quit for this reason. Aldi product is good but working there is not. Don’t work here.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Stress full and tense environment

Tough but good pay

Pretty physical job even in management positions. Pay is pretty good compared to other similar positions. A lot of responsibility and sometimes tough to have good work-life balance.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work-life balance, stressful, physical

Great company

Overall I enjoyed my time working for the company. They do a great job preparing you to be successful with answering calls in the corporate office. Pay was a decent amount, and benefits were good too. My only complaint would be the micromanagement at times.

Pros

Pay, work culture

Cons

Micromanagement

Means to and end for a little bit.

Honestly when I first started this job it was great however that was almost the golden age as the employees were stable and the turnover rate was low. Now a year in, i've opened two new stores and have been transferred to an old one in the bad part of town. This company wants you to do so much with so little people and the hour cuts have become quite astronomical. Management doesn't care as long as long as truck is thrown and the numbers in the computer look good. Lots of the employees don't care which results in the job being 10x harder and even worse when its the management. This is means to an end for some time but I do not recommend staying past a year.

Pros

pay is decent and request time offs are typically always met.

Cons

Short breaks, Hour cuts, exhausting labor, out of touch management.

Stressful environment. High turnover. Poor mental well-being.

There's too much negativity to even say. Where should I even begin?Inconsistent and unfair treatment.It's not a flexible job. You'll have to fill in around existing staffs' set shifts. Bullying and discriminatory behaviour isn't taken seriously. Even when customers complain, those members of staff keep their jobs and are even accommodated for, rather than those affected by it.Little care for the health and wellbeing of staff.My partner's office job gets better, yearly, manual handling training...Broken equipment and PPE takes far too long to be fixed or replaced.Poor communication and poor channels for communication with direct and personnel leaders.Performance and personal development meetings are bottom of the priority list. They rarely get done and are often rushed when they do.The list goes on and on...

Pros

Half hour paid break. No time to be bored.

Cons

Minimal breaks for tiring strenuous work, High expectations (meeting pallet times), Unfair treatment, The aches and pains all over your body you feel even on days off, lack of development opportunities, poor staff morale, poor mental health support, unhealthy work environment

One of the worse places to work for.

If you don’t have a dignity and only care about money than go and work there. Bad management, no communication between departments, outlived equipment to work with, favouritism, basic rates of pay for over time and so on! Oh, and to top it all, they’ve got even worse rates of pay for new drivers. That means if you come as a new driver, you’ll get payed about 3-400 pounds less then the old drivers for doing the same job! No work life balance, you can never get your holidays when it suits you, it’s always the company needs first.

Pros

There are no pros in this company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2K