ALENCO
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ALENCO Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Security

Small family-owned business been in business for over 35 years located in Lenexa Kansas and also have a location in St Louis Missouri. Farepay long-time employeesemployees

Pros

Sense of accomplishment

Cons

Raises aren't guaranteed

Productive environment. Love the ping pong.

Really is a great place to work. Everyone is nice and helpful. If you work hard and perform they will take care of you for sure. I love the feedback we get from management to help us grow.

Great

I love working here it’s an awesome environment and the people are great it’s not big and you have your own space and desk. You get an hour break which is helpful

Pros

Environment

Beware

I have worked in a lot of call centers and thus by far was the worse. They had roaches galore! Roaches were infested in “our” kitchen and they were even in the call center area... On coworkers desks and computers! The supervisor didn’t care and wanted us to overlook it. Gross! The roaches took over our water machine and we would have dead baby roaches in our cups from tht machine!!! If your not on the main supervisors butt u will be fired. They don’t offer real training just shadowing and once your on the phone if your not setting 4 appointments a day you’ll be fired. They also want you to make at least 300 dials per day. This job was beyond stressful for no reason. 2 other new people were fired smh. The supervisor is fake and thinks her stuff don’t stink but they definitely do you a favor by letting you go.

Pros

Hour lunches, some cool coworkers

Cons

Everything else

A good company to work for.

Alenco is a glass company I worked on the assembly line punching metal and also loading glass doors and frames.A good learning experience in the warehouse field.

Still needs a little work on process

Scheduling is a little awkward and is sometimes not entirely accurate. You can work independently but only under the guidelines of the way they have always done things. Not really working to improve the standards just maintain the status quo.

Pros

Independent work environment

Cons

"We've always done it that way........."

Difficulty with canvassing in the snow

I learned a lot about sales work. What else can I say to fill up this block. No benefits and too few hours. Hazardous working conditions in that people would chase you away from their doorstep. With these rough economic times, a lot of people do not have the money to purchase items, particularly door-to-door. I wanted to spend my time looking for a decent job.

Pros

A job

Cons

No beneftis, too few hours, hazardous conditions

Excellent workplace for the physically fit.

You show up on time and get dropped off in neighborhoods in pairs. You walk door to door asking home owners if they would like free consultations. We would be in the field for 5 hours getting one break about halfway through the shift.I learned to not be shy when talking to various people about home improvements.The management will go out in the field with the canvassers, making management more personal. The coworkers are also great bunch of people all working towards the same goal. We were all equal. Everyone had to make the same quota each night. Failure is not gaining the home owner's information. The most enjoyable part would be the freedom of movement, being able to talk to people one after another.

Pros

you got paid extra for hot sets, consultations, and a percent of the sale.

Cons

one bathroom break, worked in all climate conditions, you have to maintain a certian quota each night.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALENCO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ALENCO