Alliance Group Employee Reviews

awesome people....as for the dodgy management.....
worker (Current Employee) –  Levin, Manawatu-Wanganui22 August 2019
like an earlier review, workers feel like they are walking on eggshells when dealing with management.
not sure where all the calls are coming from when decisions are made about where people are working and what their tasks are?
told it is ok to lodge a complaint above management, but when you do, you end up being targeted...
really wish that the company would live up to its own "VALUES".
workers and supervisors are awesome to work with though. can have a good laugh do the hard Mahi and earn some decent coin.
the company tends to shy away from its statutory obligations...hard to get a clear explanation when finding out how many sick days you have and how it works.
the most enjoyable part is working along side good people who are like your 2nd family.
money is good, but management needs to have a good long hard look at themselves.
Pros
good supervisors and good people. decent money
Cons
management.
Poor upper management who don;t follow their own Employment Policy.
Process worker (Former Employee) –  Pukeuri Junction4 August 2019
I enjoyed working there until management started ignoring my statutory and contractual entitlements. I have been forced to fight for my entitlements through the justice system for over 2 years now and would have gone straight to the Employment Court if I did it over because Judges are actually required to enforce the law. I'd recommend staying up to date with the Employment Relations Act amendments and checking your employment contracts when working for this company.
Pros
Workmates and a lot of supervisors were great
Cons
Upper management and their legal counsel ignored my statutory and contractual entitlements
Reliable company to work for very predictable timetable, steady employment, great management.
Meat processor (Former Employee) –  New Zealand6 June 2019
No complaints about working for this company I was employed there for ten years never had any issues with steady reliable employment. Management staff were excellent at listening to the ideas and opinions of employees to better assist in the smooth operations of the plant. Often upgrading machinery for greater efficiency and to accommodate the physical well-being of its members. The standard of product was always paramount as Alliance is an export company providing high standard New Zealand lamb cuts to big overseas economies.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No canteen on plant
Good money, good workmates, but thats it
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Pukeuri Junction14 October 2018
Money good, work hard, managment look down on you, and are quick to judge, health and saftey has gone so overboard, everyone walks on egg shells and could get talked down too badly. They break there own health and saftey rules and when a worker lets them know, they dont address it.Not the CEO its the management team at the works themselves and l pray there not like this everywhere and you have to threaten strike action to get the smallest pay rise. Gave it a 3 stars for the workers and money and thats it, wish l could say more good, but ive seen alot of good people leave.
Pros
Good money, workers
Cons
Poor management, too quick to threaten peoples jobs for minor things, dont treat workers very well, no relationship with workers
Hard but rewarding work
Hourly (Former Employee) –  Smithfield Timaru20 September 2018
Pros, Great workers, satisfing work if you like to work hard.
Good money.
Cons, bullying culture from supervisors
Management is a mess.
Short seasons
positif
Ouvrier (Former Employee) –  nouvelle-zélande15 March 2018
organisation parfaite, travail manutentionnaire avec des charges très lourd.
Great work environment
Meat Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Levin, Manawatu-Wanganui19 February 2018
Although the higher ups there aren't the best, the supervisors and the workers are some of the best people you'll meet. The money is really good too; I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
The people
Cons
The management
Builds life experiences
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Lorneville30 January 2018
Fast paced, easy to learn tasks if your willing to learn. Culture requires a bit more work. Overall a good place to work if your looking to earn good money and don't mind doing menial tasks.
Pros
Easy if your willing to learn
Cons
Cold room
Productive work place
Freezer hand (Current Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland4 September 2017
Worked at Lornvillie Alliance processing plant for 13 years, used to be a lot of fun but over the last couple years the place seems like it is on a Downward spiral. Money is good hense why I continue to go back year after year.
Great job but off season is a killer
Knife hand - seasonal (Former Employee) –  Mataura, Southland21 March 2017
I enjoyed my time at alliance. They pay was amazing! The jobs were very different to what im used to. However i feel as if the the health of there workers is poorly managed they dont seem to care alot for there workers.
Pros
Good hours. Nice people. Good pay.
Cons
Off season. Bad health managment.
Halal Slaughterman (Current Employee) –  Oamaru, Otago10 January 2017
Really good place to work. Happening and friendly co-workers and supervisor. Easy job. Working monday to friday. Not much overtime. shortday sometime
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Low in salary
Productive and friendly environment
Labourer/ knife hand (Current Employee) –  Invercargill, S20 August 2015
I learnt time management and wearing personal protective equipment on daily basis. Attention to hygiene and safe working practices.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team to process meat and learning each part of process. Leaders are supportive and you have oppurtunities to attend courses to upskill. Trained new staff on packing,wrapping, boxing, pre-trim and chillers.
Pros
Good atmosphere, make friends for life.
Cons
For some people it could be long hours and interrupt family life, but hours didn't affect me. I enjoy whatever work I get.
fun place to work good people
Meat Processing Labourer (Former Employee) –  invercargill20 July 2015
enjoyed my time here meet some good people, was hard on the body heavy fast work doing same thing all day, found most of the management pretty good the best part of the job was pay day
Pros
good work mates
Cons
heavy hard work
Hard Work
Export Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, S5 January 2015
A typical day at work was slaughtering lambs and sheep. I learned knife skills and hygiene regulations within the workplace. I worked along side some of the management learning new skills and practices. My co workers were a great bunch of guys. The hardest part of my job was handling sheep weighing 100 kilos or more the most enjoyable part was the camaraderie.
Pros
Mates
Cons
Heavy Sheep
just a job
leading hand cattle yards office (Current Employee) –  Mataura, Sothland23 July 2013
start at 5am making sure everything is right for the days kill , workers in yards, organising kill sheet, etc. then do the paperwork for the cattle that come in during the day.i find that be nice to your co workers will get you a lot further than not .the hardest part sometimes was trying to track down clients that had paperwork wrong and sometimes dealing with cattle beasts that had a serious injury.the most enjoyable part was proberly going home knowing everything was right for the day.
Pros
work