Alliance Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Alliance Group Employee Review

Productive and friendly environment

20 August 2015
I learnt time management and wearing personal protective equipment on daily basis. Attention to hygiene and safe working practices. The most enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team to process meat and learning each part of process. Leaders are supportive and you have oppurtunities to attend courses to upskill. Trained new staff on packing,wrapping, boxing, pre-trim and chillers.
Pros
Good atmosphere, make friends for life.
Cons
For some people it could be long hours and interrupt family life, but hours didn't affect me. I enjoy whatever work I get.
21 March 2017
Same role
Knife hand - seasonal (Former Employee) - Mataura, Southland
I enjoyed my time at alliance. They pay was amazing! The jobs were very different to what im used to. However i feel as if the the health of there workers is poorly managed they dont seem to care alot for there workers.
Pros
Good hours. Nice people. Good pay.
Cons
Off season. Bad health managment.
4 September 2017
Same location
Freezer hand (Current Employee) - Invercargill, Southland
Worked at Lornvillie Alliance processing plant for 13 years, used to be a lot of fun but over the last couple years the place seems like it is on a Downward spiral. Money is good hense why I continue to go back year after year.
20 July 2015
Same location
Meat Processing Labourer (Former Employee) - invercargill
enjoyed my time here meet some good people, was hard on the body heavy fast work doing same thing all day, found most of the management pretty good the best part of the job was pay day
Pros
good work mates
Cons
heavy hard work