Alliance Group Employee Reviews in Invercargill, Southland

Productive work place
Freezer hand (Current Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland4 September 2017
Worked at Lornvillie Alliance processing plant for 13 years, used to be a lot of fun but over the last couple years the place seems like it is on a Downward spiral. Money is good hense why I continue to go back year after year.
Productive and friendly environment
Labourer/ knife hand (Current Employee) –  Invercargill, S20 August 2015
I learnt time management and wearing personal protective equipment on daily basis. Attention to hygiene and safe working practices.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team to process meat and learning each part of process. Leaders are supportive and you have oppurtunities to attend courses to upskill. Trained new staff on packing,wrapping, boxing, pre-trim and chillers.
Pros
Good atmosphere, make friends for life.
Cons
For some people it could be long hours and interrupt family life, but hours didn't affect me. I enjoy whatever work I get.
Hard Work
Export Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, S5 January 2015
A typical day at work was slaughtering lambs and sheep. I learned knife skills and hygiene regulations within the workplace. I worked along side some of the management learning new skills and practices. My co workers were a great bunch of guys. The hardest part of my job was handling sheep weighing 100 kilos or more the most enjoyable part was the camaraderie.
Pros
Mates
Cons
Heavy Sheep