Alliance Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Alliance Group Employee Review

fun place to work good people

20 July 2015
enjoyed my time here meet some good people, was hard on the body heavy fast work doing same thing all day, found most of the management pretty good the best part of the job was pay day
Pros
good work mates
Cons
heavy hard work
14 October 2018
Same role
Labourer (Current Employee) - Pukeuri Junction
Money good, work hard, managment look down on you, and are quick to judge, health and saftey has gone so overboard, everyone walks on egg shells and could get talked down too badly. They break there own health and saftey rules and when a worker lets them know, they dont address it.Not the CEO its the management team at the works themselves and l pray there not like this everywhere and you have to threaten strike action to get the smallest pay rise. Gave it a 3 stars for the workers and money and thats it, wish l could say more good, but ive seen alot of good people leave.
Pros
Good money, workers
Cons
Poor management, too quick to threaten peoples jobs for minor things, dont treat workers very well, no relationship with workers
4 September 2017
Same location
Freezer hand (Current Employee) - Invercargill, Southland
Worked at Lornvillie Alliance processing plant for 13 years, used to be a lot of fun but over the last couple years the place seems like it is on a Downward spiral. Money is good hense why I continue to go back year after year.
20 August 2015
Same location
Labourer/ knife hand (Current Employee) - Invercargill, S
I learnt time management and wearing personal protective equipment on daily basis. Attention to hygiene and safe working practices.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team to process meat and learning each part of process. Leaders are supportive and you have oppurtunities to attend courses to upskill. Trained new staff on packing,wrapping, boxing, pre-trim and chillers.
Pros
Good atmosphere, make friends for life.
Cons
For some people it could be long hours and interrupt family life, but hours didn't affect me. I enjoy whatever work I get.