Alliance Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Alliance Group Employee Review

Hard Work

5 January 2015
A typical day at work was slaughtering lambs and sheep. I learned knife skills and hygiene regulations within the workplace. I worked along side some of the management learning new skills and practices. My co workers were a great bunch of guys. The hardest part of my job was handling sheep weighing 100 kilos or more the most enjoyable part was the camaraderie.
Pros
Mates
Cons
Heavy Sheep
6 June 2019
Same role
Meat processor (Former Employee) - New Zealand
No complaints about working for this company I was employed there for ten years never had any issues with steady reliable employment. Management staff were excellent at listening to the ideas and opinions of employees to better assist in the smooth operations of the plant. Often upgrading machinery for greater efficiency and to accommodate the physical well-being of its members. The standard of product was always paramount as Alliance is an export company providing high standard New Zealand lamb cuts to big overseas economies.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No canteen on plant
4 September 2017
Same location
Freezer hand (Current Employee) - Invercargill, Southland
Worked at Lornvillie Alliance processing plant for 13 years, used to be a lot of fun but over the last couple years the place seems like it is on a Downward spiral. Money is good hense why I continue to go back year after year.
20 August 2015
Same location
Labourer/ knife hand (Current Employee) - Invercargill, S
I learnt time management and wearing personal protective equipment on daily basis. Attention to hygiene and safe working practices.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team to process meat and learning each part of process. Leaders are supportive and you have oppurtunities to attend courses to upskill. Trained new staff on packing,wrapping, boxing, pre-trim and chillers.
Pros
Good atmosphere, make friends for life.
Cons
For some people it could be long hours and interrupt family life, but hours didn't affect me. I enjoy whatever work I get.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Group. Our community is ready to answer.