Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews

New Zealand11 reviews
Weekend
Same thing everyday
Handling customers and staff on the job

management was ok

workplace culture was ok

hardest part was catching people stealing

Going home after a long shift
Unethical, bullying and unsupported
asked to do unethical tasks, told if I didn’t do it-to walk, so I walked.
No training, lack of direction, constantly moving the goalposts. Hire individuals and place them without COa’s, pay guards $18.50 ph and expected to work with sometimes little notice. If management don’t like the worker they don’t allocate them work (mostly on casual contracts) owner & managers are bullies
good
its an over all good experience. Being an security officer talking to various people and convincing them as per manager on duty, studying both mind and coordinating is way out all together.
Worse Job Ever
Management sucks, had a bad year working with Allied Security & every time I made a complaint to management they sweep everything under the rug because their contract was more important than their workers. The supervisors in charge of the site I was put at was absolutely disgusting, he was a pig headed son of a gun. I left because their was no support! They promise you so much but it never happens. Your rights to take sick leave and what not becomes a big deal they threaten to have you replaced or threaten to have your leave declined. Again their contracts at the site is more important than your well being. I’ll never go back to this company again.
Cons
Over work you, they don’t pay you on time, the system is crooked
Good work place
Allied has been the best security company I have worked for. I initially started on casual hours but soon began getting offered alot more which was great.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Night shift took a while to get used to but there was always day work and event work that came up.
Overall very disappointing - no support from management - unethical practices
If you need a job Allied Universal is a place you can come and do as you want the way you want and when you want. No support from management when it comes to enforcing policies and depends on who you are and who you know.
Pros
if you need a job they will hire anyone.
Cons
all aspects of company
Keeps you on you toes
I was mostly what you call a static guard at Waikato Hospital. Basically i would sit out side a patients room for 12 hours and make sure all staff that entered the patients room were safe and also ensure that the patient doesn't go walk abouts. Night shifts were very painful. Patrols on the other hand were pretty awesome got to wonder the hospital at your leisure insuring that patients and staff were safe.
Pros
Meet some cool people
Cons
Night shifts being a static guard
awsome
allied security start time of 0600 every day Sunday off learned a lot from my co-workers also my management nothing hard abut the job well I guess working everyday just because you had to my enjoyable part having a day off.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Excellent and comfortable work enviroment
Get place to interact and to meet great people.

excellent management services
good place to work
handling drunk people

more communication

great team work

always professional
Pros
free dinner
Cons
bones
Dysfunctional organization that believes their own hype.
By far the most disorganized and unprofessional organization I have ever worked for. Little to no support or training, basically it is trial by fire which I do not have a problem with if you are trained sufficiently for your assignment.
Cons
to many to list.