Allstate Insurance

Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Showing all 9,229 reviews

Great Work Life balance

Great management and work to growth. Great company to build your skills. The employees are friendly and always open to assist when you need assistance.

Agents are great but Allstate as a whole, not so much

Allstate is constantly making changes which seem to be trying to push agents out. Constantly changing goals and making them harder to attain. The agent I worked for was great but it could only go so far. Pay wasn’t the best.

great place to start learning skills

great place to start learning skills, Job heavily needs to be involving the head agent, overall good experience. Some calls are harsh but a majority of the time the clientele is very understanding.

Great team and very collaborative

Great company to work for but need to leverage their data better. Everyone is very nice and willing to help if needed. Great benefits but they don’t offer annual bonus.

Run for your life!

Where do I begin? Well, one, there’s no support whatsoever. 2, the claim count is ridiculously high with little resources. Run from this employer unless you like stress

High Pressure Sales Job

I have enjoyed a lot of aspects of working for Allstate. I like the coaches. The team. The ability to work from home. Answer 6 live calls a day. Lake in as may internet leads as you can. Sell sell sell. You need a minimum of 15-17 policies per month. If you get 21 that is where you make the real money.

All about the numbers.

Not a bad place but too many guideline restrictions when trying to qualify someone and it's all about production and not taking time to help someone.

Great Benefits, work/life balance can be challenging with 10/4 schedule

Great Benefits, Work/life balance can be challenging with 10/4 schedule. Management pushes you to succeed.Lot of Lateral movement once in Managerial role.

You do cold calls for 8 hours a day.

When hired in they say how they have “warm” leads and it’s just people that are stupid enough to fill something out online from a 3rd party website, not even Allstates website. So this 3rd party company sells that information to all insurance companies so these people get like 30-50 calls a day from insurance salesman. Most of the time people don’t answer, if they do answer they most likely have a quote that’s cheaper from somewhere else. Allstate says “talk about coverage” and “how our services are better.” But people don’t care about that, all they care about is the price. Why in the world would someone pay $50-$100 more a month for the same coverage? Stupid. But of course it’s your fault and called a bad salesman. So then after you get through your “warm” leads (lol) you then have to cold call people for the rest of the day. You usually do like 200-300 calls a day to people all over the state. Nobody answers because people are at work, if they do answer you just get cussed out. Yes there is ways you can make very good money but you probably won’t ever see it. Unless you do like $40,000 in sales your first month, they won’t keep you around long enough to achieve that. Seen it to many times people come in and work for 4 months and they get fired because the agent says “they just aren’t a good fit.” All they care about is that you bring in $40K a month or they’ll fire you. So good luck trying to make that doing cold calls.

Fun place

Great money for my first sales job. Glad to do it . If you work for the right agent you will have great leads and always be able to bring a new clients.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Allstate Insurance?

Relationships and trust within the company

The relationships and friendships left me with a lasting great impression. Some managers were better than others (favoritism). Job security is not good at all. I want to thank them for preparing me on how to get another job, but not with Allstate.

Productive but

Kind of okay, customers were easy to deal with, management was beyond pushy wouldn’t communicate properly, hardly explained my pay, didn’t train properly

Over worked and kind of underpayed

Culture of Allstate was usually positive. I felt like the new team lead we acquired was more worried about her job then ours and would throw her team under the bus any time she could. I was so stressed that I was going to lose my job every other day. The work load was over whelming and stressful and my help payed the price.

Agents can be good or bad

I don’t work for the home office but have worked for a few of their agents ; overall you don’t work for the company, you work for the agent which most don’t offer many benefits.You really need to get to know people who have previously worked for the particular agent you are going to work for , because it can be hit or miss.Some are very selfish; greedy and could care less about you as a person - all they want is you to sell. They don’t care about their customers , they just look at the bottom line. Some agents are amazing and want to be advisors to their customers , not just a sales person.

Pros

Can have flexible schedule

Cons

Have to beg for raises, unfair work practices, no benefits

Picking the agent you work for is everything

I’ve both worked for Allstate and have been scouted by Allstate agents. Most Allstate agents will pay you at most 35k for a base. It’s ridiculously low compared to how much the agents gets paid. They will try to lowball you and coax you with the idea of “un-capped” commission, but it’s not worth it. I’ve worked for other companies who pay more in commissions and pay out more in base pay.

Work from home,atm. Plently of PTO for me!

Been with the company 9 months and have already advanced to another dept! The leader I had in this dept is amazing! Makes sure we understand policies, speaks to us as employees and not lower than them. Helped me quickly advance to another dept I liked! Company has great benefits in my opinion. PTO is about 4 weeks and given up front-you don’t accumulate it as you work. Hours is pretty standard, you get 2 “flex days” a month which help me with dr appts. Holidays paid and we’re off.

Pros

Pto, Hoildays off, M-f, Wfh

Cons

On the phones constantly, extra work sometimes

High inventory, no work life balance

Overloaded with work. No balance . Constant micromanaging . Pay is not worth the headache. Feels like a call center job at times. They require you to work other employees claims if you answer a call

Sales

Show up and make cold calls all day and try and make commission. You do get a 30k base pay though . Depends on the agent you work for. Some are good and laid back and some micro manage. Overall pretty easy office job but u won’t get rich .

Good job with potential

Worked there for a while after I retired from my career but was bored being retired.It was a good job.There is a lot of stress dealing with customers who are not always nice and sometimes downright dishonest or nasty. You are also monitored and timed down to the second. But that’s okay that is all just part of the job. Supervisors and Managers go above and beyond to support you if you do your best and keep learning.There is a lot to learn. If you are young the potential for career advancement is great.

It's OK

Workload can be stressful. Working from home is awesome. Becoming more micro managed. The company is trying to automate as much as possible but we deal with people not just numbers and metrics.

Workplace

Decent place to work at was some good and bad days. A nice amount of time off but you get switched to different departments if they may need help. A high call volume

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Allstate Insurance