ALS

ALS Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Work alone, but long hours

A solid and stable company to work for, with plenty of advancement opportunities. Long hours dictated by samples needing to be tested by state mandates. Work alone for the most part, so your truck is your office. Overall I enjoyed the experience just not a good work life balance

Absolutely awful company

Treated like dogs don’t get any help no empathy or support from management if you have to leave for an emergency. Shifts are dropped if you have a holiday planned and haven’t been in for a day. The management don’t care if you need the shift and have money problems. No help on the road as they don’t care

Pros

Good money

Cons

Was brilliant as Alcontrol but ALS ruined it.

This company has no respect for people. You’re expected to do more and more for less. There’s no appreciation from management and no support for anything. Management have only got where they are because no one else wants the job. Expected to act as management for months with no money.

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing that I recall. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The management team. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Abrasive.

Not a good workplace

Management is awful. Toxic work environment in multiple departments. You're expected to work a large amount of overtime with no appreciate for the work the employees give.

Amazing Job, kind coworkers, confusing experience

I loved working at ALS. Unfortunately, my experience there near the end of it left me scared to go back to the workforce. I have bad anxiety and depression, and I'm guessing that might be the reason I was told I was "giving attitude" and being "unprofessional". I'm not mad, I'm just... So confused.

Extremely difficult and frustrating

I had three nights of training and learned absolutely nothing about the job, the person training me told me nothing about the job but how to gain access to buildings, something a chimp could learn. Then thrown in the deep end out on my own knowing absolutely nothing about what I was doing. Then questioned on why I'd done things wrong when I got to Coventry. I made one mistake and was sacked within a week with a family to support, a mortgage to pay and a car to run, not to mention rising bills........ Be aware your manager on call for you on the night shift will be asleep when you need their advice......... Not a very professional company at all.

Ambiente de trabajo desorganizado

No le recomendaría a un amigo, me parece un ambiente desorganizado y muy tóxico.

Not good

Not good terrible culture it’s not good at all . No buen . They take u through the ringer just to make excuses when they fire you I’ve been here 20 years you should run far away from this company and culture

Average construction

Job sites were fine but the management was all over the place. Lots of miscommunication and confusion over plans and ordering. I just did what I had to do and left.

Okay place to work

There is lots of turnover. The lab will staff up for the summer and then layoff the majority of its staff as things slow down in the winter. It's very seasonal work. Didn't really seem like there was a lot of room for advancement as most of the more senior staff had been there quite a while and there weren't that many of them compared to the seasonal workers. It's a good place to get some experience but seems to be a hard place to make a career.

Fun work, low pay

The work that they do is cool but the heat you are subjected to and what the job entails trails behind a livable wage.The department manager is awesome but only so much he can do because of corporate.

good

good place to work, management has begun to consider more wfh opportunities. unstable and constantly changing corporate structure makes it difficult to break down responsibilities.

Manger say one thing then do a complete opposite. Trucks are super hot no air flow must get trucks completed. Employees are a constant turn around. When the freight industry goes done full time drops to being picked here and there for shifts. They simply don't care. Employees constantly fighting.

Fast paced

Is a good job but many issue's with the way management would handle things late nights and busy evenings depending on the whole shift to work hard in order to get out on time

Pros

Can get 4 days on and 4 days off

Cons

Late nights

It was fun working at ALS

Salary was good but the job was not permanent, i worked for three years and never had a permanent employment. Every year i had a pay rise of 12% and at the end of every year i could receive the 13th month pay for X-mas break.

Pros

we had one hour break

A good place to gain experience

ALS is a great place to start and learn. Some turnover, which gave opportunities to move and learn new skills. At my location, they tended to promote from within.

A accredited scientific laboratory focused on air, soil and water analysis

As one of a few visible minorities during my time with the company I experienced many events and interactions that I will never allow to happen to me again. Without being specific, it is a systemic top down cultural problem. The work life balance is non-existent.

Pros

Staff celebration Social lunches regularly and individual employee recognition

Cons

HR policies, Poor in culture and manners, organizational ethics, lack of diversity and inclusion

Alright

If your liked in the company you’ll be well on your way to getting shifts. On the down side, if your not liked by the managers/supervisors, you’ll be watched like a hawk

ok ok

good for fresher. in terms of pay i will not recommneded. there is a very less chance of growing within an organization. doesnt care about your education

Bad Management

Very bad company because they are paying very low rate to their employees. Most Managers in Winnipeg Als branch behave very bad and too much gossips environment. In shipping and receiving their management put allot of work load. With receiving, shipping, & driving, etc, they put allot of work beside it. They are expecting everything from that shipping department which is not fair. They are just paying $16.00 in shipping and receiving department, and you have to work like crazy. They just put 2 persons in shipping most of time, which is not fair as they demand allot of work. I felt too much stress worked in this company! When someone quit in that department then they took atleast more then one month to hire 2nd person. Very slow and poor management.

Pros

They cut 30 minutes break time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ALS