ALS

ALS Employee Reviews for Analyst

Analyst62 reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Often fast paced, great people and friendly management

The people really made the job. The work could be repetitive and sometimes stressful but there was always opportunities to conduct a project/do some quality improvement. The management were very friendly/approachable. Great team lead who was very accommodating, easy to talk to and open to suggestions. Very flexible so great work life balance. Amazing mental health awareness and an excellent mental health first aid team & team lead. Detailed pay reviews and clear progression structure but the pay was far too low given the high pressure at times.

Pros

Excellent mental health support, highly flexible, amazing team & management

Cons

Low pay, stressful at times

Run away!

Poor work environment and horrible management! Poor pay and you will be doing the work of multiple people without any additional pay or help.

You are disposable

The company does not care for it’s employees at all, and the management has the belief that everyone is disposable. You will work an unbelievable amount of overtime for no recognition, and are expected to only care about your job-

24 August 2021
Thank you for your review. It is unfortunate to hear that your experience of working at ALS is not how we endeavor it to be. We are constantly working on improvement and will take your feedback onboard.

Poor management

This place is a complete chaos, they don’t order supplies on time and then expect workers to work hard, that lab is a mess with no sign of any cooling system for summer, (if you like super humid weather then this is the best place for you). They over hire in summer only to layoff 50% of them later on. Career advancement in based on if the manager “likes” you or not. Pay is not that good (which isn’t news anymore) Most of the department managers are egoistic and rude. Avoid if you can, or come join the Chaos

Pros

Can’t think of any

Cons

Too many to list

They don't care about their employees

Poor management, don't care about employee well being. I raised that I was really struggling working the night shift and living alone. My manager didn't seem interested.

Horrible Place to work

The management at ALS is horrible and they treat their employees like absolute garbage. I would recommend never working at this place and to avoid it like the plague. Staff that have been there for years have never received a raise. It is very difficult to become permanent unless you are a supervisors favorite. Senior staff come and go as they please because they won't get laid off. You are expected to do crazy amounts of work and rush through it because they are understaffed and refuse to hire help to save money, even during the busy seasons. They keep lots of staff as casual so they don't have to give you benefits, sick days or vacation days and you are easily expendable.

Pros

Cons

Under paid, long hours, under staffed, horrible supervisors and management

6 March 2021
Thank you for your thorough and detailed review. Working in a seasonal industry does present its challenges. We do our best to staff up for peak season but mirroring staffing levels with increasing sample volumes is a tough balance to achieve. When you factor in the training time for new staff, it is understandable that stress levels get elevated. It is true that we hire seasonal employees on as casual and have recently implemented a more structured process to convert long term casual employees to full-time so they can get benefits. I don't know how long you were with ALS, but we do provide structured wage increases every year (except last year because of the business impact caused by Covid). We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your future career!

Horrible company to work with

I worked there for 2 years as a lab technician, and they still owe me money. It's a disgusting company with no principles where you won't see your efforts valued. Demotivating, bad paid and low quality job with no expectations apart from gain some experience to work in better companies.

Good environment, nice stuff and managers, poor salary.

The staff is nice. I feel it is a nice environment. Whenever resorting to the managers, they are very accesible, the work culture is ok. Foreign staff is welcomed. The hardest part of the job is the salary, it is not according to the responsability and tasks. It is difficult to make the ends meet with it. The location makes you to be dependent on a car, what increases your expenses and the company does not cover your petrol. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself and staff, and managers.

Pros

Staff, managers, environments, job itself.

Cons

poor salary, location

Ok for a temp job

The pay is fairly low even for specialized positions in the lab. It is an OK place to work at if you need a temp job but most people don't stay there for more than a year because the pay is so low.

Pros

Not too stressful

Cons

Poor pay, lack of advancement

24 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Because our work is so seasonal, we do recruit temporary employees at an entry level wage. For employees who remain with ALS, we offer regular wage increases and career development opportunities so they can expand their skill set and grow their careers. We do appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Good first job

Good job for gaining experience, poor progression ladder, salary is very basic and If your doing well its very hard to get a decent performance based pay rise

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ALS?

Poorly Run High Stress Job with Low Pay

The work varies from having absolutely nothing to do for weeks at a time to crunches where you're trying the get three months of work done in a week. The project managers will almost always give clients a "rush" job of a few days when they ask regardless of how much work is in house at the time, and then get mad when you can't meet that shorter deadline. The corporate culture from the higher ups that visit once or twice a year is atrocious, and they have absolutely no care for any of their employees. All that matters is stakeholders.

Pros

Very flexible schedule

Cons

Just everything else...

21 February 2020
Thank you for the feedback. We understand that there are cycles in workload and a work schedule like that does not suit every employee. Our intention at ALS is to create a workplace that is inclusive, where all employees feel valued and appreciated. If this is not the case, we would like to investigate this. We would be more interested in learning about the experiences you have had with the senior management, so please reach out via ALSUSA.HRSupport@ALSGlobal.com.

Poor salary and career growth

Good company but poor salary , slow career growth and lack motivation...Great health and safety procedures., Very flexible with the working hours. Have to work for years to get promoted to the next level.

Productive workplace

A rota system insures the work day is varied, depending on which lab you work. Work can be quite repetitive and pay is not the best, however most employees are great people to work with. Management is pretty good.

Good place to get experience

Every day is pretty the same: filter and plating samples, although you get trained for more methods. The training can take long and you can get stuck doing the same for longer than three months. However, people at the lab are nice and always willing to help. The senior and teamleader are good and trustful. The salaray is poor taking into account that for the job a degree is not necessary, but all people working there ara graduated, which I consider unfair, because they are hiring you because of your knowledge but not getting paid in accordance.

Productive Workplace

Flexible work day, great management, learned leadership, most enjoyable part of ALS, we celebrated most holidays with food and team building activities

2 May 2019
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time with ALS.

boring, strained for money

good place to get experiences, not to get a career. nice people though, poor managers. Never a good enough pay rise in the water department. Great sense of work ethic within a good team.

Safety is not a priority

If you're looking for lab experience keep looking...ALS Burlington is just a dysfunctional black sheep in an otherwise good company. You will be on a contract basis forever, hours will be cut when production slows down, management doesn't care about safety AT ALL. Coworkers are good but mostly miserable and looking for alternative employment.

Pros

Benefit package is good- IF you can get full time

Cons

Management is TERRIBLE

15 April 2019
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback and will look in to the situation further.

Great place to learn.

Great place to learn and very helpful staff, but terrible pay and career advancement very very very slow. Training can be slow at times but when you learn something new, you end up having more responsibility and stress for maybe an extra £10-£15 a month after the yearly PDR, if you're lucky. So there isn't even some motivation to learn more because you'll get paid basically the same and wouldn't move up in your career. Enjoyable part of the job is that you can go home at 3 pm every day and still leave 30 minutes earlier on Friday, due to flexi-day.

Pros

Flexi-days

Cons

Bad pay

Productive enviroment

Lots of learning but understaffed so learning was at a minimum. Training done by multiple ppl using different ways, would cause confusion at times. Management would listen but no action taken ever.

8 January 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you haven’t enjoyed your time working with us. We do acknowledge there was a period of time where we were under-resourced, we are working to rectify this to improve work-life balance for our valuable employees such as you.

Would not recommend...

Overall, if you are a person that wants to enjoy what you do, to be proud to describe what you do to your family and friends and to be able to enjoy anything beyond the basic cost of living....look elsewhere.

Pros

Some co-workers were very good people. Flexible schedule.

Cons

No management. Poor work environment and attiutudes. Pay that doesn't allow for anything but work, sleep and bills/rent.

24 June 2019
While we appreciate the time taken to give a company a review, I'm not sure this one is intended for our company.

It is good to work at ALS.

It was good to work a stable job at ALS. My job was very sensitive, it is very important to be always accurate and give detailed and accurate data. It was good to work at ALS.

20 November 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience during your tenure with ALS.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ALS
  • Analyst
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?