Alsco
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Alsco Employee Reviews

New Zealand15 reviews
Have had to drop what I was doing in order to attend a urgent matter / service for a customer both near or far distance. Quickly learned to work smarter. Management were fair & reasonable most of the time. Good mix of nationalities & good culture environment. Hardest part would be increasing quantity levels with textiles during peak season being public holidays, summer season including short weeks as this meant having to produce, deliver / pick up 2 days worth in 1 day etc. Most enjoyable part of the job for me would be meeting a great range of people, building relationships. Seeing & learning more of regional areas, also being my own boss as a delivery service person. The greatest thing was, given the opportunity.
Great place to work. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. Workdays go by fast as there is always something to do. Would definitely recommend working here.
The worse job I ever had. Wouldnt recommend working there. Manager cares about sales from you and not much else. Best thing about the company is when you leave and go to a different job.
I didint work with this job before,but in my experience as a delivery driver its what im doing now,as a security guard for costomer service,I learned a lot for this kind of job,and I really really interesting with this job.
Only accept the observation day if your happy to work a full 8 hour shift for free

Misleading, disgusting treatment of potential employees,

Free labour, slavery

F**k you alsco!!
Enjoyed every day as i was employed to be on the Ironer, but got moved around to learn and cover areas that need help. Management were ohk with somethings cultural stuff in a good way.
Had fun working here. Meet and made some great friend.No day was the same so it was some times a challenge to get though the day. Learnt some new skills while there.
Pros
making money and making great friend while learning new skills
Cons
was not full time
sign in get a kpi sheet have a 5 min meeting then straight in to check in start hanging bags to be checked in to be sorted in to its right pile to be washed counting an marking them off on computer
Fun working with the staff at Alsco/Fresh and Clean i Learned all about cleaning gear some day was long and tiring but got the job done and got the stock out in time
If i had the chance to work this enviroment again i definitely would , hard workers '
good communication skills

listening skills

team work

motivation

leadership
Cons
good hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Alsco?
I loved working at alsco I got to meet a lot of people, the work was very hard but rewarding too me, You can go far with alsco if you are younger, I got there to late,
Pros
Our boss would put on a BBQ if production was good
Cons
I worked very hard we did a lot of over time so that was good for the pocket
Busy lifting linen and mats most of the morning. Alot of driving around South Canterbury.
I learned alot about Timaru and the sourrounding areas.

Management above us we were just a number.[being honest}.

My co workers were great we had a lot of fun and everyone got along well. I also had agreat rapport with all my customers, who i often stayed around to have a chat.

The hardest part was beginging to be the heavier lifting. I enjoyed being out each day on my own in charge of myself long drives as far as Otematta.
Pros
beautiful weather
Cons
raining windy days
Loved the job but made redundant.I loved the job as it was very physical and very busy in the summer time.Management were great to work with.Hardest part of the job was working 6 days a week in the busy season.
I enjoyed working at Alsco but it was for short term.What i learned from it was,how to run the machines and make sure the sheets are on the right level on the irons
Pros
free water
Cons
overtime
start work at 6.30 work till 3 pm have to half hour breaks its a team based job everybody helps eacother i didnt learn anything new job can be demading if you cant lift heavy stuff