AME Group logo
AME Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AME Group Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Ok but could be much better

Pay & benefitsSick or vacation days have to be accumulated at 3.33 hours per week workedJob security and advancementMost work is contract and if a client changes your job will be disolvedOverallDepending on the job, look elsewhere. This improves your job security to a point. Retirement options can be a real gotcha if you don't put in at least five years. You lose it all.

High turn around.

This company targets people directly out of college and pays them the bare minimum. Hostile work environment with major office politics. This company uses proprietary software with no training tools.

Great people, with good job balance, appropriate benefits, acceptable salary, good advancement, adequate management, and an interesting job culture. Fun activities.

Overall Experience

Very little marketing support. Changing environment from original offering. Change dictated from above without input from associates. Support staff provided customer insights only when prompted.

Enjoyed the work

I enjoyed the type of work but was too much politics and poor training from management. Training from different office was very good but my local manager was rude and unprofessional.

Pros

Chance to learn different types of technology

Cons

Politics and poor management

Poor pay

Poor pay and poor on call pay manager was ok if in a jam he would help out. The past 4 years with AME have been very rewarding. I've enjoyed working for the AME group and the people of Franciscan Alliance allowing me to apply the skills I learned after getting my degree. However I could not afford to continue working there with the current salary and insurance benefits that were in place. The position provided opportunities for growth that I am thankful for.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

pay rate and on call

Similar experience as helping your Mom with the computer

AME Group is a contracting company, so the skills they need from people change based on what contracts they're able to get. As far as I can tell, they are lowest bidders when it comes to getting contracts; often supporting government agencies and hospitals. Everyone I've met within within the company has been pleasant to work with, but those who work at the head office seem to misunderstand completely what their own techs do out in the field. Having recently spoken with someone at the head office, they didn't know who my regional manager was or the fact that my manager couldn't give me more interesting work because none is available. There are some benefits such as non-slip shoes, optional dental/vision coverage, and free lunch every once in a while, but they don't really outweigh the underpay for this field. They will cover the cost of a A+ Cert., but only if you stay with them for at least a year. Beyond that they offer nothing in terms of personal development within the field. In my case they were willing to work around my class schedule, but I feel this was only because they were desperate for a technician at the time. After speaking with my new co-workers, I found that they normally would never do such a thing; with a few that wanted to start out as part time and were denied until they were available for full.

Pros

Hour break, friendly co-workers

Cons

Low pay, not many benefits

Good

AME Group is a good place to work at if you are looking for a fill in job and willing to work hard.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AME Group?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AME Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AME Group