American Express
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from American Express:

American Express Employee Reviews

New Zealand10 reviews
Very productive company and great benefits. Safe places to work, full training, nice people and very well respected as an employe.
The job was easy and very well payed
Energetic and self-motivated person

Ability to work both independent and in a team environment.

 Highly motivated and have a penchant for excellence

 Good Leadership among colleagues

 Excellent time management

 Good interpersonal, presentational and communication skills

 Have a high sense of responsibility
Pros
Maintain Order and Displine
Cons
Diversity within the workplace reduce
Love to work in the environment of sales and helping customers. Talking with different people and greeting them give a kick start of the day. Learned every day new as different customers has different questions and love to bring correct solution for them. Mangement was good and very helpful but you do not get encourage or motivate for your good and hard work done. Workplace is awsome and all the team mates are ready to help each other and love every Friday shared lunch. I have never feel a single day I am working hard every day was enjoyable, fun and making heaps of noice when make a sale.
Pros
Shared Lunch
Cons
na
Great people and great opportunities,there is always a shared lunch going on or some event to get involved in. Management are very easy to talk to if there are any problems
I loved working here, there was a really strong team bond where you felt like everyone was family in a way. I made friends here who will be my friends for life, there was always such an up beat positive vibe around the office. It was awesome that everyone always worked so well and bounced ideas off each other. The senior management team really genuinely cared about the morale of the team which was amazing.
Pros
amazing team
Cons
ridiculously high pressured to due to lack of funding
I enjoyed the fast pace of working in the call center and prided myself on great customer service and going the extra mile for my customers. I would reach my set targets.
At Amex we worked with Australian companies. We answered calls and signed people up for American Express cards by filling out the applications and then sending them off to get processed. There were a few times where we helped people who were having problems and then redirected them to the right people.
Pros
everyone was awesome and worked hard. the hours were great. the team leader was wonderful.
Cons
there were no cons.
Same thing everyday
Great hourly rate

Hardest part is not enough hours,

most enjoyable when I have call reps tat know what they are doing helps the job
Coming to a family based work enviroment was able to progress with my sales technique and excel. Management was supportive and gave me an opportunity to improve. Enjoyed my family based work place and collegues which made me feel like coming to work i believe the hardest was not being able to turn that certain customer around if I felt would really benefit from the product. Although was able to try alot harder and work harder.

My most acheivable moment is being the one of the top 3 sales agents in the team.
Pros
Opportunity to progress
Cons
No regular one on ones
Company has great senior leadership and communicates the overall state of the company and goals very clearly. Contributions that have dollars attached to them are valued the most. Each division has a lot to offer in terms of learning and growth potential especially if you are willing to move. Day to day people managers or directors can be your greatest advocate or worse enemy. Interview with your direct report and get out quick if you have a change of leader you don't get along with, this is the hardest part of the job. The best part is knowing you are working for a world class company.
Pros
great salary, some positions are remote
Cons
must stay flexible to move up