American Express
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from American Express:

American Express Employee Reviews

Showing all 7,931 reviews
Very productive company and great benefits. Safe places to work, full training, nice people and very well respected as an employe.
The job was easy and very well payed
The management was extremely supportive, breaks were there, lot of team engagement and team building activities. The leaders were approachable. Its a very employee centric company. Women safety is topmost concern.Work culture is very amiable , weekend fixed offs, good incentives, motivation to work, fair appraisals. The complete journey of 7 years was enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches at events and festivals.
Cons
Na
One of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. Not every position is the best, but they care enough to help you get through any difficulties. This company is great for people who are focused on becoming the best. That matches the companies goal.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Big brother-ish
It had been a great time in American Express. The management is helpful and supportive. There are few people in general whom you should avoid and you will find few like them here too. The crowd in most of the sense it great, There are flaws but none of them are major and can easily be tackled.
En mi carrera laboral ha Sido el mejor empleo, realmente se preocupan por los empleados, los salarios son muy competitivos y superiores al mercado laboral, las prestaciones son más que excelentes y la oportunidad de crecimiento es real y alcanzable.
Pros
Prestaciones muy superiores a la ley, salarios muy competitivos y cultura organizacional excepcional
Nice team leaders willing to assist. Canada account is
Very nice and willing to assist with everything. Training at your fingertip you can take classes as much as needed to be proficient in your work.
It all depends on the team / department you're working in. Generally very diverse and inclusive environment where you have opportunity to shine and develop. Time is given for career development. Great work/life balance.
I was in the Cruise and Tour department and worked virtually. Job was good, pay, benefits were very good as well. The only issue I had was the customer surveys-they were weighted very unfairly and this cause me to lose thousands of dollars over the year in bonuses. For example, the customer loved me, loved my service but gave us a 7 because he hates the phone system and how hard it is to get through to someone so I then have 6-9 months of trying to get 10's and get my "average" back up. It is a joke and a way for them not to pay bonuses. Hopefully this has changed.
Pros
overall great company to work for
Cons
trying to plan time off that wasn't already snatched up by others
Awesome place to work. A place that values it's work ethics and it's employees more then anything. Multiple facilities such as: cool break-out areas, cafeteria with multiple vendors, good infrastructure, cab facilities, job security, growth opportunities.
Pros
Flexible shift hours, amazing health benefits, pro management
The only corporation I have worked for that genuinely care for your progress. When they say you will get training you get training. Work/home balance is perfect. I have no regrets working for them.
Pros
Great training opportunities
Overall, the company is great to work for. The pay is more than great and there are some amazing benefits that come with employment (401k is awesome). My only complaint would be with the culture and some of the management choices. Of course, you will find this almost anywhere but there were some pretty dark personalities around and when too many are allowed into a management position where they can unfairly treat people, it becomes a reflection of the company as a whole.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
culture, management
Très bon endroit à travailler. Ils savent faire plaisir à leur employé. Lieu interessent
Professional discretion is the hallmark of Executive Assistant administration. I would not mention my past or current relationships as it would be a breach of professional courtesy.
Best place I ever worked hands down! Not only are the leaders accommodating but you have the potential to make a lot of money through commission and bonuses. This is a career type job.
Pros
Fun people, great benefits, strong earning power, and great work life balance.
Cons
A lot of politics, Must know how to interact with people and be willing to help; Must be able to self teach sometimes.
I would go back in a heartbeat, although very fasted paced you get great support from experienced agents and coches. You feel like being part of a big family.
Pros
Benefits, corporate environment, rotation scheduling, performance bonuses
Cons
Long commute (downtown Montreal)
Love this company! I love how to here are multiple chances for networking and everyone is so friendly to one another, also love how we all get along and talk to one another
Pros
Great healthcare program
Was the best experience I did have. They are really professional, they take care with each employee. I can only says positive about them.
I only learned good things when I did work in AMEX.
L'esprit d'équipe est important et très bien représenté.
Pros
Les évènements d'équipe
great company to work for. I have been here for 15 years and i have gone through many changes but leadership is great and bright future for the company.
Pros
culture
Cons
job security
I like the open door policies they have and the class learning, Meeting bonuses. Team work one on one feedback. Great job for promotions. And the most advance update system to work with.Ect
Pros
Cons
managing your time on the phone
Honetamente es la mejor empresa en la que uno puede trabajar, los beneficios son excelentes, el salario es hermoso, a veces la extraño pero no me dejan regresar, por metricas, lo unico malo, son los horarios y el trabajo puede ser muy estresante. De ahí en fuera, es excelente esta empresa.
Pros
Beneficios mas alla de la ley, buen sueldo
Cons
Horarios quebrados y estres laboral.