American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance Employee Reviews

New Zealand1 review

3.5Pay & Benefits

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 1,534 reviews

Decent pay, good benefits, PTO/other leave, stressful

The pay, benefits, and leave aren't an issue. The issue with this company is management! I have a great manager but the others play favorites and clique up like highschool. NEPOTISM IS REAL AT AMFAM. Not much advancement unless you are in Wisconsin at headquarters or suck up. They love suck ups. Company says it's customer driven but they are clearly only numbers driven. They micro manage and don't care about the work you have to do or the slow inadequate equipment we have that helps sink our numbers. There is always system issues. Nobody wants to take ownership or help each other. Adjusters dodge calls like crazy. You take and keep claims all day but are only given 45mins to work your claims. If it gets busy, they will take that time and then they are ready to fire you when you get behind. They can't properly staff. AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE ONLY CARES ABOUT NUMBERS. Customers-maybe Employees (at least care center)-ABSOLUTELY NOT. And trust when you get fired, everybody knows. Unethical. Here until I can find something better. Mental health issues, for your sanity, don't apply.

Pros

Pay, benefits, leave

Cons

Stressful, numbers driven, favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Family Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

American Family Insurance Reviews by Job Title