American Marketing and Publishing

American Marketing and Publishing Employee Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Great company to work for.

I work from my car. I meet all kinds of people every day and have a ton of great conversations everyday. Every day is different. My coworkers and bosses are only a phone call away if I ever need anything.

15 June 2022
Thank you for your review of our work here at AMP! We pride ourselves on a good culture and our open door policy and are glad to hear about it working in action! Cheers to a different day every day!

Sugarcoated

They make it known that you’ll receive help & that you must get 4 new sales within the first month of employment. They hide small tid-bits about payment, commission, etc. They throw you in and all they do is sound robotic when you ask for help. All they care about are your dials and sales. This and many more is why their turnover rate is so high.

Great place to start a career while doing meaningful work and growing your network!

I joined AMP a little over a year ago starting in Digital Inside Sales. I had never tried sales before and was a little hesitant, but after meeting the team, learning more about the company mission, and seeing the real results of the positive impact that AMP provides in small local communities, I knew that I wanted to be a part of making that positive change for small business owners. I shortly learned that, despite the positive on boarding experience and the vital training provided, that sales just wasn't for me, but at that point I had fallen in love with the company. I decided to take a risk to see if they would still be willing to work with me to help me find my best career fit and they did! Because that's what AMP does. AMP invests not just in the businesses that we work with, but in the community that we are building internally. From team leadership, to management, and executives, I have always felt that AMP has had my best interest in mind and has invested in my career and personal growth. I first found AMP when I had freshly graduated with not a lot of direction on where I wanted to go, and working at AMP has helped me zone in on my purpose, and create goals for myself and my career in Marketing!In my work now, I feel incredibility fulfilled and enjoy coming to work every day! The management team is super supportive, and the workplace culture is very friendly and encouraging.

Pros

strong support systems, support in career advancement, remote and hybrid work opportunities, and exciting and meaningful work

8 September 2022
Thank you for the kind review! We always want to be sure we’re doing our best for everyone to succeed. Sometimes that includes switching from a sales position to a different role within the company! We’re so happy to hear that you found the position that’s right for you and that you’re continuing to grow in your career with AMP.

What is the best part of working at ?Nothing, they say that they are going to help you and work with you, however they do not. They tell you that you need to get 4 sales in the first month. You need to actually get 2 in the first 2 weeks or you will be forced to resign or be fired. I consistently had 150 to 250 calls and averaged 2 and a half hours to 3 hours of talk time, which was above everyone else, and yet they still refused to help. I also asked what happens if I do not get 4 sales in the first month and they told me "we will work with you if you don't get the sales, one of our recruiters started off in your position and couldn't get the sales so we worked with her and found a different position". That didn't happen, I was forced to resign or be fired. Wouldn't recommend. What is the most stressful part about working at American Marketing and Publishing?Trying to cold call business and convince them to work with Amp. Getting business owners on the phone is difficult enough, and then convincing them to give you their credit card information over the phone is extremely difficult.

8 September 2022
Our newly hired Digital Inside Sales Representatives have a 4 day training period before picking up the phone to make their first sales call, and then have two additional weeks to sell their first two new businesses. The first day a new rep is making sales calls, a manager or senior sales rep is making calls right along with them and training throughout the day. Additionally, a sales rep can expect at least two weekly training sessions as they are in the learning stages. Our requirement of two sales in the first two weeks of making sales calls is based on minimum standards, and frequently reps will meet that minimum requirement well before the full two weeks. We have minimum onboarding sales requirements in place because we recognize that there are often important, intangible qualities that make a person great at sales, and despite good product training and sales processes training, and even a strong work ethic and desire to be successful at sales, it sometimes does not click. That generally becomes apparent very early on, and while we sometimes have other roles for good people who don’t have the right results in selling, we often do not. Good training and firm minimum standards enable everyone who can do this work to move forward through the intensive onboarding period into your future role as an Account Manager where you receive both current customers to renew, along with new business leads to call. Demonstrating the ability to close new business first is a model that sets everyone who can sell up for success!

wow

very disappointed with this company. They tell you your base pay is 50k when in its really 25k. The trainers are great but management has a lot of false promises. If you're willing to do cold calls in person and wont take no as an answer this job is for you. you need to meet quotas or they quickly get ride of you. work life and personal life is almost nonexistent.

Pros

benefits I guess

Cons

too many to name.

1 July 2022
We’re sorry to read this. We know it can be frustrating to work in a sales role for the first time, only to discover that sales is harder than you expected and perhaps not what you personally enjoy. With regard to earnings, compensation elements, and the duties of the role, we try to be very transparent throughout the interviewing and onboarding process in order to avoid the very kind of disappointing experience you had. From the first interview, through the pre-start onboarding period, we discuss clearly that the starting base salary is $25,000 and that this represents about half of typical first full year earnings, with the rest being earned in sales commissions, bonuses, and early career base salary increases. This is laid out in a straightforward way in the compensation illustration that candidates receive in the interviewing process and again in the clear description of compensation that is a part of our written employment contracts. Our goal for all candidates considering our company is to be completely open about what to expect. That’s one of the reasons we require all candidates for a sales role to spend a day alongside one of our sales representatives in the field — so that they can get feel for what a typical “Day in the Life” is like at our company. For 25 years, every person in sales and sales leadership at AMP has started this same way. Because we promote exclusively from within, this ensures that everyone who works in sales, or who becomes a sales trainer, manager, or more senior leader is an individual who has a passion for our products, a deep respect -

I love the people I work with and the small business owners we serve!

I love that everyday I'm excited to get to work with an amazing group of people. From our sales reps to our managers and vice presidents, they are inspirational and make you want to be the best version of yourself.As a digital sales rep the part I like best is seeing my customers so excited about updating their Google photos or videos, or seeing their reaction when they are appearing at the top of search results, organically! The products we sell benefit small business owners and are very cost effective so once a business owner understands what we are selling, the rest is easy!The hardest part is actually getting in front of a business owner/decision maker, but the company gives you training and ideas for the best ways to do this. In fact, the sales training was excellent. It's a combination of live virutal training, recorded instruction on AMP University (so you can go back and watch what you need extra help with) and in the field training. Even though I was nervous my first day in the field, I definitely felt prepared and with practice became better and felt more confident as time went on.They have a system for you to follow and that for sure helped. I would have felt lost if I had to figure it out on my own. My manager and field trainers were a big help too as I first was getting started, and still are!I would definitely recommend AMP if you are motivated by bonuses and commissions, don't mind calling on all types of businesses and want to become a better version of yourself!

Pros

People, Training, Supportive Environment, Digital Products, Monthly Bonuses & Commissions!

Cons

Working in inclement weather - be sure to dress for the weather!

6 July 2022
We are glad to hear you are finding the training and support you need to succeed here at AMP! We also love seeing our customers happy with their results which is in large part due to the great work of sales reps like you! Thank you for sharing your feedback and best wishes in your career here at AMP!

Great company culture - hire from within

I love working at AMP. After being in the restaurant industry for over 10 years I wanted to make a career change. Sales is not for everyone and it takes someone who is self motivated with a positive attitude. The company culture is amazing and I constantly feel appreciated and rewarded for my hard work. Having evenings and weekends off is a plus and AMP understands how important work/life balance is. By putting in hard work and attending the training I was able to achieve 5 promotions within my first two years. If you are looking to work for a great company that sells affordable digital marketing programs to small local business - I highly recommend this job. Must be organized, self motivated, goal oriented, willing to learn and not afraid of rejection to be successful.

Welcoming work place with a future.

I left a job that I had been at for 16 years to come to AMP, and to say I was nervous does not even cover it. From the time I came through the front door, I discovered that there was no reason to be nervous. Everyone from HR to my own Customer Support Team was very friendly and open to accepting a new person. There was never a time that I felt I could not ask for help or that I was asking too many questions. Over the last several years, I have grown in my own department to a Team Lead role and there is still more room to move in the company. The team I work with has become an important part of my day to day and I feel valued and accepted.

Pros

Work/Life balance Room to grow

Cons

Not particularly mobile (sitting at a desk mostly)

Excellent Company

I have been at American Marketing & Publishing LLC for 3.5 years. In that time I have been able to grow with the company. The management staff are extremely supportive and encouraging and show appreciation for my hard work. This company strives to make all of its employees feel valued and encourages us to reach and exceed our goals. We are all a team and I am proud to be a part of this amazing company!

Pros

Work life balance, Flexibility, Positive Environment

Cons

There are no cons

Great management, amazing coworkers and a positive work culture!

I have been with AMP for 3.5 years and have had many opportunities for growth. I love the management team, they provide excellent mentorship and are always there to help. AMP is filled with individuals who are kind, trustworthy and empathetic. We are truly one big family! You show up each day knowing what is expected of you and are given the proper tools to succeed.

Pros

Personal & Professional growth, great work culture, good pay & benefits, work-life balance, trustworthy, kind the list goes on!

Cons

Don't see any cons with working for AMP, great place to work!

American Multi-Level Marketing

Worked here before the pandemic started, and would not recommend this job to 95% of people. It takes a certain type of person to try to manipulate business owners into purchasing services they did not seek out. High turnover due to sales requirements for sales reps. Management only interested in your success because they receive bonuses when you stay on. Would spend tons of money on gas driving around to different businesses to try and make sales. Hourly breakdown came out to about 12 dollars an hour at the time, before costs of wear and tear on your vehicle. Genuinely the most miserable I have ever felt doing a job because you either spend time completely alone in your car or attempting to make a sale.

Pros

Management involved in your work and wanting you to succeed.

Cons

Mileage, no job co-workers, toxic positivity, unrealistic demands

Not your typical sales job, but in the best way!

I have now been with AMP for just shy of 3 months and I can say without a shadow of a doubt (now) that I don’t think it’s possible to find another company to work for that would even begin to compare, but full transparency, I didn’t feel that way this whole time…When you first start with AMP you get to meet these amazing humans that are so full of life and joy and you can’t help but wonder what’s in the water that is making these people so perky and happy ALWAYS?! And this is coming from someone who is constantly told they are “always happy.” It’s enticing and it makes you want to get to where they are, but it doesn’t take long for you to realize that, their happiness is a result of some EXTREMELY hard work! I have worked in sales for the last 10-12 years and I have been a top performer at every position I was in, but when I came to AMP, I realized I’m just a rookie compared to the people who sell for this company. I constantly wondered how this many AMAZING sales people all work for this one company. But I learned. I learned this company is full of a certain type of employee because they weed out the people who aren’t cut out for it. And that’s not a slam on the company, it’s actually one of the most amazing things I’ve seen in all my years of working in sales. Sales is a HARD job, and it’s not meant for everyone and honestly working in sales when it’s not meant for you can be VERY stressful and defeating and actually have many negative impacts in life as a whole, I’ve seen it more times than I can count. Here at AMP, that doesn’t happen. You are given a goal and a timeline, -

Pros

Personal & professional growth, amazing working atmosphere, unlimited resources and encouragement to help you be successful, great pay & benefits, high emphasis on work-life balance, amazing schedule with flexibility under the understanding that life happens, the list really goes on and on!

Cons

Incredibly hard at first, mentally tough and stressful, a lot of learning curves and overcoming mental barriers, you have to overcome the hard stuff to get to the good stuff that make it worth it

Very Supportive

You work really hard in this job but it is pretty cool to see the companies you work with look better online after you help them. The compensation is great with the ability to make more money as the years go on building a book of business. I would recommend the job.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Driving a lot

Great Company to work for!

I am THANKFUL for AMP as they have given me the opportunity to have a true work-life balance! AMP culture is something like I’ve never seen before; there is constant motivation, encouragement, training and the constant ability for career advancement. The work may not always be easy, but it is very rewarding.

Pros

Sales incentives, training, work life balance

Love this place!

You're often working more hours than you are spending at home in an average work week (this is statistics). With that, it's important to do what makes you happy and work with people who make you happy as well. This is so true at AMP, I've made friends throughout the entire company, I've built relationships with my customers and my team members/manager supports me and pushes me to get better each and every day. There are so many opportunities to grow, build your book of business, and of course that paycheck! Thank you AMP for building a great company to work for and be excited to go to work each and every day!

Amazing Company

I am so thankful for AMP they not only helped me in my professional life, but also in my outside of work life. The management is incredibly supportive, and always helps keep me on track with my goals. I came from being a bartender and general manager, and starting in sales seemed absolutely terrifying, but the training and support recieved from my coworkers and boss made it an easy transition. The start of the job is hard, but it is for very good reason. This job isn't easy, you have to have determination and grit, but its so worth it. I finally feel like I am being compensated for the work I do. I love the work that I do, not all days are great days, but I can confidently say a majority are.

Pros

Management Staff, Training, Work life balance

Cons

Hard at the start

Balance, Culture & Challenge For An Outsized Income

I have been at AMP for over a decade. A lot of people ask me why I have been with the company for my entire career thus far and I have the same response every time: you get the opportunity to prove your worth, earn your worth, and reinvent yourself within an organization that cares for its people. AMP has taught me how to be better inside and outside of work and I value the continued encouragement from leaders for personal/professional career growth. The work is challenging which makes it rewarding. I love the comradery and closeness of our team, we all learn and challenge each other for the better. If you're interested in a career and company that continues to evolve and grow and want that for yourself, you won't find anything like it.

Pros

Tangible results of your hard work, fun incentives, family & life balance.

Cons

The work doesn't get easier, you have to continue to grow and get better.

Outstanding place to grow professional and personally

I started working at AMP right out of college. In the past four years I have learned so much about myself professionally, and personally. I was able to create my own path at AMP! I've had multiple roles at the company, all of which lead to growth in leadership. Leadership Development Programs are scheduled each quarter to go through a personal development book and the whole company participates! It's great to see eye to eye with others like you who are looking to grow. AMP is a company that I see myself at for years to come. Great company, great atmosphere!

Pros

Salary, Growth

Great company to start a sales career!

There is really good training and support for new employees. The leadership team cares a lot about individuals success. There are really good benefits and the pay is exceptional. The company has a strong work life balance and invests a lot in employees. There has been much growth in the digital products and they just keep getting better! You will work hard and have the ability to advance quickly. This is a great career for someone wanting to get into marketing and sales, with limited experience.

Don’t work here

Terrible training! They give you two days of training then throw you in the field. They don’t care about their employees whatsoever all numbers numbers numbers. Don’t work for this company

Meh

Don’t do it and run as fast as possible. Don’t be a minion for this company and make yourself miserable for the things that disclose. Yeah you can make money but you will sign your life away at the same time. Inside sales is a joke.

Cons

No life

4 August 2022
Our Inside Sales Teams work both in office and from home depending on their territory. Most love that they only work from 7:30am to 4:30pm with an hour lunch break. This allows them time to enjoy their evenings and they never have to bring work home. We have an awesome culture that celebrates each other's wins and supports one another on tough days. Sales isn't for everyone, but if you are motivated with a positive attitude and want to sell to help, we would love to speak with you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Marketing and Publishing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• American Marketing and Publishing