AMIGOS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AMIGOS Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

I liked how they did business

It was cool. Good people worked there everyone was nice to. If you needed help with somethings the manager was there for you to answer any questions. It was easy to catch on to how to work there and use the technology.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Fast fast pace

Good employees are overworked underpaid

Management lacks authority, no consistent work schedule, long hours with no breaks or only a short 10 mins for a 8+ hour day, split shifts aren't worth comimg in and definitely mess with errands or having a life, poor training style and management, you get a free lunch up to bout 6 dollars of food, definitely overworked and underpaid, will guilt trip and cut hours if you take vacations or leave company.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short to no breaks, poor management

Ok workplace environment

It was an ok place to work management didn't have a clue , hours were not very good at all. Pay was not very good and no room to improve or grow there

Run

Your training period will probably be the most enjoyable part of working at this job. When you're first hired everyone seems so sweet, helpful, and management seems like they're all great. once youre in and finally get the hang of working with the kids the work environment does a complete 360. management does not care about your issues or complaints. If you aren't apart of the administration team then they dont really care for you, youre just another body to help them deal with kids while they sit in their offices and act like they're doing more than gossiping. it's a very toxic environment to work in and if you don't at least have a bachelors degree then please dont expect to get treated equally. your best bet is working on the adult side

Pros

work schedule

Cons

no lunch breaks, rude management

Sense of accomplishment

Putting smiles on customers faces for almost eight years. Enjoyed receiving compliments on the street from the food customers had ordered. Busy busy busy

Pros

Working with fun energetic

Cons

Long hard hours

Long days A lot about how production is runA little confused about managementEveryone does get along The heat very hot Just enjoying my fellow co-workers

Good first job.

I enjoyed working there for a first job, but once you turn 16 they are allowed to schedule you more hours and they scheduled me till 2 in the morning and I was still in high school and was always exhausted on the weekends where I never had time to get schoolwork done and enough sleep. Yes I could have changed my availability but they would’ve cut all my hours.

Pros

Great discount

Cons

never had a break

Life Changing

It was absolutely incredible, I loved the organization and the experience it gave me. I learned so much, improved my Spanish and got real-world experience

Buen trabajo

Cambie de trabajo por que encontré mejor oportunidad en latino

It was good experiancework with amigos

• Take care of kitchen department, working as a head chef • Take charge for Product development, Standard recipe development, Cost cutting, kitchen standards, hygiene maintenance and Duty Roaster. • Designing the menu, reviewing food and beverages purchases, and handling administrative tasks • Controlling and directing the food preparation process and any other relative activities I.e. Training staff, ensuring the verity and quality of the servings.

Not a good job and they do there way not the food safety way

They have a cook who doesn't speak no English and he has a chip on his shoulder and a I have something to prove and I can beat you up attitude like a work place is supposed to be comfortable and amigos is not the place for it so no do not work there

Practice learning and speaking Spanish.

I loved working there and they made me feel like family. I loved working there and learning new experiences. I loved learning a new culture and they treated me like family.

Harder, Low paying job

They expect a lot of you for being paid extremely low. I loved my co-workers and had some fun with them. You get a lot of free food and get 50% off when your not working.

Working with all the people

Being a leader working with the co worker to make sure you are ready for the day. Prep work for the day running the day to day challenge of customer happiness.

Great food

I would work there again, 11pm-4am shifts are the hardest and I think the company should consider closing no later than 12am. But the food is awesome and good work environment.

Great place

Very family oriented and very flexible overall great place they are understanding with personal issues and work with you i know with me they did it was great

cashier/clerk

i was a client at new boundries and was promoted to a clerk/cashier position at amigo's that i have been working there since i have been in high school. i enjoy my job and the peoole i work with with.

Travailler chez 3 imagos

D'abord, je trouvais que l'endroit était sale mais pour une étudiante, c'était relaxe comme travail comme début dans le domaine de la restauration. Puis, ce que je n'ai pas aimé de ce travail c'était que je me déplaçais pour travailler au minimum 3h par jour et ce n'était pas suffisant pour moi. Sinon, c'était relaxe et pas trop compliquer mais des fois je trouvais le temps long , car il n'avait rien à faire.

Pros

Repas gratuit

Cons

Pas assez d'heures pour le trajet

Very relaxed kind of vibes.

The atmosphere at the restaurant was family oriented and everyone knew everyone and it became a family to any of the new workers. The managers always made sure the workers weren’t overwhelmed.

Great place to learn

I learnt a lot, my mamager was a very good person. I was trained on cooking fast foods, importance of cleanliness at the work place, waitressing. I also learnt taking orders over the phone.

Not a good place to work

2 coworkers were nice an helpful management was Awful mos workers are rude take credit for others work I got paid $7.25 when state minimum is $9.00

Pros

Cons

Just about everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMIGOS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AMIGOS