AMLI Residential logo
AMLI Residential
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AMLI Residential Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Awesome Company

Great company overall. AMLI really cares about their residents and associates. I’ve worked for a couple of large management companies and AMLI BAKES the cake, TAKES the cake and EATS it too! Great compensation packages and benefits! In 2020, AMLI was transparent with residents and associates in need of assistance during trying times. I heard from people working with other brands/mgmt companies that they just “waited” for residents to come forward with a need due to COVID. That’s CRAZY!! Residents suffered for various reasons. Some allowed their pride to get in the way. AMLI didn’t wait for someone to come forward. They extended a helping hand immediately and without fail.In a time of need, you find out who your friends really are. I’m glad to call AMLI my “FAMLI” and Friend!I do not wish to remain anonymous.A. Simmons

Pros

Amazing benefits & salary

Lost it's way

This was once a great company to work for, but middle and senior management seem to have forgotten the maintenance staff are people, NOT machines! AMLI asks more of their maintenance staff than any other national company that I am aware of, only compensates at the going rate, but constantly pushes for even greater productivity in spite of maintenance teams being woefully understaffed and already overworked,Leasing staff are supposed to have "sparkle kits" to touch-up clean their leases prior to move in - WHAT A JOKE! I've only seen ONE property that even HAD sparkle kits, and they were still factory sealed when I transferred a year later. Like most things the leasing staff are SUPPOSED to do to help maintain their property's amenities and curb appeal, (eg. cleaning and filling coffee machine, pick up litter when encountered, etc) these things typically entered as service requests on the already strain service teams.

Pros

Not any longer

Cons

ZERO mid and upper management support, just lip service and empty promises

Family atmosphere, encouraging success

The only reason I stopped working for AMLI Residential is because I moved away from an area where they are located. Love the company and everything they do.

I was only there for three months, but in general it went well for me. Many benefits and a great sense of teamwork. It is also a company that offers growth opportunities to whoever wants it. Conclusion: Positive experience.

AMLI cares about all their employees!

If you get the opportunity to work at AMLI Residental then you are going to love working for this company. I have worked for the company for 2 years now and I have really enjoyed working here but there was a change of management at the community where I work and the morale is not good. I love AMLI it’s a great company to work for, I just wish my manager would not micromanage.

Pros

Upper management is very supportive

Cons

Being the right fit with the team you work with.

Amazing!

Working for AMLI was wonderful! I have worked for many management companies in my career and they are by far my favorite. They were really employee focused and had many procedures in place just for the benefit of the leasing agents. It really made me feel like they cared for me. I got out of the business, but if I ever went back I would choose AMLI!

Supportive and encouraging company with opportunity

AMLI residential is a great place to work! There is plenty of room for growth nationwide and it is always a fun, positive atmosphere. The pay is competitive and the housing discount is reasonable. By far the best company I have worked for!

Great place to work at. Did make ready and maintenance it was hard work everyday, but management was very supportive and anything I needed help on there was always someone to ask. Only left the employer because I wanted to pursue a different career

Pros

Always busy

Cons

Short breaks, always busy

The hardest part of the job

The hardest Part Is that I would be full painting almost every apt. I wouldn’t get no help. And they had me working ac with no EPA license. And not paying me enough

27 April 2020
Thank you for posting your comments. At AMLI, we often train our service employees, working side by side with him or her, to teach them how to service an A/C . This provides them with the skills to perform the electrical part of an A/C and thus gain experience. We do require EPA certificate for employees who handle refrigerant independently. Please feel free to reach out to your former AVP, DBO or HR to provide more detailed information. Regards,

Great culture with fantastic people

I've worked with AMLI for over 8 years and would say one of the best company's to work for. AMLI has a great culture with fantastic people to work with. Just not on the property but from the area VP to the company CEO on down take the time get to know you and your family. AMLI has a saying. Welcome to the "FAMLI" If someone is on the cusp on trying to figure out on what company would be best for them. Then let this review be your determining factor. They take care of all people in all positions. From porter, maintenance tech, turn tech, service manager, leasing agent, and so on. Not one position is more important then the other. AMLI has a low turn over rate when it comes to position with this company. So if you ever get a chance to work for them, then you can thank me later...

24 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear you enjoy the company culture. As you mentioned, it’s the people who make AMLI such a great place to work. We know that each person’s contribution, regardless of position, is essential to the overall success of AMLI. We appreciate you and the 8 plus years you’ve dedicated to AMLI. Thanks again for the review and for being a part of the FAMLI!

Great Company to work for.

* Sustainability Culture that matches no other out there. * Promote a close knit family environment. * Leadership group that walks the walk and lives what they preach.

Great Company Culture

Great company, however work life balance is bad due to work stretches (7-11 days of working straight), due to the offices being open 7 days a week. Early hours on Sunday, you may miss church, certainly miss brunches on every Saturday if you are a leasing agent and you will not get off work when office closes at 6pm. You are to tour even at 5:55 or 6pm if a customer walks in.

23 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. So pleased to read how much you value our culture and compensation/benefits. We certainly do want our employees to have time off and not work such long hours.I have passed your concerns on to our Atlanta leadership team and encourage you to discuss these long days with your Community Manager. You can also reach out to your Area Vice President and/or Human Resources for assistance. Best wishes for your continued success at AMLI.

Good entry level position

Working at AMLI was a great entry level work experience. I would definitely say your experience will depend heavily on your property manager. I had one property manager that was a pain to work under and my fellow leasing agents were a hot mess. Then I moved to a different property and I loved it! You can create a whole new family work setting at AMLI. One major downfall is the gossip culture between properties (no ones business is safe). Another benefit is the discount on properties for employees! I really liked living on property for a discount because I honestly believe AMLI offers the best out of all management properties and if I ever move into an apartment I would pick AMLI every time.

Great Company

Amazing company, great pay, great benefits, but work/life balance not so great. Working "Stretches", every weekend, and 9-10 hrs days. Overall love the company and culture

19 November 2019

Great company!

Great company, great staff, great company culture, the supervisors in the company aren’t the best to work with at all..................................

19 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. So pleased to read how much you value our culture and compensation/benefits. We certainly do want our employees to have time off and not work such long hours.I have passed your concerns on to our Atlanta leadership team and encourage you to discuss these long days with your Community Manager. You can also reach out to your Area Vice President and/or Human Resources for assistance.Best wishes for your continued success at AMLI.

Easy going place to work

Easy work. Long only because there isn't a lot of work. Friendly coworkers for the most part. Supervisor is moody and what your met with for the day depends on her mood. That being said, she really is nice, just over worked and under appreciated. Lab aide/histotech is lazy and messy, and PA submits horrible sections making embedding and cutting difficult. The other two employees were exceptionally nice.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Lazy coworker

Company of Excellence

AMLI is one of the best property management companies to work for. Their operational strategies are solid and consistent. You will also always know what your responsibilities are and you will be held accountable for them. They have a great training program. The challenge lies in unrealistic operational goals. There could be a clear gap in how the region is performing as a whole and the operational goals that AMLI would like to achieve. This results in undue stress at all site level positions and ultimately turnover. Their Houston market is extremely small so there's very little opportunity for growth within the region. That being said the people were very kind and they pay well within industry standards.

11 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We have passed them on to our leadership team for their review. We agree with you – we are one of the best property management companies. We appreciate your recognition of our operational strategies as well as our educational and compensation programs. Our Houston Market in holding steady and we have ongoing opportunities for professional development. We thank you for your contributions while you were employed and wish you continued success

Great place to work if you work for the right people

AMLI is a great place to work if you are working under the right people. The benefits aren't bad and the culture is strong. If you are in to giving back, AMLI is well known for that as they do a lot of volunteering for multiple organizations. I also really enjoyed the structure that they have in place as it gives less room for errors in your day to day operations. The part that I was not a fan of was management. You have to be able to work for the right person in order to succeed and if you bring sensitive matters to anyone higher up, just make sure you have proof of what you are talking about. The only other thing that wasn't the best was the hourly rate and the work/life balance- it was lower than a lot of competitors but not the lowest in the business. They also do have a really good commission structure, actually, the best I've seen! You also don't have the best work life balance since sometimes you can work a longer shift (around 11 hours or so) with minimal to no break.

4 September 2019
Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We are glad to see you recognize our culture and commitment to volunteerism. We do have one of the best commission/bonus plans in the industry, so as to reward our leasing staff financially. We recently enhanced our vacation and leave policies to support a stronger work/life balance. While you do not mention in which city you worked, it’s important to note that we do not encourage or want employees working long hours. We have shared your comments with our leadership team. You are welcome to reach out to HR and or your former AVP to share more details of your experience.

productive, and a lot of potential and learning opportunities.

I enjoyed my time working at AMLI, Las Colinas was the property I was working at. Previous managers and maintenance workers were lazy so our new team that arrived had to a lot to catch up on.

maintenance supervisor

no team work at this place un realistic demands no paid extra time .the girls at the office sit in the ac and demand hard work our of the crew while they don't lift a finger

This company was founded with wonderful principles that went awry.

Do to poor upper management not being aware of issues with their staff and promoting the wrong people I would not recommend to work here. There is so much time spent reporting that you have no time to actually manage properly. I believe this company has lost sight as to what is important on the front lines.

Pros

They like to give back to the community.

Cons

Much to much unnecessary reporting.

30 May 2019
Thank you for taking time to post your comments. We have shared your comments with our leadership team. We make our residents and employees our top priority, while balancing government reporting requirements and responsibilities to our stakeholders.While you are a former employee, you are still welcome to reach out to HR or your former leader to share more details.Regards,Recruitment Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMLI Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2