AMP Employee Reviews

Good people and thriving workplace
Senior Customer Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland29 October 2018
Great job and good opportunity to move ahead in the business. Good culture and awesome social events. Management were very supportive and always encouraging of staff to progress through the ranks.
Challenging
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Auckland City1 October 2015
A typical day at work involved
Prospecting
Follow up with clients, underwriters, applications processors
Paperwork - writing reports, quotes, assessing product information etc, assessing written material for legal and compliance prior to submitting to application team.
Attending daily sales meeting
Attending appointments. (up to 2 per day)

I learnt to manage the role as if I was self employed and to tap into all available resources.

Regular restructures and disestablishment of roles. But this is very common in big companies

My co workers were an interesting mix of people from all walks of life we were a relatively tight team and worked together combining initiatives to ensure the teams success.

The hardest part of the job was the sense of being "an experiment" and that the team was a "guinea pig" testing the viability of the
in house adviser initiative.

The most enjoyable part of the role was successful sales and advice by helping people secure their financial security.
Pros
Company car, self management
Cons
Micro management, pressure to reach unrealistic targets
A Productive and great place to learn the Meat Industry
Production Line Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu13 May 2015
I would start early 5 am usually an hour before start time (fin 1-2 pm) red line procedure, plain clothes to whites, machine clean procedure check line check set up processing table etc, Learnt alot about the different ways of processing and displaying the product, Management were hard but fare, my co-workers were absolutely awesome and switched on, hardest part of the job was getting up every morning but never became an issue as I would always arrive an hour earlier, the most enjoyable part of the job was the company and the co-workers I was with the company took good care of us and the people were made up of different nationalities and I connected well with them.
Pros
A clean and happy place to work
Cons
sometimes to many contingencies plans on our production line would mean a late finish