AMP

AMP

AMP Employee Review

Productive and fun workplace

Loved to work at AmP and would love to work in future. The overall experience wasxvery good, lovely team, motivation and support from all and opportunity to learn new things.

Same location

Good people and thriving workplace

Great job and good opportunity to move ahead in the business. Good culture and awesome social events. Management were very supportive and always encouraging of staff to progress through the ranks.
Same location

Challenging

A typical day at work involved Prospecting Follow up with clients, underwriters, applications processors Paperwork - writing reports, quotes, assessing product information etc, assessing written material for legal and compliance prior to submitting to application team. Attending daily sales meeting Attending appointments. (up to 2 per day) I learnt to manage the role as if I was self employed and to tap into all available resources. Regular restructures and disestablishment of roles. But this is very common in big companies My co workers were an interesting mix of people from all walks of life we were a relatively tight team and worked together combining initiatives to ensure the teams success. The hardest part of the job was the sense of being "an experiment" and that the team was a "guinea pig" testing the viability of the in house adviser initiative. The most enjoyable part of the role was successful sales and advice by helping people secure their financial security.

Pros

Company car, self management

Cons

Micro management, pressure to reach unrealistic targets

A Productive and great place to learn the Meat Industry

I would start early 5 am usually an hour before start time (fin 1-2 pm) red line procedure, plain clothes to whites, machine clean procedure check line check set up processing table etc, Learnt alot about the different ways of processing and displaying the product, Management were hard but fare, my co-workers were absolutely awesome and switched on, hardest part of the job was getting up every morning but never became an issue as I would always arrive an hour earlier, the most enjoyable part of the job was the company and the co-workers I was with the company took good care of us and the people were made up of different nationalities and I connected well with them.

Pros

A clean and happy place to work

Cons

sometimes to many contingencies plans on our production line would mean a late finish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AMP