AMP

AMP Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland3 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Productive and fun workplace

Loved to work at AmP and would love to work in future. The overall experience wasxvery good, lovely team, motivation and support from all and opportunity to learn new things.

Good people and thriving workplace

Great job and good opportunity to move ahead in the business. Good culture and awesome social events. Management were very supportive and always encouraging of staff to progress through the ranks.

Challenging

A typical day at work involved Prospecting Follow up with clients, underwriters, applications processors Paperwork - writing reports, quotes, assessing product information etc, assessing written material for legal and compliance prior to submitting to application team. Attending daily sales meeting Attending appointments. (up to 2 per day) I learnt to manage the role as if I was self employed and to tap into all available resources. Regular restructures and disestablishment of roles. But this is very common in big companies My co workers were an interesting mix of people from all walks of life we were a relatively tight team and worked together combining initiatives to ensure the teams success. The hardest part of the job was the sense of being "an experiment" and that the team was a "guinea pig" testing the viability of the in house adviser initiative. The most enjoyable part of the role was successful sales and advice by helping people secure their financial security.

Pros

Company car, self management

Cons

Micro management, pressure to reach unrealistic targets

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AMP?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

AMP Reviews by Location