AMP

Financial Advisor1 review
New Zealand1 review

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 227 reviews

Challenging

A typical day at work involved Prospecting Follow up with clients, underwriters, applications processors Paperwork - writing reports, quotes, assessing product information etc, assessing written material for legal and compliance prior to submitting to application team. Attending daily sales meeting Attending appointments. (up to 2 per day) I learnt to manage the role as if I was self employed and to tap into all available resources. Regular restructures and disestablishment of roles. But this is very common in big companies My co workers were an interesting mix of people from all walks of life we were a relatively tight team and worked together combining initiatives to ensure the teams success. The hardest part of the job was the sense of being "an experiment" and that the team was a "guinea pig" testing the viability of the in house adviser initiative. The most enjoyable part of the role was successful sales and advice by helping people secure their financial security.

Pros

Company car, self management

Cons

Micro management, pressure to reach unrealistic targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

AMP Reviews by Location