AMPD Group logo
AMPD Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AMPD Group Employee Reviews

2.3Work–Life Balance

Stressful and unorganized work environment

Company as a whole was very unorganized and lacked proper management throughout every location. Was a very stressful environment, no respect towards employees from owners as well. I would not recommend that anyone gets involved with this company.

Poor place to work

Management is a mess at this company. There is no structure in place to run a proper business. There is no onboarding process, benefits, or payment plan set up when you start working here.

Cons

No breaks, no onboarding, no training, no benefits, no payment plan

Literally Horrible

When Covid happened we were all let go. The owners couldn't pay us our last paychecks and gave us "promise notes." We received it way later than we were supposed to because the news got a hold of the story. When they opened back up they brought a whole new team in instead of rehiring the original employees. Shady business, horrible owners. If you can't pay your employees stop buying expensive toys.

Pros

Cons

horrible company

Management doesn’t care, payroll errors often

OverallMy experience working at AMPD Group was horrible. Made good money during peak season, but that’s about the only positive. Management is greedy & doesn’t care.

Negative Stars

Do you enjoy being thrown to the wolves with no support from your employer? Are you seeking a failing company with the worst reputation in the city to call your “home away from home”? Is it exciting for you to work in a building without AC in the summer or heat in the winter? Then Amp’d is the place for you! If you get a rush from not being able to pay your vendors because the company doesn’t have money, apply to be a manager. If constantly running out of tequila in a tequila bar is more your style, apply to be a bartender. If you’re more into being shorted on your tips and being forced to work three doubles in a row, serving is where you want to be. I personally suggest not wasting your time on this sad excuse for a company.

Pros

I made a lot of great friends.

Cons

Financial turmoil, lack of support, upper management without service industry experience, disorganized at every level of business, terrible yet accurate reputation, extremely poor working conditions

Learning experience and creative enviroment

AMPD Group is a very well diverse company who really looked into creating their own restaurants and entertainment spots. Working for them as a marketing intern was fun yet not much of a learning experience as for advancing in marketing knowledge.

Fine

Ok to work there and the manager could be a asswhole but the other workers r good to work with nice to be around that's all I got to say about the job

Worst Company Ive Worked For

Definitely not up to health code. We were taught to lie to customers about the rat problem. Pay is only worth it as a summer bartender but even then the conditions you work under in the summer may not be worth it to most. They never fix anything: heat ALWAYS broken in the winter which was slow season anyway, but summer was brutal. Again AC always broken too. For me, my GM a never seemed to have preference with looks. But the owners did. I'm a thicker woman but was in my uniform which they gave me and then was sent home one day because my shirt was too tight (they dont carry XLs for women shirts because I was literally the only one. I dont think they hire many college girls above a size 6.Constant turn over, new manager every few months because the current ones would get fed up with upper management and owners. I hated serving the owners when they would come in. Always very rude to their employees.

Pros

Multiple locations (i worked at south side)

Cons

Literally everything else.

Unprofessional Ownership

The owners put on a facade in front of anything public such as the news or events. They treat all their employees like expendable interchangeable parts to a car. If you don’t fit in with their viewpoint and decisions they will bully you into, they will cut ties with you. They refuse to reinvest into their current properties to sustain business but rather take whatever money they acquire and put it towards personal purchases and life choices .

Terrible management

Company misclassification of employee as 1099, so they could use as tax deductions. I was subjected to check deductions for company benefit and I was forced into in order to receive biweekly paycheck.

The worst place ever

Literally the worst company I have ever worked for all the way from disgusting buildings the terrible owners and managers to horrible pay. The kitchens are absolutely disgusting there are mice running through the dining Room when you flip the lights on.

Just a bad place and company to work for.

I used to work for this company in several of their restaurants. In each location the management wasn't the best, especially the GM. The AGMs weren't bad and actually did what you expected a manager to do. They play favorites and promote from within. They don't reward their hardest working employees, even if they have been with the company for a while. The management is toxic and the upper managers simply dont care about certain locations within the company. As long as they continue to pull money in from their "favorite" locations, they dont do anything to help business at their other locations.

Promotions aren't swayed by work ethic

The people who do the most work tend to get looked over and "favorites", ususlly determined by looks and lack of brains, reap the benefits. Irrational

Great Company

This company was a great company to work for and there was a lot of potential with the company. Only bad aspect of the company was their operations manager who had no idea what he was doing and his communication skills were horrible.

Great Atmosphere to learn

I have learned so much working at Ampd Group. Upper management was really patient and always available for questions or concerns. I also had the opportunity to gain hands on experience in various department which resulted in personal and profession growth.

Expect no life

Working there was different. Expect to work everyday, 12 hours. With no concern of home life. There is definitely more chiefs than Indians, and they are “fire happy”. I averaged 70-80 hours a week, with no concern from upper management. Hollow promises of advancement.

Terrible company

Terrible company to work for unless you give your life and soul then still not enough. It's owned by a bunch of people who know nothing about restaurants or good food. They don't listen to suggestions nor do they take the time to ensure workers are happy. There stores are ran completely backwards and the older stores are falling apart. They put band-aids on repairs while they ride around in lamborghinis.

Pros

Workers were cool and nice to work with

ok place to work

ok place to work some really good people in the company but also so really bad. they promote from within if they like you. but you can do more/better work and get passed up for a promotion based on friendships within the company

Fun place to work

No room for advancement or pay increase. No life out side of work if your a manager. Expect everything from you with little or no gratitude. Some times treat you like you don’t even exist and degrade you.

A Day with AMPD Group

The AMPD group is a great company to work for. There are many advancement opportunities within the company. They are expanding quickly. The overall management team is good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMPD Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3