AMSPEC

AMSPEC Employee Reviews

2.2Work–Life Balance

Just a toxic environment

The company used to be great to work for. But ever since the company grew and took on investors; the company is about production and bottom dollar. The company RARELY if ever give raises and hardly promote.

Pros

Cons

Toxic environment

Great people to work for. 24 hour 365 business so schedule can be alot. Lab tech job is easy once you figure out what you are doing. Pay is good, could be better

Miserable place with terrible management

Exploitative of workers. Management promises employees raises and rarely follows through with it. As well as terrible planning for meetings and events causing half of the staff to miss vital trainings

Good for learning on the job

Not enough jobs to fill in the time after awhile. Flexible though with tasks to assist its sister company. It was during its transition period being bought over by Amspec.Otherwise, nice people.

Terrible place to work at

No work/life balance due to on-call schedule. There was never good communication with dispatch and management when it came to doing jobs or for anything else having to do with work. Turnover rate was terrible. Senior inspectors had to handle the extra workload due to new guys needing training on the specific jobs being done. No system in place to train new guys, pretty much thrown out on their own and expected to for them to figure it out in their own. Working long hours, sometimes over twenty-four hours on one single call was common due to bad planning. Equipment provided was terrible since most of it was hand me downs from previous use and there was always missing fitting. Management was always cheap, never invested back into the division. Overall, terrible place to work at.

Company is growing faster than it can employ workers. Work/Life is not great. Pay and benefits were good.

Met good people that was brought down by bad management. Potential to make good money and learn new areas in an expanding profession. The company has to reevaluate staffing needs.

They pay well, but you're gone if you don't give them the results the client wants.

This is not a place to work if you are overburdened with integrity. The culture is very much "what the client wants to hear" not "what the actual results are." test it until it passes. And remember, it's not Amspec, it's On-Spec.

Productive and competent

A good team of lads who work well with each other and the surroundings. Every body is always happy to help each other to get the job done to a good standard

Pros

Possibility of advancing to management

Cons

Not very good salary

Great place to work .

Awesome place to work. Lots of time off for work and life balance. Great folks in the field and office. Only left because I was moving . Wish I was still working with Amspec.

No time to enjoy your life.

If you’re a workaholic that doesn’t like sleeping and enjoy being at work for days at a time in the same clothes while being coated in petroleum products, this is the job for you!

Pros

Good money with guaranteed work

Cons

More hours than you know what to do with

No hay horario, tampoco conciliación, puedes trabajar en una semana 70 horas y en la siguiente 20

Si quieres tener vida, no trabajes en amspec.Es imposible hacer nada mientras trabajas allí.

Pros

Te pagan lo acordado

Cons

No tienes vida, ni conciliación.

They ruin lives

Having been a part of this company I developed addiction issues. Management helps you pass drug tests. Ive seen people who work here destroy their home lives from not being able to balance home and work. If you put home first, management threatens you. This place is garbage and only gets business by giving kickbacks to their customers employees.

Pros

there are no pros

Cons

letting them ruin your life

Stressful

Stressful work environment . Chiefs don´t have time to teach you

you work like slave until you drop without no considerations when you need it.

Not time off in this company.you work all the time.no days off. you work on call 24/7.company treat you like you are no important and dispensable.

Amazing work environment

Working on ships.Sample wheat cargo that comes in from other countries Association with different people from other countries Making new friends aboard ships

I love working here

I have worked here over 2 years, the people are great. We have a lot of fun at work, management is very helpful all the time, I have learned a lot since I started working here, when I ask questions they are not just answered but explained. They are good about working with you on appointments and time off. Some people arrive to work at 7 some at 8 or 9 so it is flexible for early birds or for people with children in school. The hardest part of the job is the closeout of each month and it's not even hard, just busy and everyone works together as a team so when one is finished we help the other person, other departments and even other locations. I'd recommend this company to anyone who is willing to be a part of a team!

Nepotism and terrible management

This is a terrible company to work for. Management is completely unprofessional and the only people who are treated fairly are all related to each other and the Corporate HR doesn’t have a clue. They don’t even give annual raises.

Pros

Cons

Terrible morale and horrible management

Terrible Management

Could be a great job, but unfortunately upper management is terrible. Promotions are given out to family members and those who look to scheme and hurt others

Awful place to work

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at AMSPEC is terrible Overworked,underpaid, they never have no help for you and the environment is negative,especially at the office

Horrible company to work for!

Managment shout (loudly) at staff in an open plan office. I dont know what was worse - witnessing someone being shouted at and humiliated - or being shouted at yourself ! Lots of backstabbing and two faced staff! If your face doesn't fit - you'll be out!!I would give this extremley unprofessional company a zero if I could. No people skills whatsoever!!

Pros

Friday 5pm

LPG Department: I would not recommend it

Management has little to no concern for their workers health and safety. They accept more jobs than we can handle and expect the Inspector to cover it. This sometimes means you will work 18+ hours, Carry 100's of pounds of equipment when its not safe, put you at risk of being exposed to toxic chemical and other safety hazards, etc.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMSPEC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AMSPEC