AMT Coffee Ltd logo
AMT Coffee Ltd
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AMT Coffee Ltd Employee Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

No support from higher management

No work/life balance, poor hygiene, bonus is a joke. Rules in regards mystery customer, nonsense... no one cares about maintenance but they expect you to hit the targets. Only positive thing are regular customers

uneducated, unorganized, unprofessional

very low professional level in this company and too much blame game in this company, blaming each other for their own mistakes, they will call you to work anytime they think and send you home from work whenever management feel its quite business no fixed certain hours of work.

Pros

I will add if I find some

Cons

long list of them not enough space

Horrendous

Do not even contemplate a career or job with this company. They talk a very good talk but deliver nothing. Once you're through the door, you're told you are lucky to work for them.

Pros

Expenses

Cons

The Directors, the "leadership" team

Really stressful place

The pay rate is rediqulous for the amount of work you have to doo the managment dont care about you thus place is really bad to work for so if have a chance dont go here youll regret it not enough hours also so so bad place and people

Easy but not worth the money.

You work weird hours from 4o'clock in the morning to 11pm depending on what they need. Hard to get 40h per week so you can get a decent salary to survive on this area. Good people, management 5 stars, the work is fairly easy and great if you like customer service.

Want to know what they think about their staff?

During the Corona virus pandemic, despite the fact that the government announced that they would cover 80% of ANY company's individual staff's wages as long as they kept them on the payroll. What did they decide to do instead? Let a lot of their staff go so that, instead of them getting 80% of their wages (at no cost to them) they get absolutely no wages whatsoever.

Pros

You get paid occasionally

Cons

They care nothing about their staff at all.

Hard to find good things to say.

Training is by your fellow baristas even when they have been barely trained. Very early start and no incentives. The bonus scheme is not worth it at least for the baristas. After someone from head office would come over we would be told that all that we were doing was wrong (keep in mind we had no support or training whatsoever ) ! I was lucky my colleagues were fantastic and our manager (officially supervisor ) was good to us. I became a very fast barista, and even faster multitasker. Made good friends. Really, really, really hope they improved.

Pros

People you work with

Cons

lack of management, low pay for the work we do, paying for your meals, 3 coffees per shift, no training, uk head office just ignored Ireland .

Terrible

Place is chaotic, general menager is racists and for that reason lots of employes left .....very sad place to work employes after 2 weeks of working are Looking for a new job

it’s really awful experience

There's no life balance sometimes they gave good hours per week and sometimes no ,it's zero hour contract as well as they don't care about them employees and quality, healthy and safety policies for customers and employees, and you will get very poor training to do the awful coffee, just they want you to be faster as you can, management is completely poor and rude, it's really not good experience

stressful

they don't care about the employees, zero hours contract and the daily targets are really high, short staff every day and no breaks during the shifts. sometimes i worked till the closing time (8PM) and opened the day after (5AM/6AM). the worst job i had in my life

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AMT Coffee Ltd?

Low pay, not many hours. No team spirit and spend most of your time on your own.

The pay isn't great, they don't offer you many hours. Useful for a student but don't work here if you want full time hours. There's very little opportunities to advance, you spend a lot of time on your own with no other co workers. There is not much team spirit here, you don't feel valued as a worker. Overall, unless you're a student or looking for part time work, wouldn't recommend.

highly stressfull, and felt i was bullied on a daily basis from managment.

i would not recommend working here, you will always be left alone to work long hours, a very poor attitude from management to all staff. this was truly one of the most miserable working experiences of my career.

Huge company with bad Manager and Supervisor

Great and multinational company with old rules and a bad management and relationship with their employees. Salary is bad when you compare how many activities you have to do with no enough time and the company size. Once you are not "friend" or do not do what they want, you are a bad employee and you cannot get a better position.

Small coffee chain

AMT is UK coffee chain, privately owned. Its small coffee kiosks are mostly placed at rail stations and bigger shops are based in hospitals. It is mostly weekday business with weekends and bank holidays being very quiet.

Brilliant place to work!

AMT is a company that really strives to be ethical! I was drawn to the company because of their pledge to cut out all plastic packaging, and I’m proud to be part of a group making real, noticeable changes to our environment. Fair-trade and Fair-tax also! The team at AMT’s Newcastle bar are working hard to provide the best standard of service possible, and the job is rewarding at all levels, with realistic and achievable bonus schemes.

Lots of career opportunities

Great company to work for- lots of career progression opportunities. Given a lot of autonomy and freedom to deliver results in your own style. Fantastic colleagues and atmosphere.

Incredible place

I’m so glad to be a part of the AMT coffee team. All people working here are always supportive, understanding and helpful. I have been working for AMT coffee for a month and I already feel like a member of the AMT family. The management and staff provide great training, so that after a short time you can feel confident in what you do and that you do it properly. I fully recommend this place to work if you want to learn something new every day!

Company which has a lot to learn

Great example of a company, which is sacrificing own success. The job is a job and it is as hard as we make it, if people expect to come to work and not to do anything, of course it's hard, on other hand, if the team works together, it can be great fun and rewarding job. The same for managers. Some are great leaders and some of them just lazy bug..rs!!! Head Office? Very separated from employees across the bars,better communication and support is needed. Area managers? Too pushy on the verge of bullying, which create extra stress and resistance to do the job. Not properly qualified to do their job an full of buls...t!! Maybe time to be honest and engage with people who do the job for you ... Especially the London ones. Training - there were good times, once we had trainer, she actually really cared about people and their development. Word of advice: ''Company success depends on success of its people'' wake up, invest in people and they will invest in company.

Pros

some great people - majority of them gone

Cons

too much workload

stressfull

There is a lot of stresses in this job and people are generally only worried about themselves and doing bare minimum. Some of the customers are great and you can have a real laugh but you also have to put up with rude ones.

Productive and fun work place

It was good working in AMT on Airport there was alot of reasons for that . I learn how to do customer service on another level and talk to your customer by the time you are making coffee for him/her it was funny to hear some stories from where they been and where they will go. Hardest part of the job was deal with other people stress and work with them on days like weekends when its busy and u need to be fast not talk to much with your collegue. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who got experience and who can show you how to be faster and organised . THANK YOU AMT.

People enjoy coming to work and feel appreciated, acknowledged and rewarded.

Responsible for the design and production of POS, packaging, print, web and social media projects from concept to completion. Collaborating in campaign photo shoots and producing in-house photography. Liaising with printers and internal stakeholders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMT Coffee Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9