AMT Coffee Ltd

AMT Coffee Ltd Employee Reviews

2.7Work–Life Balance

Good Job for temporary basis

I worked in AMT for about a year in an Irish site, management from England never contacted our branch, worked mostly by myself which I didn’t mind but got tedious some days.

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Poor Management

Work for free

Not really a good place to work. Assistant managers cannot be friends of the staff. Whatsupp management! Long shift 10 /16 h and long week over 60 h per week. On top, the work follow you at home and for free Disrespect from who is above you, confusion, no training To get a good morning or a thanks is just a wish.

not enjoyable

long hour shifts not interesting at all. No 9-5, either work really early or really late. Goes from really busy to really quiet never get to rest on your feet whole shift.

lazy unproffesional

Its the worst company to work if you are a non east European. the top management is filled with east European people( at least at guys hospital) who can not even speak proper English i wonder how they got the job. The east European supervisor sits and lets the non east European supervisor work. They will accuse you of not working helping when they cant even talk in proper english and their english accent is pathetic and funny

Not worth the pay or hassle

Upper management are very disrespectful of staff. No work life balance. Shifts are long and there’s no real shift pattern. Lots restrictions on working like you’re not allowed to request specific days off. Everything is watched and scrutinised by management. It’s gross misconduct to take tips. The party line is ‘we are fair trade’ and ‘have biodegradable cups’ so that makes up for staff not getting tips. The pay is also 10cent above minimum wage for baristas. Supervisors get 10.50 to do the job of an assistant manager. Staff are allowed 2 free teas or coffees per shift, 50% off ONE food item, 50% off ONE snack and 50% off ONE bottled drink or smoothies. This still leaves a sandwich at around €3 and this is very closely monitored.

Pros

2 free drinks per shift

Cons

Long hours, no work life balance, disrespectful management

Fun place to work

It was a pleasure to work there. The colleagues were amazing, the management was nice and kind. The shifts were great and it was amazing to provide great customer service.

Fun and rewarding

A brilliant company to work for! It’s a privately owned, family company which values its employees. Plenty of autonomy and opportunities for development and career progression if you’re willing to work hard. Loads of internal promotions- vast majority of assistant/ managers and area managers have been internally promoted.

Pros

Hard work is recognised and rewarded

Great environment to work in!

With regular customers greeting you and making conversations with you everyday, it's had not to feel bad working there. The work you do isn't too hard either, although it's not for you if you're not a morning person. The salary was good too. Also, it tends to get really busy in the morning so it's not for someone who gets frustrated easily.

Pros

great customers, perfect location

Cons

early morning shifts

fun workplace

Hard work but rewarding in the long run with the supportive management team. I learned to work on my own initiative here but also the importance of teamwork and relying on each other for a smooth running of a shift. Extremely busy workplace so improved the skill of working under pressure.

Pros

staff discounts, supportful workplace

very fun working place

it was my secound important job here. i remember that was very smal place where i was working with 3 person more, my work area was like a meter around me

Not worth it

i worked there for a month and all the staff and management was on their phones all the time the new people were being left in the bar on their own to do all the work, the new people were given the tasks noone wanted to do, we were spoken down to and had voices raised at us

Not good at all

knew instantly n my first shift that this job was not good but decided to stick it out and give it a chance. You are left alone in a freezing cold or boiling hot station for long periods of time. You serve thousands of people each day whilst making drinks at the same time. If your till is minus even £0.01p it it taken from your salary. If you make a mistake with any drink that comes out of your salary. Zero hour contract and managers use this as a threat for under performance. Awful culture and you come away tired and depressed after every shift.

Pros

Cant think of any

Cons

Culture and management

Productive and fun workplace

At the moment I’m working as a Barista at AMT Coffee shop. The job environment and staff are friendly and one big family. Which is helpful and enthusiastic.

Not the greatest if you're a sociable person

Like all coffee shops, fast paced, kept on your feet the whole day, time goes fast when busy but slow when it's not so busy. Typical. However, I resigned on my fifth day at St Thomas hospital. Truth be told, regardless of getting training, they put you by yourself for a whole day and expect you to know how to manage the banking stuff on your own after only seeing how its done Once. It takes a while getting used to but I was expected to know by my second day. Colleagues are ok but no one likes to say Hello. They're hard working but thats all it is. No smiles unless its at a customer, no communication unless you make an effort first. I learnt how to make a few drinks which was the only pro, pay was good but really not worth my time or effort. Oh, and as flexible as they are about shifts -so they say, i found myself being on the rota for 6.30am starts... which was not told to me in the begining. Getting to the station in my local area that early in the morning is pretty unsafe, however this was not even regarded, asked about or taken into consideration.

Pros

big discount on food and free coffee

Cons

long hours, unsociable people

productive and fun workplace

the best thing about working there was being able to make peoples days with the drink you make for them. the worst thing about working there was cleaning the equipment after a long day.

Long hours, Low pay and no managment support!

Worked in Glasgow and to be honest it's probably the worst job of ever had, the management team are to busy taking days off and "quiting" without notice to realise the shop was going downhill. Most staff struggle to follow basic instructions as the so called induction explaines nothing. Ant good staff that do work here eventually leave because they are tiers of the long hours, minimum breaks and low pay never mind the fact the assistant manager is power mad!

Pros

2 free staff drinks this is litrally all you are not even allowex to have a tip jar in the shop

Cons

Long hours, 30min breaks no matter how long the shift, rubbish managment, rubbish head office.

Fun workplace

AMT Coffee was a place where it was really fun to work, since it is located at a busy Dublin Airport it was sometimes a bit stressful but support of the management and coworkers made it all more relaxed. I've enjoyed the opportunity to work shifts that allowed me to work and meet my personal time with my baby which was nicely synchronised in a way that going to work was more of a pleasure then a necessity.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Long time standing

Boring and dishonest

Disrespectful and evil-spirited people play the boss. Whatever is bad or the day is not busy enough. This your fault! Work without respect and without appreciation. Work without contract! The payment is the minimum. You have to pay your food and your break. 4 months was too much to work here!

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Less hours

fun workplace

It has been pleasure to be part of this team, but I have to move forward. improve your communication skills good environment customer service enjoyable part of the day- busy times,,, time is flying

Pros

sale for staff

Cons

long day

Productive and Fun Place to Work

I loved the time while I worked there, I was studying at the same time and I always find the support I needed to continue my studies. My area manager was very good and a really nice person.

Not what I expected but Coffee is great

I did leave because I found disrespectful the way my manager was treated so I'm working with my previous manager somewhere else. it seems good people are not retain nor value and my manager was extremely dedicated to do things the correct way. my manager got the best of me as no previous one did.i like to work with people who are fair and honest. Coffee good but long hours in small unit can be hard. they should change this so customers get same service all day long.AMT can be great place to work If they care more about those who are good.

Pros

Coffee is good and Milkshakes too.

Cons

long hours shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMT Coffee Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AMT Coffee Ltd