AMT Coffee Ltd

AMT Coffee Ltd Employee Reviews for Barista

Barista55 reviews

2.7Work–Life Balance

Good Job for temporary basis

I worked in AMT for about a year in an Irish site, management from England never contacted our branch, worked mostly by myself which I didn’t mind but got tedious some days.

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Poor Management

Avoid

The company is ok But:Avoid this place to work No life balance The manager does not care about you ,and there is no life balance.Avoid this place .Fair payment as well.

Good first job

I work at amt coofee for 1 year the place was nice and the team member was helpful, the management was not nice if you had a problem was never solve and I was working alone on the evening

Horrendous company to work for!!!!

Near to no training…. Expected to do things that are not in my contract. Area manager and HR manager are as useful as a waterproof tea bag. When you tell management about issues about your unit they don’t listen. Great that you get food half price still cheaper to go to Tesco and get a meal deal for the prices they charge! On a plus side you get a couple of drinks on shift but that’s about it. The six months I was with this company was a waste of time and do not recommend!

Amazing team but fast-paced environment

AMT York, based in the train station, can be a fast-paced and occasionally stressful workplace. That being said, the team themselves are all incredibly welcoming and kind people that are more than happy to welcome anyone into the team. I do feel at times AMT is understaffed and relies on the few Baristas to make up hours - which can result in long shifts where you’re standing on your feet all day. As well as this, the staff can be treated poorly at times (not necessarily by the Manager themself, yet rather by Higher Ups and the company itself). The company insists on a smart dress code which can be hard in Summertime as the bar itself has no air-conditioning or fan to cool the staff down (sometimes reaching highs of 30/40 degrees). Overall the job itself is well-paid, with friendly staff and management.

Pros

Good pay, lovely staff

Cons

Long hours, Very hot in Summer and very cold in Winter

No structure and the higher management don't care

Had to chase higher management to get paid on time. Lack of communication in the company.Funky position namesSenior Operations/Operations/Area/Project but all seem to be clueless of what is going on and just get paid and do nothing.

Management care about profits not staff!

very little structure, if any, poor pay, no organisation, poor processes, inadequate support, inexperienced staff, recruitment didn't have a clue what they were doing and organisation has no regard for work-life balance.

Cons

Poor Pay, No work-life Balance, No Structure or progression, Create job roles for the sake of it, inexperience staff and poor processes.

Fun place to work

Love working for AMT Always a new day, customers and staff are great. Great management. No long days/nights which are fab, weekend shifts are very rare. Overall fab to work for

Pros

Free drinks, flexible hours, friendly customers friendlsy staff, refer friend bonus

Avoid this company

To start with this company tell you how much you are valued and then once you are in the job the pressure starts.You don't get breaks you don't get looked after and you are supposed to be all call 7 days a week. You get disturbed on your day off and it is all about the work and how good the company is.Save yourself the misery and don't apply for this job.

Pros

3 free coffees a day

Cons

Rubbish shifts. All weekend shifts no help and area manager is constantly ringing you.

Ok

Fun with staff less fun when manager was in, drinks were nice so was food when in date, customers could be nice when they wasn’t having a bad day, area manager was rude however

Good and challenging place.

There is a lot of tasks to make and that makes time roll quick. Can be challenging when it is busy but everyone manages. Very difficult to manage a 24h bar like in the airport so it became chaotic between shifts.

Pros

Experienced staff is very supporting, Highest barista salary in Dublin, Good for working there about 4 months before getting tired.

Cons

Some staff dont make good their job and you have to make double. Plus, people where very untidy and disorganized. No meals on staff, just discount.

Stay Away

This company is a one big joke. They paying peanuts and expecting you to be a cyborg with electronic scale in your hands. Horrible management and work conditions, stay away.

Cons

Some employees had problem with hours and we did not have paid on time. Lot of mistakes on payslips. Managment was not happy to help with it. Staff was amazing.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Managment Salary

Dont waste your time

Head office are useless and they don't care about you. Area managers expect you to do everything and not get paid. You are taken advantage of all the time. Pay is terrible too

Pros

Good team spirit

Cons

Long hours, no breàks and you get moaned àt if there is no staff . Plus you are expected to do a double shift

No support from higher management

No work/life balance, poor hygiene, bonus is a joke. Rules in regards mystery customer, nonsense... no one cares about maintenance but they expect you to hit the targets. Only positive thing are regular customers

Really stressful place

The pay rate is rediqulous for the amount of work you have to doo the managment dont care about you thus place is really bad to work for so if have a chance dont go here youll regret it not enough hours also so so bad place and people

Easy but not worth the money.

You work weird hours from 4o'clock in the morning to 11pm depending on what they need. Hard to get 40h per week so you can get a decent salary to survive on this area. Good people, management 5 stars, the work is fairly easy and great if you like customer service.

Hard to find good things to say.

Training is by your fellow baristas even when they have been barely trained. Very early start and no incentives. The bonus scheme is not worth it at least for the baristas. After someone from head office would come over we would be told that all that we were doing was wrong (keep in mind we had no support or training whatsoever ) ! I was lucky my colleagues were fantastic and our manager (officially supervisor ) was good to us. I became a very fast barista, and even faster multitasker. Made good friends. Really, really, really hope they improved.

Pros

People you work with

Cons

lack of management, low pay for the work we do, paying for your meals, 3 coffees per shift, no training, uk head office just ignored Ireland .

it’s really awful experience

There's no life balance sometimes they gave good hours per week and sometimes no ,it's zero hour contract as well as they don't care about them employees and quality, healthy and safety policies for customers and employees, and you will get very poor training to do the awful coffee, just they want you to be faster as you can, management is completely poor and rude, it's really not good experience

stressful

they don't care about the employees, zero hours contract and the daily targets are really high, short staff every day and no breaks during the shifts. sometimes i worked till the closing time (8PM) and opened the day after (5AM/6AM). the worst job i had in my life

Low pay, not many hours. No team spirit and spend most of your time on your own.

The pay isn't great, they don't offer you many hours. Useful for a student but don't work here if you want full time hours. There's very little opportunities to advance, you spend a lot of time on your own with no other co workers. There is not much team spirit here, you don't feel valued as a worker. Overall, unless you're a student or looking for part time work, wouldn't recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMT Coffee Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AMT Coffee Ltd