Ancora Psychiatric Hospital

Ancora Psychiatric Hospital Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Good place to work. Just extremely boring

Working the back shifts you're all by yourself which makes for a long night. Boilers are out dated as well as everything else. Most work is subcontracted so you can only work so much. If you're just looking for a paycheck or easy retirement, this is the place for you. Besides that the staff is incredible.

Benefits

Cons

Boring

Teamwork and everyone is on the same page when it comes to the client

Very educational fun exciting and some days are very trying but just keep it professional it's a smile on your face and the job will run smooth you go to different classes

Pros

Never receive free lunches we pay for our lunch on holidays we will get free lunches

Cons

You were allowed to take short breaks and excellent healthcare and corehead for the workers

Terrible place to work

It’s gone downhill due to poor management. Dangerous place to work and the people in charge can’t figure out how to make it safe or how to keep employees happy enough to stay. Always short staffed.

Horrible Place, wouldn't recommend

It was very unsafe and unclean for both staff and clients. POORLY managed. There was little to no progression for about 70% of both staff and clients. Staff was forced to work extra hours due to not having enough staff. Both staff and clients were attacked and they pretty much had to deal with it. Clients are treated like kids and are not prepared or "Rehabilitated" for outside communities.

No one is your friend there. They are all backstabbers

During my stay here, there was a lot going on. Patients being very aggressive, staff being aggressive, emotional, physical, and se**al abuse on the patients place was nuts

Pros

State job

Cons

Co workers

No one will like you

My dream was to work with the mentally ill and make things a little better. This place does not care about their employees. Everyones rude and although the pay was above minimum wage, I feel like I should have gotten more for the dangers involved.

Pros

the patients

Cons

pay, environment, coworkers

Immediate supervisor is one of fairest people I have worked for.

Everyday is different! You could have your day completely planned out and something comes up and changes it all. Makes for an interesting work day! Balance between work and home.

Just okay

Typical of a state run facility. People don’t follow the rules and treatment malls were taken away from patients. Just an okay place to work. No one cares about their jobs.

Awful staff

The staff members have such a negative attitude about working there and show an extreme lack of empathy to the patients. Patients are scared to ask for water, clothes, etc because of the response from workers.

Pros

hour breaks

Cons

toxic work environment

Rn do not recommend

Favoritism and nepotism. Per diems are treated unfairly hence relief oncoming shift everyone is late. Lack of respect for per diem nurses. Unsafe environment

Pros

Flexible scheduling, some of the staff members are amazing

Cons

More then can I can mention, lack of respect from current staff, relief is frequently late on purpose, inability to keep staff due to these conditions.

Could be so much better

The pay and benefits are very good but the administration is disorganized and basically just reacts to problems rather than developing a strategic plan for improvement. Good employees become frustrated and leave and unfortunately this impacts patient care. It could be so much better with a new administrative team

Pros

Pay and benefit package

Cons

Too many to list

A rewarding place to work

Ancora Psychiatric Hospital is the right place to work if you are looking to develop your skills and enhance your trainings. They offer excellent benefits package to their full-time employees and salary is very competitive. Like every other hospital, Ancora has it's own challenges and demands, but the Nurses and staff are the best that I've worked with in my 29 years of experience as an RN! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hospital if you love Psychiatric Nursing!!

Pros

Excellent benefit package

Cons

Occasional staff shortage

Biased

Ancora has potential to be great. But the staffing is horrible!!!! I also feel like there is a culture barrier and sometimes feel outcasted because of my ethnicity.

Ancora

if and only if you are experienced with working with mental illness then you could try this place out. dont count on management to help most of them are only paper pushers. the union will be your best friend.

Pros

overtime

Cons

mandated overtime

The job gets done at a fast pace.

Managers are willing to help if needed. Coworkers work together to help job go by easier. Work/life is good because you can choose either first or second shift. Yes weekends also.

Many training opportunities

I enjoy working with patients and other clinicians. There are many training opportunities. There is currently a shortage of direct care staff which can be challenging.

Dont do it

20 years meant nothing to them union sucks. No flexibility mandating emergency shifts due to weather. No relief have to stay 2 shifts. Gave my life to ancora and fired me for being late.not finding out what's going on.

Patients

I like helping individuals who need advocacy support their journey to wellness. Every day is different, always be prepare for unusual situations to resolve.

me review summary

The place is a fun place to work and it prepares some of the patients for discharge to the community. The facility offers a lot of activities like volleyball, basketball and playing cards. Clients are taken on trips to different places like the zoo and go shopping monthly. The hardest part of the job is when patients act up and hurt somebody or themselves. It's feels rewarding and enjoyable watching everyone working as a team and the patients being compliant responding well to treatments.

Lack of staff, not up to date with record keeping

It seems like there is always a lack of staff and at a facility like this, it is critical to have staff. About 95% of records are paper, and color coded so bring your old multi colored pen!

Very Rewarding

Learned about patient care and recovery, also while providing a culture of safety. Learned Diets and how to handle mental needs clients. mental first aide training offered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ancora Psychiatric Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ancora Psychiatric Hospital