ANZ Banking Group

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

Found 81 reviews matching the search See all 1,047 reviews
stressful and poor training
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington13 January 2020
The call center is one of the bottoms lines, Training was just trying to meet the deadline, instead of quality training. Soon you will be pushed into the deep end. Employee retention is very low. If you want to suicide your career here is the place.
fun and challenging
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  New Zealand4 December 2019
I enjoyed working for ANZ, we had our busy day and relax days and also very challenging as their were so much different products to learned and remember to easily make a sale and complete the sale. The hardest part of the job is when I don't keep up knowing my products, so it was hard for me to sell and answer the customer's enquiries, so I think outside the box and refer the customer to an appropriate consultant, and hopefully the consultant will get a sale. Management excellent, we get on well and helpful in any difficult situation arises within my part. The most enjoyable part of the job is towards the end of the day when we all balanced and enjoy a laugh with our Manager and colleagues. Typical day when the door opens in the morning and a customer walked in not happy with their bankings. But of course we are trained to deal with unhappy clients. So they walk in their way and walk out in our way. So another word they walk in unhappy and walk out with a happy smile.
Stressfull targets
Senior Service Consultant (Rangiora Branch) (Former Employee) –  Rangiora, Canterbury9 November 2019
Was a goodplace to work 10 years ago , now it just looks after share holders not staff. Would never work there again . Management not experienced and rely on older staff then treat them badly so they leave.
Awesome place to work
Senior Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) –  Auckland30 August 2019
Apart from few exceptions, This place is awesome to work at. The Work life balance is really good. Overall the working culture is awesome.Good place to stay for long term.
productive
Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty19 August 2019
This place allows a lot of things to recreate and sharpen up your talents and then to move around in the oraganisation and move foward in this banking system.
Great employer in New Zealand
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Zealand24 June 2019
Great employer who is forward thinking in regards to work life balance. There seems to be a lot of room for career progression if you stand out and outperform as an employee.
Pros
Flexibility, supportive leadership
Cons
Bureaucratic processes, slow moving
Great culture
Business Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand21 May 2019
My experience at ANZ New Zealand was that it is values focused, with respect, collaboration and open communication driving an excellent culture. It also supported an excellent work life balance.
ANZ is committed to ensuring our workplace welcomes, supports and celebrates the unique contributions of every employee. ANZ thrives to build creative
Digital Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand2 March 2019
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment.

The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Pros
Free lunches, Wifi, Career building programs
great staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellerslie, Auckland19 September 2018
Staff were great however, alot of favourtism in the company and issues regarding management was not followed up. Great location but sales targets were unrealistic
Productive & fun work place
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 September 2018
Excellent Management & Team members.
People skills and team support avaliable on call.
Workplace culture was not a problem.
No two days are the same. Different views when customers enter the business.
Pros
Always training avaliable
Cons
needed to speak up when required
Can be highly rewarding but stressful too.
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland4 September 2018
I have worked here for 7 years. It was a great place to work in given you are willing to work weekends and late nights. You also need to be prepared for ALOT of changes and increase in target requirements every year. The way that they introduced new products or requirements or even their training was fun, but it could also be a very high stress environment if you are not performing or you can not find a balance between your work and home. The change of managers are always happening & you need to learn to get used to your new management or you would not be happy working. The enjoyable part of the job however is the customers and the team you work with. Also learning new things everyday could either be rewarding or could land you in a terrible spot. Very hard to be too careful as you also need to be doing things in a timely manner as well. There are many different cultured people to work with however & once you make a friend, you will never forget them.
Pros
Insurance packages, Vero card for discounts, Yearly share pay out
Cons
Incentives are almost impossible to get, wage is standard not high
No formal training & systems straight out of the 80s & 90s
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland21 August 2018
The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming.
Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated.
The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with.
No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly.
Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management.
Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits.
Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz.
No benefits for friends and family either.
Pros
Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break
Cons
Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks
ANZ Banking Group
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 August 2018
I was at ANZ for 12 years
A typical Day at work is processing and approving loan applications, opening accounts etc.
I got my values through ANZ. I've learnt team player skills working together as a team. I networked with the customer service agents and was able to deliver sales for them.
Had a great management team for team leaders to the over all management. I had a great repoire with all my leaders as I saw a few in my tenure there
Work place culture was made up of different nationalities from Indian, Chinese, Maori's, Tongan's etc. I loved the different ethnic groups also I'm Marrying a Samoan. We had a fun culture we just enjoyed working with each other. Always had shared lunches together also we had times to recap on our day and played fun quizzes every day.
Hardest part I felt about the job is getting different loans approved other than that I loved every moment I spent at ANZ. I had to leave ANZ due to my Karaoke Business taking off and it was affecting my health so had to give up something so I gave up my Paid job to pursue my passion
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
The Hours
Nice Work/Life Balance Environment
Senior DevOps/System Engineer - Cloud Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Zealand21 July 2018
Very challenging environment to work on.. Everyday is a different day. Solid Infrastructure and really complex environments to look after. Need to use my full potential and skills
Pros
Nice Working environment
Cons
not many opportunities for career development
Good Workplace
Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Zealand20 July 2018
ANZ are a very good company to work for, they treat their staff well and have a strong sense of equality. They offer fantastic opportunities for promotions and career progressions.
An organisation focus on the customers
Business Banking Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato, NZ25 June 2018
I am very proud to be here to help with our valuable customers' banking needs and to grow with my company together. As one of the four biggest banks in New Zealand, it has consistent brand recognition.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Data Manager/customer service (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington19 June 2018
busy, challenging, exciting. Plenty of online courses to give you a good knowledge base. Team managers were fatastic as was the workplace culture.

Hardest part of the job was the lack of cover for leave and sickness

Most enjoyable part was the interaction with the team and other teams within the bank everyone is very supportive
Pros
Opportunity to advance your career
Cons
constant restructuring
Challenging & Rewarding
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  South Auckland, Auckland15 June 2018
Everyday is different, lots of good days and a few days that would stretch you. I enjoyed working with a great bunch of colleagues and I was empowered to do my job.
The hardest part was have to deal with angry/aggressive customers and the constant demands of a high performing branch.
I learnt so much during my time with ANZ; the training provided is excellent, both internal & external. All the training that I received certainly helped me out in other roles.
Pros
Great support, free parking, great benefits, great people
Cons
good company to work with
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington29 May 2018
well known company to work with and to gain experience. great working culture and lot of support and opportunity to grow with. Sometime you can feel the pressure.
Productive and fun work place
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland13 March 2018
Team leaders encourage growth within the company and look after their staff. The communication between management and staff is amazing and there is no divide.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.