ANZ Banking Group logo
ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Found 88 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,127 reviews

Good employer if you find the right job

My time at anz was pretty good. the contact centre is kinda average though. The amount of support and training they can give you is amazing. The pressure to succeed... not some much

Pros

Salary, amazing resources to support you

Cons

Expectations

Not recommended

Trainers were quick to bully new employees. When we tried to speak out or question something with learning aspects, we were shut down and told to take on feedback more.

Pros

My friends

Cons

Bullying

Great place to work at. Fantastic facilities and a great social atmosphere

Everyday was a busy day and that made for full and fun times. Some stress but that's only to be expected in the role I had. I learnt lots of technical stuff and really enjoyed my time there

Pros

Lots of free food. Great support

Cons

With cutting edge technology, we had to learning on the run - so had to learn fast

Productive and Busy workplace

Working for ANZ Bank was a very fast pace job. You deal with many customers during your day and process a lot of requests. I enjoyed meeting new people on the daily

Competitive, stressful place to work

The team culture changed a lot over the time that I was employed by ANZ driven by targets and share of wallet that often it breed a culture of dog eat dog. The team moral often dipped as a result when those who had worked extremely hard never quite made the often fluid shifting of the goal posts and their good was never deemed good enough and thus missed out on the inaugural bonus or team perks. Sometimes just recognizing and rewarding ones efforts for what they are regardless of how they measured against their counterpart does more for ensuring staff loyalty and building trust and confidence that continually flogging dead horse.

Fun workplace

A typical day at the Bank will start with staff meeting then checking for incoming mail and prioritizing work for the day. Start with easy tasks first then get on with the rest in order of priority. One thing I learned that time management by utilizing your calendar is very important to achieve your tasks for the day. There will be a lot of interruptions i.e. phone calls and emails during the day but if you keep to your time management and make time for planning for the next day then your day will always be fun and enjoyable because of our workload are managed

Is a good company to work with

Great place for work and coffees. Good team. Great work life balance and very accommodative. Amazing site manager. On the whole a good place to work in a long run.

Pros

Good atmosphere and great people

stressful and poor training

The call center is one of the bottoms lines, Training was just trying to meet the deadline, instead of quality training. Soon you will be pushed into the deep end. Employee retention is very low. If you want to suicide your career here is the place.

Good

Overall Good. Culture has been a focus and has improved significantly. A range of opportunities are avaialble if you look for them. Managers are a mixed bag, generally they are good at what they do and the higher management and Executive level welcome communicating with them personally

fun and challenging

I enjoyed working for ANZ, we had our busy day and relax days and also very challenging as their were so much different products to learned and remember to easily make a sale and complete the sale. The hardest part of the job is when I don't keep up knowing my products, so it was hard for me to sell and answer the customer's enquiries, so I think outside the box and refer the customer to an appropriate consultant, and hopefully the consultant will get a sale. Management excellent, we get on well and helpful in any difficult situation arises within my part. The most enjoyable part of the job is towards the end of the day when we all balanced and enjoy a laugh with our Manager and colleagues. Typical day when the door opens in the morning and a customer walked in not happy with their bankings. But of course we are trained to deal with unhappy clients. So they walk in their way and walk out in our way. So another word they walk in unhappy and walk out with a happy smile.

Jobs at ANZ Banking Group

See more jobs

Stressfull targets

Was a goodplace to work 10 years ago , now it just looks after share holders not staff. Would never work there again . Management not experienced and rely on older staff then treat them badly so they leave.

Awesome place to work

Apart from few exceptions, This place is awesome to work at. The Work life balance is really good. Overall the working culture is awesome.Good place to stay for long term.

productive

This place allows a lot of things to recreate and sharpen up your talents and then to move around in the oraganisation and move foward in this banking system.

Great employer in New Zealand

Great employer who is forward thinking in regards to work life balance. There seems to be a lot of room for career progression if you stand out and outperform as an employee.

Pros

Flexibility, supportive leadership

Cons

Bureaucratic processes, slow moving

Great culture

My experience at ANZ New Zealand was that it is values focused, with respect, collaboration and open communication driving an excellent culture. It also supported an excellent work life balance.

ANZ is committed to ensuring our workplace welcomes, supports and celebrates the unique contributions of every employee. ANZ thrives to build creative

ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.

Pros

Free lunches, Wifi, Career building programs

great staff

Staff were great however, alot of favourtism in the company and issues regarding management was not followed up. Great location but sales targets were unrealistic

Productive & fun work place

Excellent Management & Team members. People skills and team support avaliable on call. Workplace culture was not a problem. No two days are the same. Different views when customers enter the business.

Pros

Always training avaliable

Cons

needed to speak up when required

Can be highly rewarding but stressful too.

I have worked here for 7 years. It was a great place to work in given you are willing to work weekends and late nights. You also need to be prepared for ALOT of changes and increase in target requirements every year. The way that they introduced new products or requirements or even their training was fun, but it could also be a very high stress environment if you are not performing or you can not find a balance between your work and home. The change of managers are always happening & you need to learn to get used to your new management or you would not be happy working. The enjoyable part of the job however is the customers and the team you work with. Also learning new things everyday could either be rewarding or could land you in a terrible spot. Very hard to be too careful as you also need to be doing things in a timely manner as well. There are many different cultured people to work with however & once you make a friend, you will never forget them.

Pros

Insurance packages, Vero card for discounts, Yearly share pay out

Cons

Incentives are almost impossible to get, wage is standard not high

No formal training & systems straight out of the 80s & 90s

The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming. Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated. The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with. No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly. Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management. Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits. Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz. No benefits for friends and family either.

Pros

Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break

Cons

Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks

ANZ Banking Group

I was at ANZ for 12 years A typical Day at work is processing and approving loan applications, opening accounts etc. I got my values through ANZ. I've learnt team player skills working together as a team. I networked with the customer service agents and was able to deliver sales for them. Had a great management team for team leaders to the over all management. I had a great repoire with all my leaders as I saw a few in my tenure there Work place culture was made up of different nationalities from Indian, Chinese, Maori's, Tongan's etc. I loved the different ethnic groups also I'm Marrying a Samoan. We had a fun culture we just enjoyed working with each other. Always had shared lunches together also we had times to recap on our day and played fun quizzes every day. Hardest part I felt about the job is getting different loans approved other than that I loved every moment I spent at ANZ. I had to leave ANZ due to my Karaoke Business taking off and it was affecting my health so had to give up something so I gave up my Paid job to pursue my passion

Pros

Free Fruit

Cons

The Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ANZ Banking Group