ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

productive
Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty19 August 2019
This place allows a lot of things to recreate and sharpen up your talents and then to move around in the oraganisation and move foward in this banking system.
Great employer in New Zealand
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Zealand24 June 2019
Great employer who is forward thinking in regards to work life balance. There seems to be a lot of room for career progression if you stand out and outperform as an employee.
Pros
Flexibility, supportive leadership
Cons
Bureaucratic processes, slow moving
Great culture
Business Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand21 May 2019
My experience at ANZ New Zealand was that it is values focused, with respect, collaboration and open communication driving an excellent culture. It also supported an excellent work life balance.
ANZ is committed to ensuring our workplace welcomes, supports and celebrates the unique contributions of every employee. ANZ thrives to build creative
Digital Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand2 March 2019
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment.

The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Pros
Free lunches, Wifi, Career building programs
great staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellerslie, Auckland19 September 2018
Staff were great however, alot of favourtism in the company and issues regarding management was not followed up. Great location but sales targets were unrealistic
Productive & fun work place
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 September 2018
Excellent Management & Team members.
People skills and team support avaliable on call.
Workplace culture was not a problem.
No two days are the same. Different views when customers enter the business.
Pros
Always training avaliable
Cons
needed to speak up when required
Can be highly rewarding but stressful too.
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland4 September 2018
I have worked here for 7 years. It was a great place to work in given you are willing to work weekends and late nights. You also need to be prepared for ALOT of changes and increase in target requirements every year. The way that they introduced new products or requirements or even their training was fun, but it could also be a very high stress environment if you are not performing or you can not find a balance between your work and home. The change of managers are always happening & you need to learn to get used to your new management or you would not be happy working. The enjoyable part of the job however is the customers and the team you work with. Also learning new things everyday could either be rewarding or could land you in a terrible spot. Very hard to be too careful as you also need to be doing things in a timely manner as well. There are many different cultured people to work with however & once you make a friend, you will never forget them.
Pros
Insurance packages, Vero card for discounts, Yearly share pay out
Cons
Incentives are almost impossible to get, wage is standard not high
No formal training & systems straight out of the 80s & 90s
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland21 August 2018
The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming.
Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated.
The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with.
No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly.
Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management.
Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits.
Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz.
No benefits for friends and family either.
Pros
Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break
Cons
Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks
ANZ Banking Group
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 August 2018
I was at ANZ for 12 years
A typical Day at work is processing and approving loan applications, opening accounts etc.
I got my values through ANZ. I've learnt team player skills working together as a team. I networked with the customer service agents and was able to deliver sales for them.
Had a great management team for team leaders to the over all management. I had a great repoire with all my leaders as I saw a few in my tenure there
Work place culture was made up of different nationalities from Indian, Chinese, Maori's, Tongan's etc. I loved the different ethnic groups also I'm Marrying a Samoan. We had a fun culture we just enjoyed working with each other. Always had shared lunches together also we had times to recap on our day and played fun quizzes every day.
Hardest part I felt about the job is getting different loans approved other than that I loved every moment I spent at ANZ. I had to leave ANZ due to my Karaoke Business taking off and it was affecting my health so had to give up something so I gave up my Paid job to pursue my passion
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
The Hours
Nice Work/Life Balance Environment
Senior DevOps/System Engineer - Cloud Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Zealand21 July 2018
Very challenging environment to work on.. Everyday is a different day. Solid Infrastructure and really complex environments to look after. Need to use my full potential and skills
Pros
Nice Working environment
Cons
not many opportunities for career development
Good Workplace
Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Zealand20 July 2018
ANZ are a very good company to work for, they treat their staff well and have a strong sense of equality. They offer fantastic opportunities for promotions and career progressions.
An organisation focus on the customers
Business Banking Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato, NZ25 June 2018
I am very proud to be here to help with our valuable customers' banking needs and to grow with my company together. As one of the four biggest banks in New Zealand, it has consistent brand recognition.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Data Manager/customer service (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington19 June 2018
busy, challenging, exciting. Plenty of online courses to give you a good knowledge base. Team managers were fatastic as was the workplace culture.

Hardest part of the job was the lack of cover for leave and sickness

Most enjoyable part was the interaction with the team and other teams within the bank everyone is very supportive
Pros
Opportunity to advance your career
Cons
constant restructuring
Challenging & Rewarding
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  South Auckland, Auckland15 June 2018
Everyday is different, lots of good days and a few days that would stretch you. I enjoyed working with a great bunch of colleagues and I was empowered to do my job.
The hardest part was have to deal with angry/aggressive customers and the constant demands of a high performing branch.
I learnt so much during my time with ANZ; the training provided is excellent, both internal & external. All the training that I received certainly helped me out in other roles.
Pros
Great support, free parking, great benefits, great people
Cons
good company to work with
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington29 May 2018
well known company to work with and to gain experience. great working culture and lot of support and opportunity to grow with. Sometime you can feel the pressure.
Productive and fun work place
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland13 March 2018
Team leaders encourage growth within the company and look after their staff. The communication between management and staff is amazing and there is no divide.
fun
Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  featherston st wellington19 February 2018
Often very busy but surrounded by a friendly team who are always willing to help and support you. Very diverse in the areas that you can work and offers potential for lots of growth.
interesting work place
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auckland1 January 2018
Front office role, dealing initially with all customer enquiries. From opening an account to applying for a mortgage. Mostly on the job training, with little in the way of formal training.
Educational and productive
Student (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 November 2017
A typical day at work is very busy and filled with many surprises. I learnt that you need to be a good listener and understanding of other peoples backgrounds. Management was very supportive. The workplace was a fun working environment which I looked forward to go to. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the friendly customers and fellow staff.
Pros
Access to food and beverages
Cons
Sitting there when it isn't busy
positive and enjoyable workpalce
Business relationship manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand31 October 2017
- Client meetings to review/discuss existing business performance & identify potential growth strategies.
- Gather & analyse financial information, e.g previous years financial accounts & collaborate with customers to produce realistic financial projections.
- Combine all financial, business & personal information of client into a format lending application which would be approved by myself or our credit team (depending on $ value)
- Internal meetings with business unit's to discuss market activity and identify opportunity for new business.
- Build strong relationships with clients in short period of time.

ANZ had s very strong work place culture where there was great communication throughout all business units. Collaboration was a big focus for ANZ and personally it led to a lot of new business for myself simply through building networks and good communication.

The most challenging part of my role was often time management as I had a very large number of customers who typically wanted an unrealistic turnaround time.

The most enjoyable part of my role would have been building strong relationships with customers & helping them to identify, structure and achieve their business goals.
Pros
Enjoyable & rewarding job
Cons
often worked overtime due to large number customers and unpredictable timing of workload.