ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland25 reviews
Working for ANZ Bank was a very fast pace job. You deal with many customers during your day and process a lot of requests. I enjoyed meeting new people on the daily
Apart from few exceptions, This place is awesome to work at. The Work life balance is really good. Overall the working culture is awesome.Good place to stay for long term.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment.

The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Pros
Free lunches, Wifi, Career building programs
Excellent Management & Team members.
People skills and team support avaliable on call.

Workplace culture was not a problem.

No two days are the same. Different views when customers enter the business.
Pros
Always training avaliable
Cons
needed to speak up when required
The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming.
Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated.

The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with.

No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly.

Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management.

Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits.

Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz.

No benefits for friends and family either.
Pros
Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break
Cons
Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks
I was at ANZ for 12 years
A typical Day at work is processing and approving loan applications, opening accounts etc.

I got my values through ANZ. I've learnt team player skills working together as a team. I networked with the customer service agents and was able to deliver sales for them.

Had a great management team for team leaders to the over all management. I had a great repoire with all my leaders as I saw a few in my tenure there

Work place culture was made up of different nationalities from Indian, Chinese, Maori's, Tongan's etc. I loved the different ethnic groups also I'm Marrying a Samoan. We had a fun culture we just enjoyed working with each other. Always had shared lunches together also we had times to recap on our day and played fun quizzes every day.

Hardest part I felt about the job is getting different loans approved other than that I loved every moment I spent at ANZ. I had to leave ANZ due to my Karaoke Business taking off and it was affecting my health so had to give up something so I gave up my Paid job to pursue my passion
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
The Hours
Team leaders encourage growth within the company and look after their staff. The communication between management and staff is amazing and there is no divide.
Front office role, dealing initially with all customer enquiries. From opening an account to applying for a mortgage. Mostly on the job training, with little in the way of formal training.
A typical day at work is very busy and filled with many surprises. I learnt that you need to be a good listener and understanding of other peoples backgrounds. Management was very supportive. The workplace was a fun working environment which I looked forward to go to. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the friendly customers and fellow staff.
Pros
Access to food and beverages
Cons
Sitting there when it isn't busy
Great team based approach to achieving outcomes. Developed numerous skills in Operational and Compliance Risk working and adapting to new frameworks, and implementation of policy and regulation changes.
Pros
Great staff benefits
As a temp, great place to work. People were easy to get along with and very friendly. The work was easy enough to learn and I quickly advanced to a Retail Loan Officer for the duration of my employment. I had even been given tasks extraneous to my job description because I had been so efficient. They were flexible with my hours as long as I put in my 40 hours a week and got my work done. I really really miss working here.
Pros
Center of the city, wonderful coworkers, beer on Fridays at 3pm
Cons
Managers with false promises and jealousy. I miss my colleagues and the lovely memories we had with each other but unfortunately, fake people made it hard for me to stay back!
Pros
friendly colleagues, free morning teas, less pay compared to other banks which was not fair considering we were the best bank.
Cons
Managers with false promises who are selfish and fueled with jealousy.
I enjoyed working with and developing strong relationships with my clients some of whom I continue to have a working relationship.
I developed a strong affinity with overseas clients in assisting them invest in NZ and introduced them to local professionals, diretced their taxation needs and met their personal and family needs.

I developed strong relationships with other business units which resulted in a strong trust and additional business opportunities for all parties including clients.

Being an experienced business person I assisted younger colleagues with their development and social skills including working with ANZ grad programme staff.
Pros
Great colleagues and clients
Cons
Large organisation operating in silos.
Fantastic place to work with a very diverse team. I was very fortunate to work for ANZ whilst finishing my degree. This gave me the ability to apply my knowledge and learn new skills.
It's a brilliant place to work. Very encouraging of personal development and very supportive. Jobs are well paid and the perks are brilliant. They also attract some of the best minds in the business so a really good learning opportunity...
The job was dynamic and challenging. The workplace had a great family environment with great support to work like balance.

Due to flat structure there were limited fast advancement opportunities.
A very good company/bank to work for. Learned about cash handling, marketing and selling. Helping customers to achieve their financial goal by providing suitable products to them.
Pros
Free wardrobes
Working at the bank can be very stressful but I'm lucky to be surrounded by a team who are fun to work with and support each other's goals. The most enjoyable part is meeting different customers and building my own network with them and the positive feedbacks that they give me regarding my service is very rewarding!
Pros
awesome team
Cons
low pay
When work becomes passion everyday is a holiday!
The day at work starts with appointments scheduled for the week with clients who are looking to achieve their future financial goals, retirement planning and protecting their wealth and assets. Love speaking to clients, making them understand in simple easy to understand language on how investments work, why it is important to protect what they have created for themselves and securing a good retirement plan.

A good team environment makes the job a better place to work in and thankfully I have always had a good team and management to work with.

Every job I have worked in teaches me that people want to have a good experience and want to have professionals that know what their requirements are, are to the point, easy to understand, know how important their time is, that they are not measured by the amount in figures of wealth they bring in, that they can trust and be confident that their requirement is in the right hands and to be followed up on. Fortunately I have always given my clients in every job I have worked in an excellent customer experience, which I am immensely proud of.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Parking hassle
Working at ANZ Bank was really fun for me as a student especially for my work experience. Working together with all the other employees and experience how to work in a bank was really fun and a bit frustrated when its busy but overall it was really fun working at ANZ Bank.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great organisation to a be a part of and learn about banking. As an organisation ANZ is involved in a number of different things.
Pros
large organisation
Cons
Was not very impressed by some managers