ANZ Banking Group

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1,064 reviews
ANZ is committed to ensuring our workplace welcomes, supports and celebrates the unique contributions of every employee. ANZ thrives to build creative
Digital Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand2 March 2019
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment.

The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Pros
Free lunches, Wifi, Career building programs
Productive & fun work place
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 September 2018
Excellent Management & Team members.
People skills and team support avaliable on call.
Workplace culture was not a problem.
No two days are the same. Different views when customers enter the business.
Pros
Always training avaliable
Cons
needed to speak up when required
No formal training & systems straight out of the 80s & 90s
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland21 August 2018
The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming.
Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated.
The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with.
No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly.
Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management.
Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits.
Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz.
No benefits for friends and family either.
Pros
Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break
Cons
Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks
ANZ Banking Group
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 August 2018
I was at ANZ for 12 years
A typical Day at work is processing and approving loan applications, opening accounts etc.
I got my values through ANZ. I've learnt team player skills working together as a team. I networked with the customer service agents and was able to deliver sales for them.
Had a great management team for team leaders to the over all management. I had a great repoire with all my leaders as I saw a few in my tenure there
Work place culture was made up of different nationalities from Indian, Chinese, Maori's, Tongan's etc. I loved the different ethnic groups also I'm Marrying a Samoan. We had a fun culture we just enjoyed working with each other. Always had shared lunches together also we had times to recap on our day and played fun quizzes every day.
Hardest part I felt about the job is getting different loans approved other than that I loved every moment I spent at ANZ. I had to leave ANZ due to my Karaoke Business taking off and it was affecting my health so had to give up something so I gave up my Paid job to pursue my passion
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
The Hours
Productive and fun work place
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland13 March 2018
Team leaders encourage growth within the company and look after their staff. The communication between management and staff is amazing and there is no divide.
interesting work place
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auckland1 January 2018
Front office role, dealing initially with all customer enquiries. From opening an account to applying for a mortgage. Mostly on the job training, with little in the way of formal training.
Educational and productive
Student (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 November 2017
A typical day at work is very busy and filled with many surprises. I learnt that you need to be a good listener and understanding of other peoples backgrounds. Management was very supportive. The workplace was a fun working environment which I looked forward to go to. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the friendly customers and fellow staff.
Pros
Access to food and beverages
Cons
Sitting there when it isn't busy
Great work environment
Snr Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland21 August 2017
Great team based approach to achieving outcomes. Developed numerous skills in Operational and Compliance Risk working and adapting to new frameworks, and implementation of policy and regulation changes.
Pros
Great staff benefits
Centrally located back office banking services
Retail Loan Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland15 July 2017
As a temp, great place to work. People were easy to get along with and very friendly. The work was easy enough to learn and I quickly advanced to a Retail Loan Officer for the duration of my employment. I had even been given tasks extraneous to my job description because I had been so efficient. They were flexible with my hours as long as I put in my 40 hours a week and got my work done. I really really miss working here.
Pros
Center of the city, wonderful coworkers, beer on Fridays at 3pm
Cons
My work colleagues were the ones who made the environment friendly.
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland8 June 2017
Managers with false promises and jealousy. I miss my colleagues and the lovely memories we had with each other but unfortunately, fake people made it hard for me to stay back!
Pros
friendly colleagues, free morning teas, less pay compared to other banks which was not fair considering we were the best bank.
Cons
Managers with false promises who are selfish and fueled with jealousy.
Organisation with excellent opportunity across a range of skills
Director, Private Clients (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland23 May 2017
I enjoyed working with and developing strong relationships with my clients some of whom I continue to have a working relationship.
I developed a strong affinity with overseas clients in assisting them invest in NZ and introduced them to local professionals, diretced their taxation needs and met their personal and family needs.
I developed strong relationships with other business units which resulted in a strong trust and additional business opportunities for all parties including clients.
Being an experienced business person I assisted younger colleagues with their development and social skills including working with ANZ grad programme staff.
Pros
Great colleagues and clients
Cons
Large organisation operating in silos.
Career driven place
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland22 April 2017
Fantastic place to work with a very diverse team. I was very fortunate to work for ANZ whilst finishing my degree. This gave me the ability to apply my knowledge and learn new skills.
They really look after their staff
Business Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland22 April 2017
It's a brilliant place to work. Very encouraging of personal development and very supportive. Jobs are well paid and the perks are brilliant. They also attract some of the best minds in the business so a really good learning opportunity...
Great stable place to work
Manager Retail Models (Former Employee) –  Auckland18 March 2017
The job was dynamic and challenging. The workplace had a great family environment with great support to work like balance.

Due to flat structure there were limited fast advancement opportunities.
A very good company/bank to work for
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand29 August 2016
A very good company/bank to work for. Learned about cash handling, marketing and selling. Helping customers to achieve their financial goal by providing suitable products to them.
Pros
Free wardrobes
fun workplace but less pay and recognition for the amount of work put in.
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland25 July 2016
Working at the bank can be very stressful but I'm lucky to be surrounded by a team who are fun to work with and support each other's goals. The most enjoyable part is meeting different customers and building my own network with them and the positive feedbacks that they give me regarding my service is very rewarding!
Pros
awesome team
Cons
low pay
Work for passion to make a positive change
Wealth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland8 June 2016
When work becomes passion everyday is a holiday!
The day at work starts with appointments scheduled for the week with clients who are looking to achieve their future financial goals, retirement planning and protecting their wealth and assets. Love speaking to clients, making them understand in simple easy to understand language on how investments work, why it is important to protect what they have created for themselves and securing a good retirement plan.
A good team environment makes the job a better place to work in and thankfully I have always had a good team and management to work with.
Every job I have worked in teaches me that people want to have a good experience and want to have professionals that know what their requirements are, are to the point, easy to understand, know how important their time is, that they are not measured by the amount in figures of wealth they bring in, that they can trust and be confident that their requirement is in the right hands and to be followed up on. Fortunately I have always given my clients in every job I have worked in an excellent customer experience, which I am immensely proud of.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Parking hassle
Fun workplace
ANZ Bank (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N4 November 2015
Working at ANZ Bank was really fun for me as a student especially for my work experience. Working together with all the other employees and experience how to work in a bank was really fun and a bit frustrated when its busy but overall it was really fun working at ANZ Bank.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Client Services Executive (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N17 April 2015
Great organisation to a be a part of and learn about banking. As an organisation ANZ is involved in a number of different things.
Pros
large organisation
Cons
Was not very impressed by some managers
Worked hard with fun and had fun with hard work. A good mixture of both, work and play.
Commercial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand13 March 2015
Get the work done right the first time with teamwork and have regular meetings with management to promote transparency.
Checking work done the previous day for my customers by other Departments in way of loading limits, expiry dates, product type etc was done accurately.
This was a challenge as I had to rely on other Departments to get my job completed accurately therefore I had to be on top of things to getting mistakes rectified ASAP
The best part of my job was to build relationship and trust with my customers.
In this cut throat industry it was pleasing to know that customers appreciated honesty and realistic promises with deliverance and their appreciative comments and emails for a job well done made the hard work I put in well worth it.
Pros
Regular lunch dates and evening catch ups with work colleagues to promote team building., regular catch ups with Relationship Managers to set expectations right for each other.
Cons
Tight deadlines, Relationship Managers over promising customers and the honors was on me to get the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.