ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews in Wellington City, Wellington

Everyday was a busy day and that made for full and fun times. Some stress but that's only to be expected in the role I had. I learnt lots of technical stuff and really enjoyed my time there
Pros
Lots of free food. Great support
Cons
With cutting edge technology, we had to learning on the run - so had to learn fast
Great place for work and coffees. Good team. Great work life balance and very accommodative. Amazing site manager. On the whole a good place to work in a long run.
Pros
Good atmosphere and great people
Cons
Overall Good. Culture has been a focus and has improved significantly. A range of opportunities are avaialble if you look for them. Managers are a mixed bag, generally they are good at what they do and the higher management and Executive level welcome communicating with them personally
well known company to work with and to gain experience. great working culture and lot of support and opportunity to grow with. Sometime you can feel the pressure.
Customer service role. Enjoyed working with team. Only left to raise child. Would have continued working if personal life permitted. Enjoyed working with the team and day to day challenges. Enjoyed the position very much.
The pay and benefits are decent, and management is rather supportive. It's an average call centre, with normal facilities, and challenging, but good, customers.
It is always about customer satisfaction with the company which drives a lot of motivation in the organisation in doing whats right for the customer.
It is very hard to develope and to advance. Once in a position it is very hard to change or to move up despite great effort. The work/life balance is great and there are options for everybody.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
career options
everyday is a new day at work, its a phone based role, handling multiple type of enquiries over the phone including lending. Giving financial advice to customer which suits their needs. work colleagues from different background, so you can learn about their culture.
Pros
Pizzas, Vouchers, incentives, coaching, training about new products
Cons
diffrent shift bands each month
Typical day at work is starting with daily internal mails to see and be updated with the news and updates across the bank, checking any urgent requests from senior management and other stakeholders, making sure balance sheet account balances are reconciling with the system sourced download files/reports and any issues need to be resolved and be socialized with the relevant finance stakeholders. Liaising with offshore and onshore finance teams is a part of daily task. Be able to follow up on outstanding unresolved issues and be able to determine the correct adjusting entries if necessary. Daily liaising with Lending Operations team in respect to their manual updates of the line fees register which I made sure they completed correctly based on the agreed bank's processes, policies and procedures inorder for us to reconcile with the general ledger system's transaction listing and be able to raise a more complete and accurate month-end accrual and deferral journals. I learned to manage my time and worked autonomously while overseeing the tasks being done by offshore finance team members and be available to support, investigate and resolve issues. We made sure accounting and reporting timeframes are met with accuracy and integrity of the information. I was able to work collaboratively with other team members and other business units inorder to successfully consolidate and standardised some of the individual reports/reconciliation tools into one single report/reconciliation tool/model(these are mentioned as part of my achievements) The hardest part of the job is the challenge - more...
Pros
free drinks, snacks and fruits
ANZ is a great organization which cares about its staff. The staff were very down to earth. The work flow was well balanced for staff to interact with each other while still getting the job done.
My co workers are great, I made many long term friends from my time at ANZ. The best part of the job was meeting sales targets and being able to help customers with solutions that really benifited them. I learned a lot through both roles with ANZ, I gained a good understanding around the retail environment of the finical services industry particularly the unsecured lending space.
Pros
good hours
Cons
highly monitored and micro managed
Working for ANZ they really look after their workers. Very nice environment, I would recommend this a outstanding company to work for. You have your days when short staff and the phone calls coming in can be very busy and stressful. Talking to customers over the phone can be a challenge and also an enjoyment to go the long mile for a customer to make them happy. My co workers we were all like a big happy family. The managers were very supportive to the team, and given awards. I learned a lot working with ANZ, how to use their system, and how to provide a very outstanding customer service to each caller.
Pros
free drinks on Friday
Cons
You get your angry customers, but also a challenge
Administration Team - When customers called through to the call center, our team would do all the paper work. - New signed up customers, we would enter all details into the system, and send out their packages. - Each customer had a different request, therefore we had to be careful to send out the correct information. - Work together with other teams, to see what can better the process and sending paper work out. - Update ourselves with any new information, new Eftpos machines and how they worked, any new products coming out, and to make ourselves familiar with new processes.
Pros
Great team enviroment.
Cons
Repeatitive work.
Data Entry Taking calls for the National Bank and ANZ Bank merger.
Serving Demands on customer.Sending Property Law Act instructions to Lawyers.Arranging provisions to be loaded against customers.Contacting Insurance Companies.
Pros
able to leave early on friday afternoons
Cons
no cons
This is a fast paced and demanding environment which provided me with challenges that helped me develop professionally and personally. My co-workers have been superb and very professional. Hard work, commitment, excellent output are all rewarded and recognised.