ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

fun and challenging
I enjoyed working for ANZ, we had our busy day and relax days and also very challenging as their were so much different products to learned and remember to easily make a sale and complete the sale. The hardest part of the job is when I don't keep up knowing my products, so it was hard for me to sell and answer the customer's enquiries, so I think outside the box and refer the customer to an appropriate consultant, and hopefully the consultant will get a sale. Management excellent, we get on well and helpful in any difficult situation arises within my part. The most enjoyable part of the job is towards the end of the day when we all balanced and enjoy a laugh with our Manager and colleagues. Typical day when the door opens in the morning and a customer walked in not happy with their bankings. But of course we are trained to deal with unhappy clients. So they walk in their way and walk out in our way. So another word they walk in unhappy and walk out with a happy smile.
great staff
Staff were great however, alot of favourtism in the company and issues regarding management was not followed up. Great location but sales targets were unrealistic
No formal training & systems straight out of the 80s & 90s
The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming.
Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated.

The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with.

No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly.

Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management.

Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits.

Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz.

No benefits for friends and family either.
Pros
Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break
Cons
Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks
An average call centre
The pay and benefits are decent, and management is rather supportive. It's an average call centre, with normal facilities, and challenging, but good, customers.
was a very proud company to be part of
loved working for ANZ, sad that I had to resign as I decided to run my own business but a typical day will start with a morning meeting, setting our own targets for the day and than start the day with meeting and greeting customers face to face, having the smile on the face all day long and sharing stories as well, the hardest part being friendly, nice at the same time having the set target in the mind to achieve by end of the day at the same time not being pushy and providing the right product and service to customers
Another great place to work
The money is good, the people are nice, and the opportunities are seemingly endless. It's a bank but they seem to really care and that is a rare thing to come across.
Exciting and Engaging Workplace.
I worked at ANZ for 5 days as part of a Gateway Programme. My typical day consisted of various things. I worked as a teller, counted the petty cash at the end of the day, participated in the meetings with my team members and team leader, serviced the customers and communicated with them.
My team leader and team members were a fun, enthusiastic and most importantly; a supportive group of people who helped me settle in the working environment swiftly.

The hardest part of the job was to fill in time when there were fewer customers. I like to be a part of a fast paced working environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to handle customers by myself and satisfied their needs to a 100%. I did this by conversing with them about their day and trying my best to get their job done as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Pros
Meeting new people and building a network.
Cons
The not so busy hours at work.
Good friendly people
I enjoyed the atmosphere at the bank. The social interaction was great for team building
Great People, Awesome Management
Data Entry
Taking calls for the National Bank and ANZ Bank merger.