ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews for Personal Banker

Personal Banker6 reviews
New Zealand6 reviews
well known company to work with and to gain experience. great working culture and lot of support and opportunity to grow with. Sometime you can feel the pressure.
The call center is one of the bottoms lines, Training was just trying to meet the deadline, instead of quality training. Soon you will be pushed into the deep end. Employee retention is very low. If you want to suicide your career here is the place.
Enjoyed the awesome personal banking team I was part of on tory street. The hours however were long and we often worked late nights, the call centre environment also often felt like it was run like a kindergarten by managers.
Pros
Great team culture
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment
Typical day at work:
Meeting new people everyday, continuously learning new things.

What I learned:

That I have the potential to work in this kind of industry, new found confidence.

Management:

Friendly, and very approachable.

My Co-Workers:

Started as co-workers, ended as a big family.

The hardest part of my job:

Dealing with difficult situations that took up your whole working day sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of my job:

Talking to new customers, becoming their friends and our team becoming closer.
everyday is a new day at work, its a phone based role, handling multiple type of enquiries over the phone including lending. Giving financial advice to customer which suits their needs. work colleagues from different background, so you can learn about their culture.
Pros
Pizzas, Vouchers, incentives, coaching, training about new products
Cons
diffrent shift bands each month
My co workers are great, I made many long term friends from my time at ANZ. The best part of the job was meeting sales targets and being able to help customers with solutions that really benifited them. I learned a lot through both roles with ANZ, I gained a good understanding around the retail environment of the finical services industry particularly the unsecured lending space.
Pros
good hours
Cons
highly monitored and micro managed