ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews for Service Consultant

Service Consultant13 reviews
New Zealand13 reviews
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment.

The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Pros
Free lunches, Wifi, Career building programs
Was a goodplace to work 10 years ago , now it just looks after share holders not staff. Would never work there again . Management not experienced and rely on older staff then treat them badly so they leave.
I have worked here for 7 years. It was a great place to work in given you are willing to work weekends and late nights. You also need to be prepared for ALOT of changes and increase in target requirements every year. The way that they introduced new products or requirements or even their training was fun, but it could also be a very high stress environment if you are not performing or you can not find a balance between your work and home. The change of managers are always happening & you need to learn to get used to your new management or you would not be happy working. The enjoyable part of the job however is the customers and the team you work with. Also learning new things everyday could either be rewarding or could land you in a terrible spot. Very hard to be too careful as you also need to be doing things in a timely manner as well. There are many different cultured people to work with however & once you make a friend, you will never forget them.
Pros
Insurance packages, Vero card for discounts, Yearly share pay out
Cons
Incentives are almost impossible to get, wage is standard not high
Team leaders encourage growth within the company and look after their staff. The communication between management and staff is amazing and there is no divide.
Managers with false promises and jealousy. I miss my colleagues and the lovely memories we had with each other but unfortunately, fake people made it hard for me to stay back!
Pros
friendly colleagues, free morning teas, less pay compared to other banks which was not fair considering we were the best bank.
Cons
Managers with false promises who are selfish and fueled with jealousy.
Fantastic place to work with a very diverse team. I was very fortunate to work for ANZ whilst finishing my degree. This gave me the ability to apply my knowledge and learn new skills.
A very good company/bank to work for. Learned about cash handling, marketing and selling. Helping customers to achieve their financial goal by providing suitable products to them.
Pros
Free wardrobes
Working at the bank can be very stressful but I'm lucky to be surrounded by a team who are fun to work with and support each other's goals. The most enjoyable part is meeting different customers and building my own network with them and the positive feedbacks that they give me regarding my service is very rewarding!
Pros
awesome team
Cons
low pay
The most enjoyable part of my work is i get a variety of different enqueries and people , no two days are the same.
You need to be alert and focused to acheive good results which i do.
Pros
Break times on time
rather not, might have to use some strong language

after 21 years, management of my situation wasn't the best,

it wasn't bad for 19 odd years
Definitely a fun work place to be in and surrounded by good support from Team leaders and management. Incentives were great in terms of working towards goals and achieving. Would suit someone who enjoys a heavy work load and can multitask and problem solve
Pros
Great staff discounts
Cons
Heavy work load
excellent company to work for
great brnch staff

management good

benefits good
Pros
staff benefit
Cons
under staffed
Typical day at work was to come in before your shift start your computer and necessary computer programs you need for the day, then start your shift. Your always learnt something new in this position as customers would always have different questions/issues they needed help with etc. Management was always supportive (constant side by side coaching, if there was anything you were unsure of you can always stop and ask and someone was there to show you) if you did well they would let you and your team know about your success weather it be something they have seen from you or if a customer called and wanted to compliment you. The part I enjoyed the most was meeting new friends (Co-workers) and helping people (customers). I absolutely loved finishing a call and being able to say that that customer went away happy and that their questions/issue were resolved in a timely / efficient manner etc.