ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Culture reviews

Clear
4.0Work–Life Balance

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,132 reviews

Good employer if you find the right job

My time at anz was pretty good. the contact centre is kinda average though. The amount of support and training they can give you is amazing. The pressure to succeed... not some much

Pros

Salary, amazing resources to support you

Cons

Expectations

Productive and Busy workplace

Working for ANZ Bank was a very fast pace job. You deal with many customers during your day and process a lot of requests. I enjoyed meeting new people on the daily

Competitive, stressful place to work

The team culture changed a lot over the time that I was employed by ANZ driven by targets and share of wallet that often it breed a culture of dog eat dog. The team moral often dipped as a result when those who had worked extremely hard never quite made the often fluid shifting of the goal posts and their good was never deemed good enough and thus missed out on the inaugural bonus or team perks. Sometimes just recognizing and rewarding ones efforts for what they are regardless of how they measured against their counterpart does more for ensuring staff loyalty and building trust and confidence that continually flogging dead horse.

Is a good company to work with

Great place for work and coffees. Good team. Great work life balance and very accommodative. Amazing site manager. On the whole a good place to work in a long run.

Pros

Good atmosphere and great people

Cons

Good

Overall Good. Culture has been a focus and has improved significantly. A range of opportunities are avaialble if you look for them. Managers are a mixed bag, generally they are good at what they do and the higher management and Executive level welcome communicating with them personally

Awesome place to work

Apart from few exceptions, This place is awesome to work at. The Work life balance is really good. Overall the working culture is awesome.Good place to stay for long term.

Great culture

My experience at ANZ New Zealand was that it is values focused, with respect, collaboration and open communication driving an excellent culture. It also supported an excellent work life balance.

great staff

Staff were great however, alot of favourtism in the company and issues regarding management was not followed up. Great location but sales targets were unrealistic

Productive & fun work place

Excellent Management & Team members. People skills and team support avaliable on call. Workplace culture was not a problem. No two days are the same. Different views when customers enter the business.

Pros

Always training avaliable

Cons

needed to speak up when required

Can be highly rewarding but stressful too.

I have worked here for 7 years. It was a great place to work in given you are willing to work weekends and late nights. You also need to be prepared for ALOT of changes and increase in target requirements every year. The way that they introduced new products or requirements or even their training was fun, but it could also be a very high stress environment if you are not performing or you can not find a balance between your work and home. The change of managers are always happening & you need to learn to get used to your new management or you would not be happy working. The enjoyable part of the job however is the customers and the team you work with. Also learning new things everyday could either be rewarding or could land you in a terrible spot. Very hard to be too careful as you also need to be doing things in a timely manner as well. There are many different cultured people to work with however & once you make a friend, you will never forget them.

Pros

Insurance packages, Vero card for discounts, Yearly share pay out

Cons

Incentives are almost impossible to get, wage is standard not high

Jobs at ANZ Banking Group

See more jobs

No formal training & systems straight out of the 80s & 90s

The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming. Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated. The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with. No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly. Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management. Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits. Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz. No benefits for friends and family either.

Pros

Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break

Cons

Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks

ANZ Banking Group

I was at ANZ for 12 years A typical Day at work is processing and approving loan applications, opening accounts etc. I got my values through ANZ. I've learnt team player skills working together as a team. I networked with the customer service agents and was able to deliver sales for them. Had a great management team for team leaders to the over all management. I had a great repoire with all my leaders as I saw a few in my tenure there Work place culture was made up of different nationalities from Indian, Chinese, Maori's, Tongan's etc. I loved the different ethnic groups also I'm Marrying a Samoan. We had a fun culture we just enjoyed working with each other. Always had shared lunches together also we had times to recap on our day and played fun quizzes every day. Hardest part I felt about the job is getting different loans approved other than that I loved every moment I spent at ANZ. I had to leave ANZ due to my Karaoke Business taking off and it was affecting my health so had to give up something so I gave up my Paid job to pursue my passion

Pros

Free Fruit

Cons

The Hours

Productive and fun workplace

busy, challenging, exciting. Plenty of online courses to give you a good knowledge base. Team managers were fatastic as was the workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was the lack of cover for leave and sickness Most enjoyable part was the interaction with the team and other teams within the bank everyone is very supportive

Pros

Opportunity to advance your career

Cons

constant restructuring

Challenging & Rewarding

Everyday is different, lots of good days and a few days that would stretch you. I enjoyed working with a great bunch of colleagues and I was empowered to do my job. The hardest part was have to deal with angry/aggressive customers and the constant demands of a high performing branch. I learnt so much during my time with ANZ; the training provided is excellent, both internal & external. All the training that I received certainly helped me out in other roles.

Pros

Great support, free parking, great benefits, great people

Cons

good company to work with

well known company to work with and to gain experience. great working culture and lot of support and opportunity to grow with. Sometime you can feel the pressure.

Productive and fun work place

Team leaders encourage growth within the company and look after their staff. The communication between management and staff is amazing and there is no divide.

positive and enjoyable workpalce

- Client meetings to review/discuss existing business performance & identify potential growth strategies. - Gather & analyse financial information, e.g previous years financial accounts & collaborate with customers to produce realistic financial projections. - Combine all financial, business & personal information of client into a format lending application which would be approved by myself or our credit team (depending on $ value) - Internal meetings with business unit's to discuss market activity and identify opportunity for new business. - Build strong relationships with clients in short period of time. ANZ had s very strong work place culture where there was great communication throughout all business units. Collaboration was a big focus for ANZ and personally it led to a lot of new business for myself simply through building networks and good communication. The most challenging part of my role was often time management as I had a very large number of customers who typically wanted an unrealistic turnaround time. The most enjoyable part of my role would have been building strong relationships with customers & helping them to identify, structure and achieve their business goals.

Pros

Enjoyable & rewarding job

Cons

often worked overtime due to large number customers and unpredictable timing of workload.

An average call centre

The pay and benefits are decent, and management is rather supportive. It's an average call centre, with normal facilities, and challenging, but good, customers.

Fun workplace with friendly staffs

i learned how to use a smart deposit machine, how to deal with different types of customers, to deposit both normal and fast deposit. i enjoyed being able to learn new things and having such a friendly staff who are ready to help.

Pros

free drinks like tea

Banking / Lending

A typical day at work consisted of Home Loans and assessments, a very busy environment where knowledge and training and assistance were always available from other staff members. They believe in having fun whilst still completing the work in the time-frames given

Pros

Working with fun people

Can Do Attitudes - Facilitation & Training

Anz Bank always provides outstanding training before delivering a new product for customers. The Management team is always behind their staff which is where I am passionate to deliver training to staff knowing that I am satisfied and absolutely sure about the products and services, team exceeds targets because the delivery is easy and also across the board, can be delivered in a way that each individual will understand.

Pros

Team enjoying a challege

Cons

Targets were unfairly sorted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ANZ Banking Group