ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
4.0Work–Life Balance
3.8Job Security & Advancement

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,132 reviews

Great place to work at. Fantastic facilities and a great social atmosphere

Everyday was a busy day and that made for full and fun times. Some stress but that's only to be expected in the role I had. I learnt lots of technical stuff and really enjoyed my time there

Pros

Lots of free food. Great support

Cons

With cutting edge technology, we had to learning on the run - so had to learn fast

stressful and poor training

The call center is one of the bottoms lines, Training was just trying to meet the deadline, instead of quality training. Soon you will be pushed into the deep end. Employee retention is very low. If you want to suicide your career here is the place.

Good

Overall Good. Culture has been a focus and has improved significantly. A range of opportunities are avaialble if you look for them. Managers are a mixed bag, generally they are good at what they do and the higher management and Executive level welcome communicating with them personally

Awesome place to work

Apart from few exceptions, This place is awesome to work at. The Work life balance is really good. Overall the working culture is awesome.Good place to stay for long term.

productive

This place allows a lot of things to recreate and sharpen up your talents and then to move around in the oraganisation and move foward in this banking system.

Great employer in New Zealand

Great employer who is forward thinking in regards to work life balance. There seems to be a lot of room for career progression if you stand out and outperform as an employee.

Pros

Flexibility, supportive leadership

Cons

Bureaucratic processes, slow moving

Great culture

My experience at ANZ New Zealand was that it is values focused, with respect, collaboration and open communication driving an excellent culture. It also supported an excellent work life balance.

ANZ is committed to ensuring our workplace welcomes, supports and celebrates the unique contributions of every employee. ANZ thrives to build creative

ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.

Pros

Free lunches, Wifi, Career building programs

Nice Work/Life Balance Environment

Very challenging environment to work on.. Everyday is a different day. Solid Infrastructure and really complex environments to look after. Need to use my full potential and skills

Pros

Nice Working environment

Cons

not many opportunities for career development

Good Workplace

ANZ are a very good company to work for, they treat their staff well and have a strong sense of equality. They offer fantastic opportunities for promotions and career progressions.

Jobs at ANZ Banking Group

See more jobs

Productive and fun workplace

busy, challenging, exciting. Plenty of online courses to give you a good knowledge base. Team managers were fatastic as was the workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was the lack of cover for leave and sickness Most enjoyable part was the interaction with the team and other teams within the bank everyone is very supportive

Pros

Opportunity to advance your career

Cons

constant restructuring

good company to work with

well known company to work with and to gain experience. great working culture and lot of support and opportunity to grow with. Sometime you can feel the pressure.

fun

Often very busy but surrounded by a friendly team who are always willing to help and support you. Very diverse in the areas that you can work and offers potential for lots of growth.

interesting work place

Front office role, dealing initially with all customer enquiries. From opening an account to applying for a mortgage. Mostly on the job training, with little in the way of formal training.

Great Job.

Customer service role. Enjoyed working with team. Only left to raise child. Would have continued working if personal life permitted. Enjoyed working with the team and day to day challenges. Enjoyed the position very much.

fun workplace

ANZ BANK has been a great place to work at. So many career opportunities benefits.and.rewards is highly awarded by this business. Multitasking is.one.of ANZ bank task to staff and cross training is also another task ANZ encourages staff. This.also builds staff self-esteem training overseas is another encouraged the the bank provides the.staff.

Pros

rewards from the bank highly recommended

Cons

system crashes provides long hours

Career driven place

Fantastic place to work with a very diverse team. I was very fortunate to work for ANZ whilst finishing my degree. This gave me the ability to apply my knowledge and learn new skills.

They really look after their staff

It's a brilliant place to work. Very encouraging of personal development and very supportive. Jobs are well paid and the perks are brilliant. They also attract some of the best minds in the business so a really good learning opportunity...

Great stable place to work

The job was dynamic and challenging. The workplace had a great family environment with great support to work like balance. Due to flat structure there were limited fast advancement opportunities.

they were my 'family' for over 20 years of my career

The ANZ has given me the skills, knowledge and confidence I have today to go forth into the big wild world to take on new challenges in both my working and personal life.

Pros

Job securtity, medical and insurance benefits

Cons

targets, KPI's, stressful at times

n/a

rather not, might have to use some strong language after 21 years, management of my situation wasn't the best, it wasn't bad for 19 odd years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ANZ Banking Group
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?