ANZ Banking Group Management reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1,020 reviews
Stressfull targets
Senior Service Consultant (Rangiora Branch) (Former Employee) –  Rangiora, Canterbury9 November 2019
Was a goodplace to work 10 years ago , now it just looks after share holders not staff. Would never work there again . Management not experienced and rely on older staff then treat them badly so they leave.
great staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellerslie, Auckland19 September 2018
Staff were great however, alot of favourtism in the company and issues regarding management was not followed up. Great location but sales targets were unrealistic
Can be highly rewarding but stressful too.
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland4 September 2018
I have worked here for 7 years. It was a great place to work in given you are willing to work weekends and late nights. You also need to be prepared for ALOT of changes and increase in target requirements every year. The way that they introduced new products or requirements or even their training was fun, but it could also be a very high stress environment if you are not performing or you can not find a balance between your work and home. The change of managers are always happening & you need to learn to get used to your new management or you would not be happy working. The enjoyable part of the job however is the customers and the team you work with. Also learning new things everyday could either be rewarding or could land you in a terrible spot. Very hard to be too careful as you also need to be doing things in a timely manner as well. There are many different cultured people to work with however & once you make a friend, you will never forget them.
Pros
Insurance packages, Vero card for discounts, Yearly share pay out
Cons
Incentives are almost impossible to get, wage is standard not high
No formal training & systems straight out of the 80s & 90s
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland21 August 2018
The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming.
Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated.
The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with.
No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly.
Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management.
Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits.
Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz.
No benefits for friends and family either.
Pros
Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break
Cons
Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks
ANZ Banking Group
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 August 2018
I was at ANZ for 12 years
A typical Day at work is processing and approving loan applications, opening accounts etc.
I got my values through ANZ. I've learnt team player skills working together as a team. I networked with the customer service agents and was able to deliver sales for them.
Had a great management team for team leaders to the over all management. I had a great repoire with all my leaders as I saw a few in my tenure there
Work place culture was made up of different nationalities from Indian, Chinese, Maori's, Tongan's etc. I loved the different ethnic groups also I'm Marrying a Samoan. We had a fun culture we just enjoyed working with each other. Always had shared lunches together also we had times to recap on our day and played fun quizzes every day.
Hardest part I felt about the job is getting different loans approved other than that I loved every moment I spent at ANZ. I had to leave ANZ due to my Karaoke Business taking off and it was affecting my health so had to give up something so I gave up my Paid job to pursue my passion
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
The Hours
Productive and fun work place
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland13 March 2018
Team leaders encourage growth within the company and look after their staff. The communication between management and staff is amazing and there is no divide.
Educational and productive
Student (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 November 2017
A typical day at work is very busy and filled with many surprises. I learnt that you need to be a good listener and understanding of other peoples backgrounds. Management was very supportive. The workplace was a fun working environment which I looked forward to go to. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the friendly customers and fellow staff.
Pros
Access to food and beverages
Cons
Sitting there when it isn't busy
positive and enjoyable workpalce
Business relationship manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand31 October 2017
- Client meetings to review/discuss existing business performance & identify potential growth strategies.
- Gather & analyse financial information, e.g previous years financial accounts & collaborate with customers to produce realistic financial projections.
- Combine all financial, business & personal information of client into a format lending application which would be approved by myself or our credit team (depending on $ value)
- Internal meetings with business unit's to discuss market activity and identify opportunity for new business.
- Build strong relationships with clients in short period of time.

ANZ had s very strong work place culture where there was great communication throughout all business units. Collaboration was a big focus for ANZ and personally it led to a lot of new business for myself simply through building networks and good communication.

The most challenging part of my role was often time management as I had a very large number of customers who typically wanted an unrealistic turnaround time.

The most enjoyable part of my role would have been building strong relationships with customers & helping them to identify, structure and achieve their business goals.
Pros
Enjoyable & rewarding job
Cons
often worked overtime due to large number customers and unpredictable timing of workload.
An average call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington22 June 2017
The pay and benefits are decent, and management is rather supportive. It's an average call centre, with normal facilities, and challenging, but good, customers.
My work colleagues were the ones who made the environment friendly.
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland8 June 2017
Managers with false promises and jealousy. I miss my colleagues and the lovely memories we had with each other but unfortunately, fake people made it hard for me to stay back!
Pros
friendly colleagues, free morning teas, less pay compared to other banks which was not fair considering we were the best bank.
Cons
Managers with false promises who are selfish and fueled with jealousy.
Can Do Attitudes - Facilitation & Training
Senior Personal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu, Auckland5 December 2016
Anz Bank always provides outstanding training before delivering a new product for customers. The Management team is always behind their staff which is where I am passionate to deliver training to staff knowing that I am satisfied and absolutely sure about the products and services, team exceeds targets because the delivery is easy and also across the board, can be delivered in a way that each individual will understand.
Pros
Team enjoying a challege
Cons
Targets were unfairly sorted
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service & Account Management (Former Employee) –  NZ24 August 2016
typical day would be getting the accounts i would be required to handle for the day and working through them while maintaining a healthy relationship with my co workers and management team.

helping customer out of poverty and into prosperity
Pros
lifestyle, work, culture, not being just a number
Cons
sometimes long hours / vacation time
Work for passion to make a positive change
Wealth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland8 June 2016
When work becomes passion everyday is a holiday!
The day at work starts with appointments scheduled for the week with clients who are looking to achieve their future financial goals, retirement planning and protecting their wealth and assets. Love speaking to clients, making them understand in simple easy to understand language on how investments work, why it is important to protect what they have created for themselves and securing a good retirement plan.
A good team environment makes the job a better place to work in and thankfully I have always had a good team and management to work with.
Every job I have worked in teaches me that people want to have a good experience and want to have professionals that know what their requirements are, are to the point, easy to understand, know how important their time is, that they are not measured by the amount in figures of wealth they bring in, that they can trust and be confident that their requirement is in the right hands and to be followed up on. Fortunately I have always given my clients in every job I have worked in an excellent customer experience, which I am immensely proud of.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Parking hassle
n/a
Service Consultant/Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury6 April 2016
rather not, might have to use some strong language

after 21 years, management of my situation wasn't the best,

it wasn't bad for 19 odd years
Review
Business Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Penrose contact centre5 March 2016
The role was to assist retail staff with lending enquiries on a daily basis. I found out there was quite a gap in staff when it came to knowledge and there was a need for in depth training in quite a few areas. Senior management showed little interest in staff development and this was up to the individual to progress on. Staff were quite good to work with as there was a lot of collabaration within the department. The job had a few challenges which I managed to work around and find solutions. Assisting staff and ensuring that they understood what they were taught was very satisfying which made me feel that I was helping them with their development.
Pros
Free tickets to international cricket games
Cons
Shortage of staff which put others under stress
Focused on customer and staff growth
Part-time Sales Consultant/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Rarotonga, CK8 December 2015
Typical day at work:
Meeting new people everyday, continuously learning new things.

What I learned:
That I have the potential to work in this kind of industry, new found confidence.

Management:
Friendly, and very approachable.

My Co-Workers:
Started as co-workers, ended as a big family.

The hardest part of my job:
Dealing with difficult situations that took up your whole working day sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of my job:
Talking to new customers, becoming their friends and our team becoming closer.
Productive work environment
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland21 September 2015
Definitely a fun work place to be in and surrounded by good support from Team leaders and management. Incentives were great in terms of working towards goals and achieving. Would suit someone who enjoys a heavy work load and can multitask and problem solve
Pros
Great staff discounts
Cons
Heavy work load
Productive and goal oriented
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wellington14 July 2015
Typical day at work is starting with daily internal mails to see and be updated with the news and updates across the bank, checking any urgent requests from senior management and other stakeholders, making sure balance sheet account balances are reconciling with the system sourced download files/reports and any issues need to be resolved and be socialized with the relevant finance stakeholders. Liaising with offshore and onshore finance teams is a part of daily task. Be able to follow up on outstanding unresolved issues and be able to determine the correct adjusting entries if necessary. Daily liaising with Lending Operations team in respect to their manual updates of the line fees register which I made sure they completed correctly based on the agreed bank's processes, policies and procedures inorder for us to reconcile with the general ledger system's transaction listing and be able to raise a more complete and accurate month-end accrual and deferral journals.
I learned to manage my time and worked autonomously while overseeing the tasks being done by offshore finance team members and be available to support, investigate and resolve issues.
We made sure accounting and reporting timeframes are met with accuracy and integrity of the information.
I was able to work collaboratively with other team members and other business units inorder to successfully consolidate and standardised some of the individual reports/reconciliation tools into one single report/reconciliation tool/model(these are mentioned as part of my achievements)
The hardest part of the job is the challenge
  more... surrounding the timing difference between offshore finance team and NZ finance team as there's always cut-off time for month-end that always need to be met and most of the tasks are reliant on the offshore team finishing them on time. I had to make sure we have a video conference with them in respect to timeframes and steps to take inorder for them to deliver on time. It also involved constant liaising by phone, chat and emails.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to contribute to process improvements initiatives which resulted to improved more efficient service delivery and added value to the bank. They helped saved a lot of man hours and free up head space for more process improvement ideas.
Pros
free drinks, snacks and fruits
Worked hard with fun and had fun with hard work. A good mixture of both, work and play.
Commercial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand13 March 2015
Get the work done right the first time with teamwork and have regular meetings with management to promote transparency.
Checking work done the previous day for my customers by other Departments in way of loading limits, expiry dates, product type etc was done accurately.
This was a challenge as I had to rely on other Departments to get my job completed accurately therefore I had to be on top of things to getting mistakes rectified ASAP
The best part of my job was to build relationship and trust with my customers.
In this cut throat industry it was pleasing to know that customers appreciated honesty and realistic promises with deliverance and their appreciative comments and emails for a job well done made the hard work I put in well worth it.
Pros
Regular lunch dates and evening catch ups with work colleagues to promote team building., regular catch ups with Relationship Managers to set expectations right for each other.
Cons
Tight deadlines, Relationship Managers over promising customers and the honors was on me to get the job done.
Fun people & workplace
Assistant Manager - Corporate (Former Employee) –  Rarotonga, Cook Islands8 October 2014
A typical day at work is taking my morning attitude&behavior vitamins & they are A=Attitude, B=Believe, C=Courage, D=Discipline, E=Energy & F=Fun, & it will reflect the rest of the day towards my customers & work peers. I've learned about understanding the different type of businesses & customers & what needs they require from the bank & providing them the possible solution. Customer & Staff relationship is very important also. What made ANZ Cook Island special is the people you work with, they interact, collaborate & fun to be with. Given the long period working at ANZ I've come across with different managements, there are the ones that you are not good with & the ones that you are good with. However for the last 4-5 years, my bosses were one of the greatest mentor & mates I've ever had. They've not only to provide me work ethic but understanding of family life which is very important to me. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with complaints & angry customers, but there's always room for improvements. The most enjoyable part of the job is that bond you achieve with customers & staff & knowing that you are there as a face for the bank & providing banking needs to everyone.
Pros
Flexible with family & church
Cons
Yes long hours, pay don't really match with your job especially when you are doing everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.