ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Management reviews

Competitive, stressful place to work
The team culture changed a lot over the time that I was employed by ANZ driven by targets and share of wallet that often it breed a culture of dog eat dog. The team moral often dipped as a result when those who had worked extremely hard never quite made the often fluid shifting of the goal posts and their good was never deemed good enough and thus missed out on the inaugural bonus or team perks. Sometimes just recognizing and rewarding ones efforts for what they are regardless of how they measured against their counterpart does more for ensuring staff loyalty and building trust and confidence that continually flogging dead horse.
Fun workplace
A typical day at the Bank will start with staff meeting then checking for incoming mail and prioritizing work for the day. Start with easy tasks first then get on with the rest in order of priority. One thing I learned that time management by utilizing your calendar is very important to achieve your tasks for the day. There will be a lot of interruptions i.e. phone calls and emails during the day but if you keep to your time management and make time for planning for the next day then your day will always be fun and enjoyable because of our workload are managed
stressful and poor training
The call center is one of the bottoms lines, Training was just trying to meet the deadline, instead of quality training. Soon you will be pushed into the deep end. Employee retention is very low. If you want to suicide your career here is the place.
Good
Overall Good. Culture has been a focus and has improved significantly. A range of opportunities are avaialble if you look for them. Managers are a mixed bag, generally they are good at what they do and the higher management and Executive level welcome communicating with them personally
fun and challenging
I enjoyed working for ANZ, we had our busy day and relax days and also very challenging as their were so much different products to learned and remember to easily make a sale and complete the sale. The hardest part of the job is when I don't keep up knowing my products, so it was hard for me to sell and answer the customer's enquiries, so I think outside the box and refer the customer to an appropriate consultant, and hopefully the consultant will get a sale. Management excellent, we get on well and helpful in any difficult situation arises within my part. The most enjoyable part of the job is towards the end of the day when we all balanced and enjoy a laugh with our Manager and colleagues. Typical day when the door opens in the morning and a customer walked in not happy with their bankings. But of course we are trained to deal with unhappy clients. So they walk in their way and walk out in our way. So another word they walk in unhappy and walk out with a happy smile.
Stressfull targets
Was a goodplace to work 10 years ago , now it just looks after share holders not staff. Would never work there again . Management not experienced and rely on older staff then treat them badly so they leave.
great staff
Staff were great however, alot of favourtism in the company and issues regarding management was not followed up. Great location but sales targets were unrealistic
Productive & fun work place
Excellent Management & Team members.
People skills and team support avaliable on call.

Workplace culture was not a problem.

No two days are the same. Different views when customers enter the business.
Pros
Always training avaliable
Cons
needed to speak up when required
Can be highly rewarding but stressful too.
I have worked here for 7 years. It was a great place to work in given you are willing to work weekends and late nights. You also need to be prepared for ALOT of changes and increase in target requirements every year. The way that they introduced new products or requirements or even their training was fun, but it could also be a very high stress environment if you are not performing or you can not find a balance between your work and home. The change of managers are always happening & you need to learn to get used to your new management or you would not be happy working. The enjoyable part of the job however is the customers and the team you work with. Also learning new things everyday could either be rewarding or could land you in a terrible spot. Very hard to be too careful as you also need to be doing things in a timely manner as well. There are many different cultured people to work with however & once you make a friend, you will never forget them.
Pros
Insurance packages, Vero card for discounts, Yearly share pay out
Cons
Incentives are almost impossible to get, wage is standard not high
No formal training & systems straight out of the 80s & 90s
The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming.
Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated.

The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with.

No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly.

Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management.
Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits.

Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz.

No benefits for friends and family either.
Pros
Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break
Cons
Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks
ANZ Banking Group
I was at ANZ for 12 years
A typical Day at work is processing and approving loan applications, opening accounts etc.

I got my values through ANZ. I've learnt team player skills working together as a team. I networked with the customer service agents and was able to deliver sales for them.

Had a great management team for team leaders to the over all management. I had a great repoire with all my leaders as I saw a few in my tenure there
Work place culture was made up of different nationalities from Indian, Chinese, Maori's, Tongan's etc. I loved the different ethnic groups also I'm Marrying a Samoan. We had a fun culture we just enjoyed working with each other. Always had shared lunches together also we had times to recap on our day and played fun quizzes every day.

Hardest part I felt about the job is getting different loans approved other than that I loved every moment I spent at ANZ. I had to leave ANZ due to my Karaoke Business taking off and it was affecting my health so had to give up something so I gave up my Paid job to pursue my passion
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
The Hours
Productive and fun work place
Team leaders encourage growth within the company and look after their staff. The communication between management and staff is amazing and there is no divide.
Educational and productive
A typical day at work is very busy and filled with many surprises. I learnt that you need to be a good listener and understanding of other peoples backgrounds. Management was very supportive. The workplace was a fun working environment which I looked forward to go to. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the friendly customers and fellow staff.
Pros
Access to food and beverages
Cons
Sitting there when it isn't busy
positive and enjoyable workpalce
- Client meetings to review/discuss existing business performance & identify potential growth strategies.
- Gather & analyse financial information, e.g previous years financial accounts & collaborate with customers to produce realistic financial projections.

- Combine all financial, business & personal information of client into a format lending application which would be approved by myself or our credit team (depending on $ value)

- Internal meetings with business unit's to discuss market activity and identify opportunity for new business.

- Build strong relationships with clients in short period of time.

ANZ had s very strong work place culture where there was great communication throughout all business units. Collaboration was a big focus for ANZ and personally it led to a lot of new business for myself simply through building networks and good communication.

The most challenging part of my role was often time management as I had a very large number of customers who typically wanted an unrealistic turnaround time.

The most enjoyable part of my role would have been building strong relationships with customers & helping them to identify, structure and achieve their business goals.
Pros
Enjoyable & rewarding job
Cons
often worked overtime due to large number customers and unpredictable timing of workload.
An average call centre
The pay and benefits are decent, and management is rather supportive. It's an average call centre, with normal facilities, and challenging, but good, customers.
My work colleagues were the ones who made the environment friendly.
Managers with false promises and jealousy. I miss my colleagues and the lovely memories we had with each other but unfortunately, fake people made it hard for me to stay back!
Pros
friendly colleagues, free morning teas, less pay compared to other banks which was not fair considering we were the best bank.
Cons
Managers with false promises who are selfish and fueled with jealousy.
Can Do Attitudes - Facilitation & Training
Anz Bank always provides outstanding training before delivering a new product for customers. The Management team is always behind their staff which is where I am passionate to deliver training to staff knowing that I am satisfied and absolutely sure about the products and services, team exceeds targets because the delivery is easy and also across the board, can be delivered in a way that each individual will understand.
Pros
Team enjoying a challege
Cons
Targets were unfairly sorted
productive and fun workplace
typical day would be getting the accounts i would be required to handle for the day and working through them while maintaining a healthy relationship with my co workers and management team.

helping customer out of poverty and into prosperity
Pros
lifestyle, work, culture, not being just a number
Cons
sometimes long hours / vacation time
Work for passion to make a positive change
When work becomes passion everyday is a holiday!
The day at work starts with appointments scheduled for the week with clients who are looking to achieve their future financial goals, retirement planning and protecting their wealth and assets. Love speaking to clients, making them understand in simple easy to understand language on how investments work, why it is important to protect what they have created for themselves and securing a good retirement plan.

A good team environment makes the job a better place to work in and thankfully I have always had a good team and management to work with.
Every job I have worked in teaches me that people want to have a good experience and want to have professionals that know what their requirements are, are to the point, easy to understand, know how important their time is, that they are not measured by the amount in figures of wealth they bring in, that they can trust and be confident that their requirement is in the right hands and to be followed up on. Fortunately I have always given my clients in every job I have worked in an excellent customer experience, which I am immensely proud of.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Parking hassle
n/a
rather not, might have to use some strong language

after 21 years, management of my situation wasn't the best,

it wasn't bad for 19 odd years
Review
The role was to assist retail staff with lending enquiries on a daily basis. I found out there was quite a gap in staff when it came to knowledge and there was a need for in depth training in quite a few areas. Senior management showed little interest in staff development and this was up to the individual to progress on. Staff were quite good to work with as there was a lot of collabaration within the department. The job had a few challenges which I managed to work around and find solutions. Assisting staff and ensuring that they understood what they were taught was very satisfying which made me feel that I was helping them with their development.
Pros
Free tickets to international cricket games
Cons
Shortage of staff which put others under stress