ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
4.0Work–Life Balance
3.9Pay & Benefits

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,132 reviews

Good employer if you find the right job

My time at anz was pretty good. the contact centre is kinda average though. The amount of support and training they can give you is amazing. The pressure to succeed... not some much

Pros

Salary, amazing resources to support you

Cons

Expectations

No formal training & systems straight out of the 80s & 90s

The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming. Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated. The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with. No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly. Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management. Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits. Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz. No benefits for friends and family either.

Pros

Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break

Cons

Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks

Challenging & Rewarding

Everyday is different, lots of good days and a few days that would stretch you. I enjoyed working with a great bunch of colleagues and I was empowered to do my job. The hardest part was have to deal with angry/aggressive customers and the constant demands of a high performing branch. I learnt so much during my time with ANZ; the training provided is excellent, both internal & external. All the training that I received certainly helped me out in other roles.

Pros

Great support, free parking, great benefits, great people

Great Job.

Customer service role. Enjoyed working with team. Only left to raise child. Would have continued working if personal life permitted. Enjoyed working with the team and day to day challenges. Enjoyed the position very much.

fun workplace

ANZ BANK has been a great place to work at. So many career opportunities benefits.and.rewards is highly awarded by this business. Multitasking is.one.of ANZ bank task to staff and cross training is also another task ANZ encourages staff. This.also builds staff self-esteem training overseas is another encouraged the the bank provides the.staff.

Pros

rewards from the bank highly recommended

Cons

system crashes provides long hours

Great work environment

Great team based approach to achieving outcomes. Developed numerous skills in Operational and Compliance Risk working and adapting to new frameworks, and implementation of policy and regulation changes.

Pros

Great staff benefits

An average call centre

The pay and benefits are decent, and management is rather supportive. It's an average call centre, with normal facilities, and challenging, but good, customers.

they were my 'family' for over 20 years of my career

The ANZ has given me the skills, knowledge and confidence I have today to go forth into the big wild world to take on new challenges in both my working and personal life.

Pros

Job securtity, medical and insurance benefits

Cons

targets, KPI's, stressful at times

Productive and goal oriented

Typical day at work is starting with daily internal mails to see and be updated with the news and updates across the bank, checking any urgent requests from senior management and other stakeholders, making sure balance sheet account balances are reconciling with the system sourced download files/reports and any issues need to be resolved and be socialized with the relevant finance stakeholders. Liaising with offshore and onshore finance teams is a part of daily task. Be able to follow up on outstanding unresolved issues and be able to determine the correct adjusting entries if necessary. Daily liaising with Lending Operations team in respect to their manual updates of the line fees register which I made sure they completed correctly based on the agreed bank's processes, policies and procedures inorder for us to reconcile with the general ledger system's transaction listing and be able to raise a more complete and accurate month-end accrual and deferral journals. I learned to manage my time and worked autonomously while overseeing the tasks being done by offshore finance team members and be available to support, investigate and resolve issues. We made sure accounting and reporting timeframes are met with accuracy and integrity of the information. I was able to work collaboratively with other team members and other business units inorder to successfully consolidate and standardised some of the individual reports/reconciliation tools into one single report/reconciliation tool/model(these are mentioned as part of my achievements) The hardest part of the job is the challenge -

Pros

free drinks, snacks and fruits

excellent

excellent company to work for great brnch staff management good benefits good

Pros

staff benefit

Cons

under staffed

Jobs at ANZ Banking Group