ANZ Banking Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 1,048 reviews
No formal training & systems straight out of the 80s & 90s
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland21 August 2018
The systems & tools on the front line are seriously awful and outdated which made performing everyday tasks frustrating & time consuming.
Too many different systems, all extremely old & antequated.
The sales targets and what qualified for sales towards your annual bonus were complicated and hard to keep up with.
No proper training & an expectation to know the roll almost instantly.
Bully culture at times with no repercussions for senior management.
Poor staff benefits, if you’d even call them benefits.
Can get a better mortgage rate at another bank than you could as staff through anz.
No benefits for friends and family either.
Pros
Provided a uniform, 1hr lunch break
Cons
Antequated systems & technology on front line. Poor staff benefits & salary compared to other banks
Great Job.
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  wellington29 October 2017
Customer service role. Enjoyed working with team. Only left to raise child. Would have continued working if personal life permitted.
Enjoyed working with the team and day to day challenges. Enjoyed the position very much.
fun workplace
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Avarua, Cook Islands18 September 2017
ANZ BANK has been a great place to work at. So many career opportunities benefits.and.rewards is highly awarded by this business. Multitasking is.one.of ANZ bank task to staff and cross training is also another task ANZ encourages staff. This.also builds staff self-esteem training overseas is another encouraged the the bank provides the.staff.
Pros
rewards from the bank highly recommended
Cons
system crashes provides long hours
Great work environment
Snr Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland21 August 2017
Great team based approach to achieving outcomes. Developed numerous skills in Operational and Compliance Risk working and adapting to new frameworks, and implementation of policy and regulation changes.
Pros
Great staff benefits
An average call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington22 June 2017
The pay and benefits are decent, and management is rather supportive. It's an average call centre, with normal facilities, and challenging, but good, customers.
they were my 'family' for over 20 years of my career
Senior Personal (Former Employee) –  Temuka, Canterbury1 February 2017
The ANZ has given me the skills, knowledge and confidence I have today to go forth into the big wild world to take on new challenges in both my working and personal life.
Pros
Job securtity, medical and insurance benefits
Cons
targets, KPI's, stressful at times
Productive and goal oriented
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wellington14 July 2015
Typical day at work is starting with daily internal mails to see and be updated with the news and updates across the bank, checking any urgent requests from senior management and other stakeholders, making sure balance sheet account balances are reconciling with the system sourced download files/reports and any issues need to be resolved and be socialized with the relevant finance stakeholders. Liaising with offshore and onshore finance teams is a part of daily task. Be able to follow up on outstanding unresolved issues and be able to determine the correct adjusting entries if necessary. Daily liaising with Lending Operations team in respect to their manual updates of the line fees register which I made sure they completed correctly based on the agreed bank's processes, policies and procedures inorder for us to reconcile with the general ledger system's transaction listing and be able to raise a more complete and accurate month-end accrual and deferral journals.
I learned to manage my time and worked autonomously while overseeing the tasks being done by offshore finance team members and be available to support, investigate and resolve issues.
We made sure accounting and reporting timeframes are met with accuracy and integrity of the information.
I was able to work collaboratively with other team members and other business units inorder to successfully consolidate and standardised some of the individual reports/reconciliation tools into one single report/reconciliation tool/model(these are mentioned as part of my achievements)
The hardest part of the job is the challenge
  more... surrounding the timing difference between offshore finance team and NZ finance team as there's always cut-off time for month-end that always need to be met and most of the tasks are reliant on the offshore team finishing them on time. I had to make sure we have a video conference with them in respect to timeframes and steps to take inorder for them to deliver on time. It also involved constant liaising by phone, chat and emails.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to contribute to process improvements initiatives which resulted to improved more efficient service delivery and added value to the bank. They helped saved a lot of man hours and free up head space for more process improvement ideas.
Pros
free drinks, snacks and fruits
excellent
Senior Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  new zealand18 September 2014
excellent company to work for
great brnch staff
management good
benefits good
Pros
staff benefit
Cons
under staffed