ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

Is a good company to work with
Great place for work and coffees. Good team. Great work life balance and very accommodative. Amazing site manager. On the whole a good place to work in a long run.
Pros
Good atmosphere and great people
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Team leaders encourage growth within the company and look after their staff. The communication between management and staff is amazing and there is no divide.
fun
Often very busy but surrounded by a friendly team who are always willing to help and support you. Very diverse in the areas that you can work and offers potential for lots of growth.
interesting work place
Front office role, dealing initially with all customer enquiries. From opening an account to applying for a mortgage. Mostly on the job training, with little in the way of formal training.
Educational and productive
A typical day at work is very busy and filled with many surprises. I learnt that you need to be a good listener and understanding of other peoples backgrounds. Management was very supportive. The workplace was a fun working environment which I looked forward to go to. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the friendly customers and fellow staff.
Pros
Access to food and beverages
Cons
Sitting there when it isn't busy
positive and enjoyable workpalce
- Client meetings to review/discuss existing business performance & identify potential growth strategies.
- Gather & analyse financial information, e.g previous years financial accounts & collaborate with customers to produce realistic financial projections.

- Combine all financial, business & personal information of client into a format lending application which would be approved by myself or our credit team (depending on $ value)

- Internal meetings with business unit's to discuss market activity and identify opportunity for new business.

- Build strong relationships with clients in short period of time.

ANZ had s very strong work place culture where there was great communication throughout all business units. Collaboration was a big focus for ANZ and personally it led to a lot of new business for myself simply through building networks and good communication.

The most challenging part of my role was often time management as I had a very large number of customers who typically wanted an unrealistic turnaround time.

The most enjoyable part of my role would have been building strong relationships with customers & helping them to identify, structure and achieve their business goals.
Pros
Enjoyable & rewarding job
Cons
often worked overtime due to large number customers and unpredictable timing of workload.
Great Job.
Customer service role. Enjoyed working with team. Only left to raise child. Would have continued working if personal life permitted.
Enjoyed working with the team and day to day challenges. Enjoyed the position very much.
fun workplace
ANZ BANK has been a great place to work at. So many career opportunities benefits.and.rewards is highly awarded by this business. Multitasking is.one.of ANZ bank task to staff and cross training is also another task ANZ encourages staff. This.also builds staff self-esteem training overseas is another encouraged the the bank provides the.staff.
Pros
rewards from the bank highly recommended
Cons
system crashes provides long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ANZ Banking Group?
Great work environment
Great team based approach to achieving outcomes. Developed numerous skills in Operational and Compliance Risk working and adapting to new frameworks, and implementation of policy and regulation changes.
Pros
Great staff benefits
Centrally located back office banking services
As a temp, great place to work. People were easy to get along with and very friendly. The work was easy enough to learn and I quickly advanced to a Retail Loan Officer for the duration of my employment. I had even been given tasks extraneous to my job description because I had been so efficient. They were flexible with my hours as long as I put in my 40 hours a week and got my work done. I really really miss working here.
Pros
Center of the city, wonderful coworkers, beer on Fridays at 3pm
An average call centre
The pay and benefits are decent, and management is rather supportive. It's an average call centre, with normal facilities, and challenging, but good, customers.
My work colleagues were the ones who made the environment friendly.
Managers with false promises and jealousy. I miss my colleagues and the lovely memories we had with each other but unfortunately, fake people made it hard for me to stay back!
Pros
friendly colleagues, free morning teas, less pay compared to other banks which was not fair considering we were the best bank.
Cons
Managers with false promises who are selfish and fueled with jealousy.
Organisation with excellent opportunity across a range of skills
I enjoyed working with and developing strong relationships with my clients some of whom I continue to have a working relationship.
I developed a strong affinity with overseas clients in assisting them invest in NZ and introduced them to local professionals, diretced their taxation needs and met their personal and family needs.

I developed strong relationships with other business units which resulted in a strong trust and additional business opportunities for all parties including clients.

Being an experienced business person I assisted younger colleagues with their development and social skills including working with ANZ grad programme staff.
Pros
Great colleagues and clients
Cons
Large organisation operating in silos.
was a very proud company to be part of
loved working for ANZ, sad that I had to resign as I decided to run my own business but a typical day will start with a morning meeting, setting our own targets for the day and than start the day with meeting and greeting customers face to face, having the smile on the face all day long and sharing stories as well, the hardest part being friendly, nice at the same time having the set target in the mind to achieve by end of the day at the same time not being pushy and providing the right product and service to customers
Another great place to work
The money is good, the people are nice, and the opportunities are seemingly endless. It's a bank but they seem to really care and that is a rare thing to come across.
Career driven place
Fantastic place to work with a very diverse team. I was very fortunate to work for ANZ whilst finishing my degree. This gave me the ability to apply my knowledge and learn new skills.
They really look after their staff
It's a brilliant place to work. Very encouraging of personal development and very supportive. Jobs are well paid and the perks are brilliant. They also attract some of the best minds in the business so a really good learning opportunity...
Fun workplace with friendly staffs
i learned how to use a smart deposit machine, how to deal with different types of customers, to deposit both normal and fast deposit. i enjoyed being able to learn new things and having such a friendly staff who are ready to help.
Pros
free drinks like tea
Banking / Lending
A typical day at work consisted of Home Loans and assessments, a very busy environment where knowledge and training and assistance were always available from other staff members. They believe in having fun whilst still completing the work in the time-frames given
Pros
Working with fun people
Cons
Great stable place to work
The job was dynamic and challenging. The workplace had a great family environment with great support to work like balance.

Due to flat structure there were limited fast advancement opportunities.
they were my 'family' for over 20 years of my career
The ANZ has given me the skills, knowledge and confidence I have today to go forth into the big wild world to take on new challenges in both my working and personal life.
Pros
Job securtity, medical and insurance benefits
Cons
targets, KPI's, stressful at times