ANZ Banking Group

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

Found 83 reviews matching the search See all 1,064 reviews
they were my 'family' for over 20 years of my career
Senior Personal (Former Employee) –  Temuka, Canterbury1 February 2017
The ANZ has given me the skills, knowledge and confidence I have today to go forth into the big wild world to take on new challenges in both my working and personal life.
Pros
Job securtity, medical and insurance benefits
Cons
targets, KPI's, stressful at times
Can Do Attitudes - Facilitation & Training
Senior Personal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu, Auckland5 December 2016
Anz Bank always provides outstanding training before delivering a new product for customers. The Management team is always behind their staff which is where I am passionate to deliver training to staff knowing that I am satisfied and absolutely sure about the products and services, team exceeds targets because the delivery is easy and also across the board, can be delivered in a way that each individual will understand.
Pros
Team enjoying a challege
Cons
Targets were unfairly sorted
A very good company/bank to work for
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand29 August 2016
A very good company/bank to work for. Learned about cash handling, marketing and selling. Helping customers to achieve their financial goal by providing suitable products to them.
Pros
Free wardrobes
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service & Account Management (Former Employee) –  NZ24 August 2016
typical day would be getting the accounts i would be required to handle for the day and working through them while maintaining a healthy relationship with my co workers and management team.

helping customer out of poverty and into prosperity
Pros
lifestyle, work, culture, not being just a number
Cons
sometimes long hours / vacation time
fun workplace but less pay and recognition for the amount of work put in.
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland25 July 2016
Working at the bank can be very stressful but I'm lucky to be surrounded by a team who are fun to work with and support each other's goals. The most enjoyable part is meeting different customers and building my own network with them and the positive feedbacks that they give me regarding my service is very rewarding!
Pros
awesome team
Cons
low pay
Work for passion to make a positive change
Wealth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland8 June 2016
When work becomes passion everyday is a holiday!
The day at work starts with appointments scheduled for the week with clients who are looking to achieve their future financial goals, retirement planning and protecting their wealth and assets. Love speaking to clients, making them understand in simple easy to understand language on how investments work, why it is important to protect what they have created for themselves and securing a good retirement plan.
A good team environment makes the job a better place to work in and thankfully I have always had a good team and management to work with.
Every job I have worked in teaches me that people want to have a good experience and want to have professionals that know what their requirements are, are to the point, easy to understand, know how important their time is, that they are not measured by the amount in figures of wealth they bring in, that they can trust and be confident that their requirement is in the right hands and to be followed up on. Fortunately I have always given my clients in every job I have worked in an excellent customer experience, which I am immensely proud of.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Parking hassle
Fun place and very productive
Banking Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago6 May 2016
The most enjoyable part of my work is i get a variety of different enqueries and people , no two days are the same.
You need to be alert and focused to acheive good results which i do.
Pros
Break times on time
n/a
rather not, might have to use some strong language

after 21 years, management of my situation wasn't the best,

it wasn't bad for 19 odd years
Average place to work, great colleges
Personal banker (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington6 March 2016
Enjoyed the awesome personal banking team I was part of on tory street. The hours however were long and we often worked late nights, the call centre environment also often felt like it was run like a kindergarten by managers.
Pros
Great team culture
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment
Review
Business Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Penrose contact centre5 March 2016
The role was to assist retail staff with lending enquiries on a daily basis. I found out there was quite a gap in staff when it came to knowledge and there was a need for in depth training in quite a few areas. Senior management showed little interest in staff development and this was up to the individual to progress on. Staff were quite good to work with as there was a lot of collabaration within the department. The job had a few challenges which I managed to work around and find solutions. Assisting staff and ensuring that they understood what they were taught was very satisfying which made me feel that I was helping them with their development.
Pros
Free tickets to international cricket games
Cons
Shortage of staff which put others under stress
Review
Credit Assessor (Former Employee) –  ANZ contact centre Penrose, Auckland5 March 2016
Working at Anz was okay for the type of business and the employer was quite focused on profit and this was quite evident within certain areas of the Bank. Fortunately I had a good few opportunities along the way as I progressed to quite a few different roles which allowed me to increase my knowledge and development which I am very grateful for as this has placed me in a good position when it comes to the principles of lending and also being able to share this with other staff within the organisation.
Changes in any organisation is always very challenging but how you handle the changes are very important as two Banks were merged into one at ANZ and some staff found this quite difficult to accept but I took this on board and engaged in it fully.
I always showed a keen interest in whatever I was involved in and made the most of the opportunities that were presented to me and thus was always successful.
Pros
Free cricket tickets.
Cons
Staff shortage at times put a lot of pressure on staff.
Exciting and Engaging Workplace.
One week customer service (Former Employee) –  Mt. Albert, Auckland4 March 2016
I worked at ANZ for 5 days as part of a Gateway Programme. My typical day consisted of various things. I worked as a teller, counted the petty cash at the end of the day, participated in the meetings with my team members and team leader, serviced the customers and communicated with them.
My team leader and team members were a fun, enthusiastic and most importantly; a supportive group of people who helped me settle in the working environment swiftly.
The hardest part of the job was to fill in time when there were fewer customers. I like to be a part of a fast paced working environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to handle customers by myself and satisfied their needs to a 100%. I did this by conversing with them about their day and trying my best to get their job done as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Pros
Meeting new people and building a network.
Cons
The not so busy hours at work.
Excellent company to work for
Card Support Transaction Services (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington3 March 2016
It is always about customer satisfaction with the company which drives a lot of motivation in the organisation in doing whats right for the customer.
Hard to change or move up
Unix Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington18 February 2016
It is very hard to develope and to advance.

Once in a position it is very hard to change or to move up despite great effort.

The work/life balance is great and there are options for everybody.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
career options
Focused on customer and staff growth
Part-time Sales Consultant/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Rarotonga, CK8 December 2015
Typical day at work:
Meeting new people everyday, continuously learning new things.

What I learned:
That I have the potential to work in this kind of industry, new found confidence.

Management:
Friendly, and very approachable.

My Co-Workers:
Started as co-workers, ended as a big family.

The hardest part of my job:
Dealing with difficult situations that took up your whole working day sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of my job:
Talking to new customers, becoming their friends and our team becoming closer.
Fun workplace
ANZ Bank (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N4 November 2015
Working at ANZ Bank was really fun for me as a student especially for my work experience. Working together with all the other employees and experience how to work in a bank was really fun and a bit frustrated when its busy but overall it was really fun working at ANZ Bank.
Pros
Free lunch
Productive work environment
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland21 September 2015
Definitely a fun work place to be in and surrounded by good support from Team leaders and management. Incentives were great in terms of working towards goals and achieving. Would suit someone who enjoys a heavy work load and can multitask and problem solve
Pros
Great staff discounts
Cons
Heavy work load
A lot to learn
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Wellington3 September 2015
everyday is a new day at work, its a phone based role, handling multiple type of enquiries over the phone including lending. Giving financial advice to customer which suits their needs. work colleagues from different background, so you can learn about their culture.
Pros
Pizzas, Vouchers, incentives, coaching, training about new products
Cons
diffrent shift bands each month
Productive and goal oriented
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wellington14 July 2015
Typical day at work is starting with daily internal mails to see and be updated with the news and updates across the bank, checking any urgent requests from senior management and other stakeholders, making sure balance sheet account balances are reconciling with the system sourced download files/reports and any issues need to be resolved and be socialized with the relevant finance stakeholders. Liaising with offshore and onshore finance teams is a part of daily task. Be able to follow up on outstanding unresolved issues and be able to determine the correct adjusting entries if necessary. Daily liaising with Lending Operations team in respect to their manual updates of the line fees register which I made sure they completed correctly based on the agreed bank's processes, policies and procedures inorder for us to reconcile with the general ledger system's transaction listing and be able to raise a more complete and accurate month-end accrual and deferral journals.
I learned to manage my time and worked autonomously while overseeing the tasks being done by offshore finance team members and be available to support, investigate and resolve issues.
We made sure accounting and reporting timeframes are met with accuracy and integrity of the information.
I was able to work collaboratively with other team members and other business units inorder to successfully consolidate and standardised some of the individual reports/reconciliation tools into one single report/reconciliation tool/model(these are mentioned as part of my achievements)
The hardest part of the job is the challenge
  more... surrounding the timing difference between offshore finance team and NZ finance team as there's always cut-off time for month-end that always need to be met and most of the tasks are reliant on the offshore team finishing them on time. I had to make sure we have a video conference with them in respect to timeframes and steps to take inorder for them to deliver on time. It also involved constant liaising by phone, chat and emails.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to contribute to process improvements initiatives which resulted to improved more efficient service delivery and added value to the bank. They helped saved a lot of man hours and free up head space for more process improvement ideas.
Pros
free drinks, snacks and fruits
A Day in the life of a Mail officer
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  wellington, new zealand25 June 2015
ANZ is a great organization which cares about its staff. The staff were very down to earth. The work flow was well balanced for staff to interact with each other while still getting the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.