ANZ Banking Group

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

Found 84 reviews matching the search See all 1,068 reviews
A Day in the life of a Mail officer
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  wellington, new zealand25 June 2015
ANZ is a great organization which cares about its staff. The staff were very down to earth. The work flow was well balanced for staff to interact with each other while still getting the job done.
Client Services Executive (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N17 April 2015
Great organisation to a be a part of and learn about banking. As an organisation ANZ is involved in a number of different things.
Pros
large organisation
Cons
Was not very impressed by some managers
Very productive happy workplace
Lending Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket Auckland29 March 2015
The most enjoyable part of job was providing fast helpful Mortgage assistance for the Branches and as such received many compliments.
Worked hard with fun and had fun with hard work. A good mixture of both, work and play.
Commercial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand13 March 2015
Get the work done right the first time with teamwork and have regular meetings with management to promote transparency.
Checking work done the previous day for my customers by other Departments in way of loading limits, expiry dates, product type etc was done accurately.
This was a challenge as I had to rely on other Departments to get my job completed accurately therefore I had to be on top of things to getting mistakes rectified ASAP
The best part of my job was to build relationship and trust with my customers.
In this cut throat industry it was pleasing to know that customers appreciated honesty and realistic promises with deliverance and their appreciative comments and emails for a job well done made the hard work I put in well worth it.
Pros
Regular lunch dates and evening catch ups with work colleagues to promote team building., regular catch ups with Relationship Managers to set expectations right for each other.
Cons
Tight deadlines, Relationship Managers over promising customers and the honors was on me to get the job done.
Had work and life balance
Reconciliations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellington, N28 December 2014
Had work and life balance. Happy work culture. Work is very challenging.
Good friendly people
Teller, customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Auckland/Australia11 December 2014
I enjoyed the atmosphere at the bank. The social interaction was great for team building
Fun people & workplace
Assistant Manager - Corporate (Former Employee) –  Rarotonga, Cook Islands8 October 2014
A typical day at work is taking my morning attitude&behavior vitamins & they are A=Attitude, B=Believe, C=Courage, D=Discipline, E=Energy & F=Fun, & it will reflect the rest of the day towards my customers & work peers. I've learned about understanding the different type of businesses & customers & what needs they require from the bank & providing them the possible solution. Customer & Staff relationship is very important also. What made ANZ Cook Island special is the people you work with, they interact, collaborate & fun to be with. Given the long period working at ANZ I've come across with different managements, there are the ones that you are not good with & the ones that you are good with. However for the last 4-5 years, my bosses were one of the greatest mentor & mates I've ever had. They've not only to provide me work ethic but understanding of family life which is very important to me. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with complaints & angry customers, but there's always room for improvements. The most enjoyable part of the job is that bond you achieve with customers & staff & knowing that you are there as a face for the bank & providing banking needs to everyone.
Pros
Flexible with family & church
Cons
Yes long hours, pay don't really match with your job especially when you are doing everything.
excellent
Senior Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  new zealand18 September 2014
excellent company to work for
great brnch staff
management good
benefits good
Pros
staff benefit
Cons
under staffed
Sales focussed
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  wellington16 September 2014
My co workers are great, I made many long term friends from my time at ANZ. The best part of the job was meeting sales targets and being able to help customers with solutions that really benifited them. I learned a lot through both roles with ANZ, I gained a good understanding around the retail environment of the finical services industry particularly the unsecured lending space.
Pros
good hours
Cons
highly monitored and micro managed
Loved working in the Bank
Teller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand24 August 2014
We had a great team environment and was great working in the Bank and dealing with the public and daily challenges. This job was a few years ago
My service with ANZ
Customer Care Officer (Life Insurance) (Former Employee) –  Wellington16 July 2014
Working for ANZ they really look after their workers. Very nice environment, I would recommend this a outstanding company to work for. You have your days when short staff and the phone calls coming in can be very busy and stressful. Talking to customers over the phone can be a challenge and also an enjoyment to go the long mile for a customer to make them happy. My co workers we were all like a big happy family. The managers were very supportive to the team, and given awards. I learned a lot working with ANZ, how to use their system, and how to provide a very outstanding customer service to each caller.
Pros
free drinks on Friday
Cons
You get your angry customers, but also a challenge
The Career Job
District Training Manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand15 May 2014
I got this job shortly after leaving school, and worked my way through the ranks.
Achieving awards in marketing, sales and training.

Hardest part of the job was watching the many merges and staff losses over the years.
Great people, Fun place to work
Service Consultant - Contact Centre (Former Employee) –  Ellerslie, N15 April 2014
Typical day at work was to come in before your shift start your computer and necessary computer programs you need for the day, then start your shift. Your always learnt something new in this position as customers would always have different questions/issues they needed help with etc. Management was always supportive (constant side by side coaching, if there was anything you were unsure of you can always stop and ask and someone was there to show you) if you did well they would let you and your team know about your success weather it be something they have seen from you or if a customer called and wanted to compliment you. The part I enjoyed the most was meeting new friends (Co-workers) and helping people (customers). I absolutely loved finishing a call and being able to say that that customer went away happy and that their questions/issue were resolved in a timely / efficient manner etc.
Productive and fun work place
Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Zealand9 February 2014
Was just going to work and doing your job then going home
I learned a lot of things. That s where I got my customer service skills from.
Hardest part was finding more training, I had learnt all there was to the job.
Most enjoyable was going to work every day and working with my team.
My co-workers were fun and bubbly. We worked together as a team all the time.
Operations Administrator
Operational Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wellington18 January 2014
Administration Team

- When customers called through to the call center, our team would do all the paper work.
- New signed up customers, we would enter all details into the system, and send out their packages.
- Each customer had a different request, therefore we had to be careful to send out the correct information.
- Work together with other teams, to see what can better the process and sending paper work out.
- Update ourselves with any new information, new Eftpos machines and how they worked, any new products coming out, and to make ourselves familiar with new processes.
Pros
Great team enviroment.
Cons
Repeatitive work.
Great People, Awesome Management
Data Entry
Taking calls for the National Bank and ANZ Bank merger.
Excellent place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Huapai, Auckland18 June 2013
Really good place to work with a strong Senior Leadership team that has a clear vision for success. Lofty goals are often set but are rewarded financially and by recognition from peers. Recommend to anyone looking for a challenge in a sales orientated, customer focused business
Pros
Excellent opportunities for career progression
Cons
Sometimes too focused on sales results
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington CBD22 April 2013
Serving Demands on customer.
Sending Property Law Act instructions to Lawyers.
Arranging provisions to be loaded against customers.
Contacting Insurance Companies.
Pros
able to leave early on friday afternoons
Cons
no cons
Professional workplace with compassionate and supportive staff
Project Manager Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Wellington15 March 2013
This is a fast paced and demanding environment which provided me with challenges that helped me develop professionally and personally. My co-workers have been superb and very professional. Hard work, commitment, excellent output are all rewarded and recognised.
Summarising accouting and finance statement
Internship in the Bank (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, New Zealand13 March 2013
internship in ANZ bank and worked with accounting and finance statement in different company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.