AOL

AOL Employee Reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

I loved my time at AOL and was sad it had to come to an end. Company culture was great, they made it fun to be at work. We worked hard but also tried to enjoy our time there.

Was an amazing place if you were on the right team

If you're part of the right team, it was an amazing place to work. Sr. Management is hit and miss. Some extraordinarily smart and driven people, while others are total dead weight.

decent pay, fast paced job, bonuses not what was pitched

decent pay, fast paced job, bonuses not what was pitched calling members to prevent cancelation seemed futile at times, nice people, good training, but a dull job

Fun place with game room and flexible hours

Have been working at AOL for many years. Very relaxing work environment and flexible work hours for engineers. Everyone is respectful. Especially good for moms.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Company as whole has No growth

Formateur

Entreprise formatrice, forte culture d'entreprise.

It was a nice place to learn.

It was a nice place to learn and grow as an individual. Work was stressful at time which made it difficult at times but overall I enjoyed my time with the company.

Pros

Growth opportunities

Cons

Short breaks

I was a Community Leader (volunteer position). I learned many skills regarding online moderation.

America Online's Volunteer Community Leaders program was a great opportunity to break into a social media moderation career. I gained many new skills an make connections that I still have, almost 20 years later.

Pros

Support, training, interesting work

Cons

Volunteers weren't paid.

Productive and fun.

Very productive and fun place to work. People is nice and coworkers are cool. Pay is decent and life and work balance as well Productive and fun. I enjoyed working at Aol. The management appreciates your efforts and hard work.

Impossible to advance forward.

If you are not a female, or praise your supervisor like a lord. Be sure you will stay in your position long time. Beside that I've had an offer from a different department and my team leader at that time refused to approve the transfer because I was "too valuable on the position you are".

productive

workplace culture, management, people, benefits are pretty good. very talented people and help each other. Vision kept changing and org changes were frequent.

Not great

No sense of inclusion, long hours. Job is monotonous and boring. no real room for advancement. management is clueless.

Fun filled environment but business is done-task accomplished

Our boss explains nearly to all team heads and they will explain to the people who do work. When a big task is assigned the team shares it among the group and finish the task nicely.Everybody is eeasily accessible for help and guidance.No pressure and ego issues existed among the peers.

Pros

Free trips for motivating the team

Cons

Execute the task assigned within the day by sitting more hours

Work very hard with motivation

I work very hard, respect the work times, responsibility, how to talk to costumer service if even if they’re angry or unhappy I still here resolve the problem.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short break

Great company for a content writer

Great company and good team. Worked for 2 months on a freelance writing project. I was able to be creative and get the support I needed from the director and IT team. Association of Learning (AOL) offer courses for a reasonable price to help people start a new business or learn a new trade.

Pros

Work in my own way

Cons

Freelance term only contract availability

Amazing back in the day

A company that first enountered internet scale and learnt hard lessons along the way. Used to be a great place to learn new technologies and embrace change.

Great Environment to work.. You get to learn everyday something new about the company project

With 4 years of proven experience providing customer service for several different companies, I am confident I will make an immediate contribution to your team.I have demonstrated the ability to effectively handle situations or inquiries while working within policy, procedures and standard processes. You will find I am detail oriented and able to analyze, prioritize and resolve client requests or issues quickly and effectively. I possess excellent communication skills both oral and written.I have remarkable interpersonal, organizational and time management skills. I am well versed in all the Microsoft Office suite applications. Furthermore, I learn new applications quickly and efficiently. I am able to support team goals along with finishing my assigned tasks which makes me a perfect fit for a multitasking environment such as AOL. Learned different cultures of the world and Fun with employers and the CEO.. Great experience to work with AOL.

Pros

Goodies and free trips. In compitative environment Fun at work

Cons

Travelling to the Centre in an advanced Era.

Awesome Company

Best job I’ve ever had. Would have loved to retired there if they were still here. Nothing bad to say at all. Was the beginning of my call center career.

Productive workplace that encourages hard work and fun.

The environment great when I worked at AOL, from the food, perks , and everything else in between. Even though the work I did was not related to my major, the staff and management was so organized in the process of meeting goals and deadlines. They were also extremely helpful, willing to answer any questions I had especially with my lack of experience in this field. I highly recommend working here, especially for interns.

Pros

Free coffee, drinks, entertainment (AOL Build showcases with celebrity interviews), games, etc. Has socials and helpful workshops too.

Great place!

It was a great place to work for and I miss it. I was RIFed a long time ago but I understood why and I really wish it never happened. I miss the place a the people. AOL made a bad decision buying Time Warner and this should never had happen they would have been able to do broad band with out this deal and it was a mistake.

Pros

Was great place!

padrisimo

Padrisimo el ambiente laboral y con mucha experiencia de los directores

i miss it

This was the best job I ever had. I miss it a lot. Great pay, fun environment. I'd still be there today if they were in business. I probably still have money in my account from working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AOL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?