APC Overnight

APC Overnight Employee Reviews

2.6Work–Life Balance

Who knew stacking boxes could be so stressful

If you're a student, it's good pay and works for you. To be fair when i left the management was improving. A lot of the equipment is dangerous though.

Pros

Paid

Cons

Poor health and safety and bad equipment

Disappointing experience overall

After working several years for this company, I find the company to have a serious blame culture throughout. There is also unfortunately a lack of valid training as the training given is 'mickey mouse' training. From my own experiences it doesn't matter if you do your job good or bad you still receive negative reaction. You attempt to give ideas and feedback and you are told to 'stay in your lane'. Working for this company has seriously impacted my career development, would avoid unless your'e a 'yes man'.

Steer clear

Honestly horrible place to work at can't really have any time to relax seen people who have arthritis on site and see treated like garbage by the managers. It's honestly the worst place to work so like they say unless you're really desperate DO NOT WORK HERE

Cons

Great place to work, listening to other drivers moan, great Banter, a good crack, managers were ok, never overworked, flexable stating times, and job n knock

Pros

Good conditions

A place of nightmares

Awful place, you get treated like a piece of dirt. Managers are young kids who are extremely unprofessional and like to cause drama for no reason. Overheard one of these managers saying they were “going to hit me” if I didn’t wrap a pallet faster. But the problem is that some people have it easy while others (like myself) are put on chutes that are impossible to keep up with. Honestly unless you are extremely desperate I wouldn’t step a foot in this place.

Soul destroying

An awful place to work, due to night shifts you have no social life and everyone there is depressed, you are treated as a number and a robot not a person and are made to work hard whilst people stand there and chat. However when you stand and chat there's an issue with it. It's back breaking work and even when I had fractured my thumb I was still made to do twice the work of others. After pulling my back there and returning to work after a few days rest I asked to be put on something light, I was told no and again put doing twice the work as others. The management were all so degrading and rude and a lot of them were 18-20. To conclude unless you're desperate for a job steer clear of this place.

Unhygienic and dull work place

Very fast paced work style, and rough handling with the parcels. Also there is no care for people’s products and parcels are thrown and treated poorly.

Overworked and under paid

Excessive drops And very little payCollections arranged throughout work day and sometimes arranged for impossible times Not a nice work atmosphere

Pros

N/a

Cons

Not enough time for drops

Lack of support.

No support from senior management during difficult times. Had a bad year with illness and when diagnosis was finally made by medical team, was let go by this company for having too much time off work.

Don't do it

Absolute shambles of a company. Work your bottom off for pennies. Management is a joke. If your thinking about applying for this job I would advise go somewhere else.

Awful

Awful place to work no respect for workers, you are treated like a robot and you never know what time you'll be finishing work. I'd steer well clear of the place.

Ok job. Minimum wage.

Very stressful on body. Equipment given not always good.Pay was good enough, not worth the physical stress though.Very short breaks, considering it takes at least 5 minutes to get from the work area to the break area.So you loose 10 minutes in going up and down.

Good to work for , not overloaded with deliveries , plenty of staff . Lots of laughs & good team work.Lots of work related courses available to progress.

Pros

Free ice cream in hot weather

Cons

Hard graft

Great lads doing a great job

Working is early start late finished, hardly any money after being out house 13-14 hours a day. If was to average money earned hourly after cost probably be like £4 an hour

Pros

Mon-fri

Cons

Working for nothing

Bad management

Drivers get away with the worst things, blind eye to smoking, products handled terribly. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I understand each franchise is different.

A Friendly Work Environment

I would go back to APC once my health is better. I did not want to leave there to be honest but my health was playing up after just starting there. All in all good place to Work.

Pros

Good Working Shifts 8hrs / Overtime available if requested.

Cons

No Public Transport at early hours

Disorganised

Dont bother working here if you’re looking for warehouse work your better off going somewhere else, it’s disorganised and not a good place to work at all

Stressful, disorganised,

I spent over a year at APCand in that time the job was made harder and harder by management. No reward for proficiency only more work. No set finsh time No real communication. Fines deductions and penalties all throughout the year.

Pros

It's better than being unemployed

Cons

You wish you were unemployed

Fast-paced working environment

Packed and processed orders in an often fast-paced working environment. Gained the ability to adapt to different situations and positively respond to pressure. Management are very capable of leading and motivating workers. I felt the workplace culture was centred around discipline and productivity. In theory, warehouse work is very simple, but doing it persistently can be difficult and requires effort/discipline. Found the work to be very straining on my body. Most enjoyable part of the job for me was the 30 minute break.

Pros

decent pay, good management

Cons

long hours, heavy packages

Fast paced and easy co-workers

Great place to work. Management is so relaxed and everyone is a team player trying to get the job done to go home. Fast paced, but the time goes by so fast and everyone is lovely.

Pros

Time goes by so fast

Cons

Heavy lifting involved

Rubbish management

Always on your back shouting at you. Even though i could reach deadlines, they were never satisfied. Work colleges were great to work with amd security staff were good too. Basically moto is keep your head down get on with the work and dont respond to management as they run the place.

Pros

Good work colleagues

Cons

Absolutely rubbish managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at APC Overnight. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• APC Overnight
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?