Apple
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Apple Employee Review

n/a

14 August 2020
Busy call center; stat (metrics) and customer survey driven; receive escalated calls from the public where you provide service to anyone from fanboys to first time iphone users. Must be self-motivated and resourceful to succeed and get a good schedule. Training is minimal: receive a 2 week orientation to Apple and then some nesting. Self guided training and peer support through chat was essential. Your calls are constantly monitored and feedback from Supervisor and teammates is standard. If you want to eventually promote, you are expected to work in the next level up for same pay as your current position. It still could take 1-3 years to actually receive promotion with pay increase if you are chosen. Extremely laid-back dress code: t-shirts, jeans, hoodies. Excellent medical benefits; on-site medical facility; access to acupuncture, massages; (small co-pay) clean modern gym ($10/mo). Great on-site cafe with cooked to order meals, espresso bar, and grab and go food. Perks such as Apple swag (t-shirts, mugs, office supplies with Apple logo); 25% discount on some products; family discount 15%. Occasional contests to win products; usually needed to work overtime to qualify. Must work weekends and holidays. I was a top performer and still had to work on Christmas day. I left because of low base pay and minimal pay increase (50 cents/hour).
18 March 2020
Senior Technical Specialist (Apple) (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Good to work when the team members are active and fun. Get to interact a lot with different people and we learn a lot from the issues that a customer can go through. Workplace was very well handled by the management.
23 November 2018
Area Sales Manager, Australia / New Zealand (Former Employee) - Wellington, Brisbane
On any given day I had variety in my role. I could be doing store visits, conducting business reviews with external or internal vendors, conducting training events etc. Apple spend a great deal of effort & time investing on training me. You would think it would be product training however mostly it was more about building skill sets to better allow me to interact with Apples many partners. The culture was the best I have ever seen, very healthy, very supportive. Always asking where or how I would like help. This empowered me to do the very best job I could do. I loved being apart of a company that truely cared about making the world better.
17 July 2018
Business Support Manager (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
Learned much about business to business selling and management in rural Bay of Plenty. It was time well spent for a definite time while my wife worked as a radiologist.