Apple
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Apple Employee Reviews for Home Solutions Advisor

Great company with excellent co-workers. Good team spirit and support from management. However, in my position, there was no real path for advancement.
Any customer service job is stressful. Apple gives you ample resources to help resolve technical issues. The management and teams are very supportive and helpful. Easy advancement and bonuses if you do your job well.
Pros
Great benefits, opportunities for advancement, awesome program for college students, good pay
Cons
Might end up working an hour or two past your shift if you get a hard call at end of shift, stressful
I was hired to work as an at home advisor. it was an awesome job with great benefits but the calls can be very stressful. be prepared to handle difficult situations.
Apple is one of the most fun, exciting, and passionate companies I ever worked for. They care about the employees. There is always something new to learn especially during the new releases.
Pros
Swag, employee discount
Cons
Work life balance
I worked at Apple as a home advisor for iOS devices. It was a college position through their college program. The training was thorough, paid, and taught me a lot. The managers were always accessible and kind. The calls were taxing, though. There is little to no time between customer calls, and some customers can be very hateful. If you have a hard time winding down from stressful situations, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Great management, great benefits, amazing pay
Cons
Very stressful, customers can be mean
Decent job overall, not much advancement. At home fairly flexible, would be nice to have opportunity to study courses inside apple for better advancement.
Nit too bad a company but pay was very low. I earned less in 2016 than I was getting in 1996. Worked from home but very strict timing and limited autonomy.
Pros
Reasonable benefits
Cons
Poor pay and poor work life balance
Right out the gate you are an Apple Employee! Benefits start as soon as you are hired. Management is always around to help. And you never know what perks may pop up
Pros
Full benefits, and Special perks
Cons
I worked as a At Home Advisor for Apple Support for the College Program. Overall customer support role, can be difficult if you do not have prior technical experience. Position is completely remote and as well as training was also remote. Apple is a great company to work for and they truly care for their employees, company culture and coworkers were great. The pay and benefits are awesome for a part time position. One of my biggest dislikes of the job is the angry and rude customers, as a T1 advisor you are the first person of contact and you'll be put through some of the worst customers. Also the job can be very draining, exhausting, and so repetitive with calls. The only thing that kept me motivated to stay was the pay, other than that the customers can be horrible to put up with. I love Apple, I just personally don't like the Apple Support position.
Pros
High hourly pay, Benefits for PT workers, Pto, Discount
Cons
Rude customers, can be more on technical at times
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Apple?
I was an at home advisor and it was amazing! I loved working from home and my supervisor was great. All you had to do was answer phone calls, which wasn't too bad at all. As long as you work hard, they'll easily promote you.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
None!
The job really doesn't support college students as it states. I had three different managers in less than a year, so it made changes and adjustments much more complicated.
Pros
Great benefits
Bad HR department, Poor management, you are just a number to answer calls. Nothing more and nothing less I got fired on bereavement time because one of my managers set me up to get fired regardless of how grimey it was
This job was beneficial while studying. Work schedule was based off class schedule, so very flexible. Great if you're into troubleshooting and customer service. Excellent medical benefits, PTO etc. If you like answering phones and don't mind dealing with people, it's a great start, but can become monotonous. Grateful all the same. Opportunities to advance in the tech world.
The company cares about money not employees or customers.. I was penalized for asking for help multiple times.. this woman gave Apple a one-star review but me a five-star review and they counted it against me lol
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Get treated like garbage
I was working from home for Apple and I had to quit after a few months, the manager was all day after us either on the chat or by email, they seem to sit down on their desk and look at what employees do every second, they make you feel like a criminal or that you are not doing your job at all times, in the end you feel paranoid even to go to the toilet in case they are trying to reach you at that moment. It was really hard to reach them for help or anything at all, I had problems with the Inter connection and they don’t have a specialised support , they send you some linkss with instructions and you must fix all issues yourself
I enjoyed working for Apple. As an at home chat advisor, my role was simple and enjoyable. I prefer to be inside a working environment instead of working from home so that is why i decided to move on.
I have learnt many processes about Apple devices Management play favourites and if they don't like you, you don'get much help. Work is very stressful and there is no support. Most enjoyable part of the job are the customers. Working from home is very lonely and if you don't reach out for assistance, you rarely hear from anyone until they are not happy with your KPI's
Pros
work from home
Cons
The interview process at Apple was done by phone assessment then a FaceTime or Skype interview was setup. The interview process was professional but laid back and comfortable.
I have evolved as a person while working with Apple and learned various troubleshooting skills. Every day is challenging and gives one opportunity to exhibit exemplary communication skills. Time to time training is provided to keep one abreast with the changes.
During my time with Apple the company culture made a swing more towards financial gains and less towards providing a quality product and excellent customer service for it's customers
Great experience! Apple trained me to be able to communicate with clients using their "Here to Help" standard. Apple has the best customer service for a reason.