Ara Institute of Canterbury
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ara Institute of Canterbury Employee Reviews

Progressive Environment
The team at Ara are focused on Student success, when I worked there it was during a restructure and the majority of staff had a very positive attitude and managed themseleves in a professional manner.
It’s who you know
No work life balance. Have been asking for 2 years to reduce hours and they won’t allow it pay is barely adult living wage and job title certainly doesn’t match job description. If you are employed as corporate services your pay is way less than those that are employed under the EAR contracts yet you do the same type of work. Management won’t back you up when they tell you to do something as they only care about themselves
Accepting Work Environment
Ara has a laid back, welcoming work environment. The workplace culture varies greatly between departments. At the Academic Innovation and Research Division, I enjoyed my job and those I worked around.
Productive and fun workplace
Ara is one of the largest institutes of technology in New Zealand with five campuses and a choice of more than 150 qualifications including degrees and graduate diplomas.
At Ara we specialise in education for employment; when you study with us you'll gain skills, knowledge and practical experience, and you'll graduate work-ready with a globally recognised qualification.

Our tutors have years of professional experience and extensive industry connections. Most of our programmes include work-integrated learning (up to 1400 hours for some qualifications) and our course completion rate is among the highest in New Zealand.

Our classes are small so you'll get to know your tutors and classmates well. Our staff are committed to your success and we offer a comprehensive range of accessible student support services.

Wherever in the world you come from, you will be welcomed into our inclusive community made up of staff and students from more than 50 countries. You'll also have many opportunities to enjoy free time in a safe, friendly region close to beautiful scenery and adventure pursuits.
Productive and fun workplace, feel safe
I went to ara and it was sick. Rocked up there with no skill set or knowledge for building and a few months down the track I'm operating machinery and get stuck in like I run this shiz haha. It's fun! And you meet such cool people. I had a really good time and encourgae others to put themselves out there and have a go! The tutors got you, you're safe as, and there's no bullying... everyone's too chill for that. It went for a year, 3 days a week, I completed my pre trade in Carpentry and walked out with a job in construction at the end of it too. Its just been over a year now and I've still got my job, signing off my apprenticeship to become qualified. Get into it!!
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesday's. Pay for your drivers license and tool safety cards
Cons
My course was only 3 days a week lol
Wonderful culture for Work
I really enjoyed working in Ara institute of Canterbury, I learned so many things which is helping me to develop my career and shaping my future. would love to work in future with them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ara Institute of Canterbury. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2