ARISE

CSP27 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,333 reviews

Fun place

Great for flexibility and fun jobs. I worked for Disney Dining and it was a hoot everyday. You must be on your toes however because policies and events changed constantly.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay

I just can't get enough hours no matter which/how many clients I train for

I have taken around six training classes now and every single one has been an utter waste of time. They will claim you will need to work a 15 hour minimum to keep your contract and then you can't even get 15 hours to begin with. They will tell you you will get more hours based on the "star" system but I consistently had high scores and could never get more than about four hours a week on the program that I was on for longest period. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results, so I guess I came to my senses after this last one.

Pros

You make your own schedule

Cons

It really doesn't matter because you can't get any work

Time to say goodbye to the costly, useless experience that is Arise

After certifying for several different clients, I have finally decided to give up on Arise and reclaim my sanity. After all, the very definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. And I'm sick of the costly, disappointing results I have gotten. Arise is a textbook case of the bait and switch, referring to "15-hour minimums" on virtually every client they post openings for (leading any rational person to believe that if 15 is a "MINIMUM" then at least that much work is available). The reality is far different.Ready to "start your own remote call center business" and work for your chosen client? Yeah... so was I. You will be astonished at how few hours are available after spending hours and hours in training and doing homework. You will constantly be told more hours will be added, but it's doubtful in my experience; if they are added, the cap prevents you from claiming more than a few more shifts, AND you have to be willing to work a half-hour here and there to make it happen. This occurred on all three of my clients, and I can only assume it happens on others. They will tell you that you will get more hours if you perform well, but I have never found that to be the case. I have had no major performance issues whatsoever and typically only unscheduled when responding to the many, many requests to take "interval exceptions" (read: even though there are so few hours available, they over hire and over schedule, meaning they don't even need the people they let work the few hours so they ask you to give up time). Even so, very few hours -

Pros

work-life balance is great if you prefer "life" as there is little to no work

Cons

everything

you get what you put in

Time management skills are needed. I had fun with the client i worked for. make sure you research IBO. Think of it as your own business as opposed to a job.

Very flexible.

Great flexibility. You pick the hours you are available for. Overall, good experience. A lot of hours available throughout the day. Good workplace culture.

Pros

Flexible.

Cons

A lot of technical difficulties with the platform

Hobby job from home

I think the beat way to describe this is a hobby job. Of you looking for a full time wage then I would recommend to look elsewhere. From.starting with Arise 18month ago my feeling has changed rapidly for the negative in the last 6-12month.Hours are more of a fight. Contracts removed without any warning.Yes your self employed and are your own boss but you are under the beckoning call of been fully flexible around Arise or there client's not flexible around you.If your happy to work 30mins here the 2 hours there between first hours of the morning till late in the evening 7 days a week and find hour caps of 25h per week then this job is here. If you want a full time wage then I would recommend looking for a company who wants you. Arise want as many staff as possible to charge you each pay for the privilege of low amounts of hours.

Pros

Work from home.

Cons

Poor hour's, long days, poor systems, got to be part of the click.

Stay away from ARISE

With Arise now for 2.5 years. Had two crooks for IBO's that charge you like mad. I am ok with the small Arise fee each pay though. I went on my own a few months back and what a relief!! HOWEVER, their phone tool a particular client uses was having known issues with dropping calls and, low and behold guess who gets their SOW terminated for UNPROFESSIONAL BUSINESS PRACTICES??????? You guessed it, THE AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The scheduling in available intervals is a HUGE joke as you pick your schedule but when you click on SUBMIT, POOF they gone and you fight to get what is still there IF ANY!!! What a joke!!! I will be leaving soon, as I am more actively than ever searching for a REAL job with REAL hours in a REAL time frame instead of the scattered out every day half hour nonsense.. Often times it takes 10 hours to only work maybe 3 in one given day. There is NO work life balance in THAT!!! STAY AWAY and look elsewhere!!!

Not what I thought

I was falsely accused (that's how innocent people end up in jail) by a PF and they still have not reached out to me to determine the facts of the issue. I was going to recommend this company but due to the way they treated me I will NEVER refer anyone and recommend people to stay away. You are a contract employee and can make your schedule, however; the hours are not what they said they would be and they can cut your hours at anytime due to lies. Working is on your schedule, there is no management. You are not really trained and in chat if the PF tells you to do something and it is incorrect, be ready for an email in your box. There are these silly meetings that they have and they go over the same stuff. The hardest part is dealing with ignorant management with no education who was promoted because they asked. The customers are horrible and you are supposed to take their abuse. The company expects you to sell but the reward is not great. So many people are lying to the customers, I would not even get service through the company they contract with. I enjoy setting my own hours but won't refer people. I told them to let me check it out and I will get back to them. I can not speak for the CEO, have not dealt with him or her.

Pros

setting your own schedule

Cons

have to work sat, sun, and mon

Intentionally cutthroat unethical employer- You are an employee

Arise Virtual Solutions in Miramar Florida is horrible. They are deceitful and unethical. Forgive any and all typos. You enter as a worker eager to work and service. You pay to set up fast telephone and internet, all business prices (expensive), Headsets, with mic and dialing pad and one with usb and mic. desk, chair, paper, pens, computer (fast ram). You're tech savvy and have a productive 30 plus year work history and then get to Arise and you supposedly unable to work your own computer, do bit know how to login in with passwords, you accused of not knowing how to work and provide services. While typing this I called Spiegel and Ultrera who hung up while I was talking not wanting to discuss Arise lawsuits. This lets me know that Arise is a powerful force in Florida and must hold many dinners. I expect BBB to sell this complaint to Arise as well. They systems crash and you're blamed, the systems crashes is their firing tools for fake NPS system. The PFs, trainers, and moderators all have business, they are IBOs, they are also friends of IBOs who have family, friends, and employees as new enrollees in the certification certs. In the tape recordings that were no where in site today, show how favoritism takes place, how they stupidly mention other IBO asking them to take care of their employees and this they do. They pamper overgrown men and women- who appear to be workers not problematic (problematic to them is complaining about why systems fail, pay not given, unfairly terminations, unfair treatment and call outs in course) this others would use as disgruntled employees. -

Pros

work from home

Cons

stress, unsure of income, unsure of termination causes

PFS, Trainers, instructors are IBOs themselves- More work 4 them

I game with a class action suit. One day during service last, I was dropped in the middle of a live call. Busting my butt and resolving calls as should. Sometimes working off the clock and longer than I had checked scheduled for. I Asked why? poor NSP-impossible. No warning no other explanation. Money, time, and expectations lost. That was with Intuit. Fast forward, in class with same client. 40 people, 1st day of cert a field trip, in the field trip Shaun bashes "five people" in the class for complaining to management about managements (poor) decisions. He speaks about people who complain have poor internet and lousy computers. Bashing continues for duration of 'field trip". All I could think about was an very unethical company. It was basically a threat to the entire class that if you went to management about any decision there would be consequences. By the end of the first day of 40 students, more than half had completed homework before she assigned it at 100% Only nearly 10 answers questions in the class, but the instructor doesnt notice that the spread sheet she submits with individual progress updates has nearly 20 people with 10 assignments completed, attempting logins for the first time. Mind you, this is a 4 hour course the first excel spread sheet issued by 5 pm that evening should not be full when no one has a system, are new to the course, and cannot get in to system logins. 3 days later, remember those who had the assignments did sooner than should have, because they could not get into a specific program well the homework was submitted the first day, third -

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Cutt Throat, lying management, Intentionally Matrix set-up for failure.

Good Start to gain Skills

I have been servicing since April 7,2017 This is a contract position and a good place to work if one has a good IBO and or a Business Owner then all the better. The pay is average but to work at home is a plus. No traffic to sit in to go to work. Some calls do extend into one's breaks but the benefit of adjusting that is in our hands so it is not like one has to just continue to sit there when the call ends. I like the timely pay on the 15th and 24th. I really like helping the guests I serve. Arise is great. For those just starting out be advised that one MUST have the discipline to do work at home.

Pros

Autonomy in my work space

Cons

No pay raise

Excellent job great opportunity the people are great and process is quick and easy to learn. Training isn't paid for which is a bit of a set back but still a great opportunity.

It's not for everybody

I like working for Arise so far. I became disabled last year and can no longer commute or work in my career, so this is really my only option. You do not work FOR Arise, you either have to create your own IB (independent business) and partner with Arise to gain access to their client opportunities, or you can work for an IB that is already existing if you don't want to start a company. This means no benefits or paid time off ever and you are responsible for making sure to save enough to pay your own income taxes each year. Even though you have to pay for certification courses and Arise charges a monthly fee to use their platform, they are a legitimate work-from-home business and you can make anywhere from $9-14/hour, maybe more depending on performance and whether or not the client you service offers bonuses. You also have to be extremely people-oriented because these are all customer service or technical support positions where you will be handling mostly upset and/or rude customers. So if you're looking for a cushy work-from-home job but have little to no people skills, this probably isn't for you. Each client has metrics that you have to continuously pass, and if you get just a few customers rating you down during the after-call surveys, you're out. You can expect to invest anywhere from $100-500 when starting up with Arise based on several variables, including expenses to set up a business, upgrading internet connection, buying a headset, certification class, etc...so plan on at least spending $300 up front to get started.

Pros

Work from home, plenty of different opportunities

Cons

Initial start-up cost

Arise is great... Just find you the right IBO!

The Arise Platform is Amazing! All the tools needed to make money... What messes it up are the IBO business owners using the Arise platform not taking good care of their reps! If you are planning to join the platform definitely check out the IBO before signing. There are some great ones on here <3

Pay for your own training

The courses are paid by employee . Then you have to find a IBO that will pay you the hours you worked . Chat support is rude and not helpful long wait times . If you decide to drop a client you are blackballed and can’t apply for Arose for 18 months. Some classes are unorganized and difficult to learn in .

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Very low pay

enjoyed the opportunity to learn the how to service clients in a virtual world.

Respond to telephone calls, providing quality service to clients inquiring about the availability of products or status of orders. Listen attentively to caller needs to ensure a positive customer experience. Access to multiple screens for information, for the customer. Strive for a quick resolution; commended by supervisor for the ability to resolve problems on the first call and avoid escalation of issues. Demonstrating a positive way to communicate effectively with customers and look up info to help with the customers needs. The hardest part at first was to learn how to de-escalate and angry customer, instead of easily sending to supervisor. Satisfying the customer, knowing the issue was solved and that I actually helped someone.

Pros

Learning experience, accomplishing something new

Cons

the ramp ending and being put back into the job pool, missing interacting with classmates

get a real job and stay away, your wasting valuable time

This company is awful, I've been stupid enough to work for them for over a year. I can't get any hours anymore when i used to be able to get many, My metrics are usually superior to everyone with the exception of of sales. on the comcast client, your job is to resolve billing issues and do television tech support. If you suck at doing both of these they don't care as long as you can trick somebody into selling them a line of business that they don't have. ie (internet, home security, digital phone and tv). Most of the pfs in the chat room don't know how to do their job and if you can't resolve an issue for a customer there is NO supervisor and don't expect a pf to take the call for you, they will do ALL that they can to avoid taking the call, so basically you have to pretty much just hang up on the customer to avoid being cursed at anymore. Not to mention i am owed close to 500 dollars in back pay on the arise side because they don't know how to do payroll. my suggestion, stay very far away from this and get a real job, Your own business BS with them is a joke, plus you get no overtime past 40 hours.

Pros

work at home

Cons

everything else

Be afraid very asraid

BEWARE While when this company began they were well known and treated their IBO'S and CSP's as human beings now they will terminate you at the drop of a hat and only explanation is failure to meet statement of work (SOW) requirements. It is impossible to talk to a human being everything is done on line. There is a reason the state CA won a muti-million class action suit filed for unfair labor practices. Management knows nothing about what they are doing it is the most frustrating place to work. I have law degree, and law school was less stressful. Also owned my own company for 30 years, and NEVER have seen such a poorly run company. They did not even make the top 100 at work home job companies, this in itself says something.

Pros

Cons

everything

Depenfing on your needs for work this will be great

Arise is a very convenient job for me as i only wanted something part time because i still have a young child. I also get to still travel and service whereever I go within the states. Im currently servicing Apple where i started in July 2015 at 10.00/hr I now make 12.00/hr. Being that i was only in search for part time work its great because when I want i have the option to work past my initial 20 hours. The maximum of hours does depend on your own stats and ability to deliver. the stat qualifications for your calls can vary thru clients but can take you from 25 hours per week to 99 where you have the ability to choose you work hours (which i love). Im not at all saying the hours you want will always be available but for the most part i work hour that are comfortable to me. Some times i may choose to wake in the middle of the night to see if some hours have been released just to pick up a little time but its no bother a simple minute of of the night. I did have to pay for my initial training but it does pay off and is part of being a contractor. I personally think it was worth it and there are some discounts available if you are a veteran(or active) so make sure you let someone know when you start applying. The pay is another thing that varies by client but the advancement is rare it's there but rare but pay raises do come by you! in my time of employment i have had to go to tech support multiple times for one issue within two weeks because thats how long the client took to correct the issue which was irriatating as if you have an issue you do have to stay on top of them if -

Pros

flexibility

Cons

servicing issues If they arise

There is very little transparency with Arise if you are a CSP

Lot's of secrets and very little transparency. When you ask specific questions regarding how the rating system works (stars, metrics, etc.) You get vague and very suspect answers seemingly as a way to keep you in the dark. This is how they review your performance and decide whether to let you keep working or not. Although, they let you choose the hours you want to work. Often there are no hours available to work and no explanations as to why that is.

Pros

You can work the hours you choose, if they are available.

Cons

There is virtually no transparency

Took way too long to get paid.

Training wasn't paid which was a big disappointment, but at least they paid for your enrollment fees. Flexibility was a little nonexistent as well. Loved the managers though.

Pros

Good management. Paid fees.

Cons

Payroll lacked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARISE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ARISE
  • CSP
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?