ASB Bank
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ASB Bank Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland31 reviews
Large corporate that means change takes time.

Business casual attire and many opportunities to progress internally.

Self-directed learning and minimal guidance to overcome issues.
great facilities and environment, hostile managers, understaffed. Did have a chance to learn and do lots though. Pay was average, often had to work long hours but not too much. Quite difficult to further your career
Fast past and target driven. Making sure realistic targets are being set and staff achieve targets. Managing day to day processing. Supporting the team, coaching and training.
opportunity to learn new and various jobs.
gained lots of accounts, administration and business support experiences

It gave me the satisfaction of giving great customer service to our internal and external customers
Enjoyed working with other wider Teams, always busy and productive with a lot of activities and opportunities on the go.
However the Wealth division is very political and toxic. Best not to question processes or when something is not right as it will come back to haunt you.

Feedback has little meaning once the top makes the decision.

Top-down communication lacking.

Toxic people who has been around for a long time, spread rumour and gossips like wild fire.

Team manager is not a people person and is concerned about figures only.

Has no interest in you as a person especially evident on the day you resign. Don't be surprised a verbal threat is what you hear as you are walked out the door when you join a competitor.
Strong culture in self development, career progression. Provides a wide range of internal workshops that you can go to, it's up to you as to how far you want to progress and what success and achievement means to you.
A digitally focused company looking towards the future and the bigger picture. Company values it's staff by way of small gestures (Easter and Christmas gifts). Diverse and culturally active in the community and workplace. I enjoyed my time here (7 years).
Pros
Great friendships made
Cons
Wage was avg
ASB has played a massive role in my personal and professional development in the past years.

ASB Bank is a leading banking in term of training and team environment to help with professional growth.
Pros
team work, work life balance
Cons
non
Being too good was my undoing; the manager did not want me to move out! But a nice place to learn; customer service was given paramount importance, then targets were to be achieved.
Great place to work out. Very laid back people. Drinks on Fridays. Free coffee and food. Not very strict with hours. Very understanding if you have issues at home.
Pros
Great pay, free coffee and great people.
Cons
금융업에 대해 이해도를 넓힐 수 있는 좋은 기회였습니다. 해외 영업부에서 근무하였는데 같이 일하시는 분들도 편하게 대해주셨습니다.
ASB is a company that stands by its people and values. I have truly enjoyed working here with the people I engage with, and the leadership's direction to ensure the work we do is fully aligned with the values we signed up for.

The culture can vary from team to team, however very accepting of every individual, from flexible working to career advancement.
Pros
Great people oriented culture
Cons
Great working environment - and good work/life balance. The staff are friendly and helpful. There are activities that go on outside of work too that you can take part in
ASB highly value their staff and their progression.
ASB encourage flexible working and agile learning. The IT department strive to improve customer experience and always concentrate on improvement.
Pros
Banking benefits
Cons
enjoyed the people and work culture, top state of the art technology available, opportunities for growth, but location not convenient for me.

Have flexible hours if permanent, and has staff bank privileges if permanent. Not ideal for temp roles, no bank privileges.

Great CEO and management, bound by overall bank process.

High in innovative ideas.
A typical day would be running morning meeting at a branch, thereafter having a one on one session with non producing source, meetings with clients whether new or old and before leaving the client, to ask for referrals.

ASB has a very solid ONE TEAM system where everyone works for everyone;referring to each other and acknowledging each others.

The hardest part of the job was the changes made to this incredible oiled and working system.

The whole team works as a family.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Incredible changes.
I loved working for the visa center. Was my 1st job after high school.
Management was great and the small team I worked with took me under their wing and I truly believe I learnt my work ethic off these great people.
One of my favorite Companies to work for, very challenging, friendly environment, gained a lot of knowledge and experience from ASB Bank and they really look after you. I enjoyed working for ASB and thankful for the support and experience during my time there.
Pros
Flexible hours, an hour lunch, early finish every Friday, happy hour on Fridays, Team buildings, gifts on special occasions like Easter, Christmas and New Years, we also received gifts from the management Team and you get to have a day off on your birthday.
Cons
ASB is a fantastic organisation. Senior management fosters an outstanding culture, which makes it an enjoyable place to work. I have been given development opportunities at every step and would highly recommend ASB to anyone looking.
A great company to work for because of its culture about the community and its people.

Things changed when the company was taken over by a bigger Australian bank. The people and community culture shifted.

I had worked with colleagues for over 20 years and it was and still is a fun place to work for.

A typical day would be everyone is self motivated to come in and start their day. Daily debriefs were common, and weekly target meeting updates occurred. This was consistent throughout the organisation. Everyone had a role and the company was very well structured.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the changes whether with process improvement or technology. You learned to embrace and go with it as it was guaranteed to make life a little easier.
Pros
Caring management from CEO to team leaders
Cons
Perception some teams were not accountable to the bottom line as seen with their team spends
A typical day at work is basically getting referrals from the tellers for any banking needs from opening an account to Lending or even just a simple banking query.

I have learned that if you are a dedicated and genuine person, you don't need to look for clients, they will come to you.

My co-workers have individual personalities, I get along with everyone as I adjust myself to what type of person they are. All I have to do is to understand their individual characters and to make sure I am there to support them.

There is no such thing as hardest part of my job because I love my job, I love the customers and my Team.
Pros
We have a nice lunchroom and coffee is free. We do shared lunch on Christmas
Cons
Brilliant place to work. A great focus on development and continued learning. The culture was very supportive, with a company-wide sense of community.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASB Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4